four

Moonlight

"W-where are we going?" Hyukjae could not believe how many times has been asking the same question in the span of ten minutes. But as usual the other male only smiled softly. With a subtle promise of something Hyukjae cannot describe.

They were going further into the trees and the darkness. It was late night for heaven's sake. His mother is calling him every ten minutes (which he conveniently does not answer, only replying a short message something about a group project) 

Because apparently this guy, Lee Donghae had conveniently dragged him after his class, Donghae waiting just outside his classroom. They went almost everywhere (or at least everywhere Hyukjae would go to) they went to the city library, the famous bookshop near their school, a small cafe just a few minutes walk from the library.

Just as he thought they were about to part in the bus station on the way. Donghae looked up at the sky, then at Hyukjae, then back at the sky.

And suddenly he was being dragged to somewhere he didn't know.

Hyukjae was observing his surroundings. It was dark with only the soft moonlight above illuminating their path. The leaves crushing under their feet and the quiet hum of the animals accompanying them as they walk. 

It's dangerous, Hyukjae could not count how many times he had tripped along the way, and it is already late but he cannot help but trust the male with everything he has.

Donghae tightened his hold on Hyukjae's hands. Hyukjae was thankful it was dark or else the  other male would have seen the blush color his face even more. Donghae's hands were firm and strong yet smooth and soft at the same time. Their hands are tightly linked but not enough to crush his own hands. And he could not help but notice how their hands fit, as if they were made just for each other.

Before his thoughts could venture any further he was stopped by Donghae. The man was standing in front of him blocking whatever it is in the front. 

Donghae smiled that small smile and whispered into his ear. "Close your eyes Hyukjae" while taking both of his hands, holding them securely.

He tried to ignore his rapid heartbeats and the dizzying sensation of Donghae near him. 

He was being pulled forward and he can feel the slight cold breeze of autumn air. Not too cold, only enough to send a slight shiver down his spine. Donghae noticing this slightly rubbed their hands together. 

"Cold?" he asked. And Hyukjae could feel the slight wrinkle on the other guy's forehead. Funny how they have only been talking for a few weeks but he had already memorized Donghae's quirks and mannerisms. 

Hyukjae shook his head and smiled softly. 

"Okay then, you can open them now." 

Hyukjae cannot describe what he saw. 

They were in a clearing, the moonlight brightly illuminating them from above. It was beautiful how the moon felt so near yet it also feels to far. 

Below them were flowers with different colors, each casted different glow from the moon. Beautiful.

Hyukjae unconciously tightened their enjoined hands and smiled happily at Donghae.

"Its beautiful." he whispered, noticing how Donghae's eyes crinkled up and sparkled. 

The moon is casting the right amount of light that makes the brown haired male look ethereal. His fringe just above those soft brown eyes. Beautiful. So beautiful.

"You haven't seen the best part yet." At that Hyukjae tilted his head, confusion etching into his face. 

But Donghae only smiled softly and pulled them down until they were sitting on the grass. 

After a minute or two, he saw it. The small light from the trees, almost unnoticeable unless you look closely.

And one by one the lights flickered and soon enough they were surrounded by the beautiful fireflies glowing into the night.

Hyukjae was sure his smile is about to break his face into half but he could not help it. He was looking up to the fireflies glowing around them hand still enjoined with Donghae's.

After marvelling with the sight he could not help but look to the guy beside him. 

Donghae was smiling softly, looking like he has seen the most precious thing in the world. Except that he was not looking at the moonlight, nor at the fireflies. He was looking at Hyukjae, eyes twinkling and lips widening into a soft full smile.

Nothing compared to Donghae's smile. No matter how beautiful the scenery around him is, nothing beats that precious smile etched on the others face.

Still stunned after seeing Donghae bloom into a full smile, he did not notice how the said male was coming closer. 

Closer.

Closer.

Until he felt soft lips on his forehead.

--

HAHAHAHA. SORRY. This is unedited, I just need to get this done. I also need sleep. Lots of sleep.