I'm Too Curious

He Got Too Close

I didn't notice it before, but he has a cut on his lip and right brow. I wonder what happened?

Suddenly, he walks towards me.

"Ye-ye-yes." I gulp. Why is my voice so shaky? Why is he so intimidating?

"I have to go somewhere. Cover for me."

"Okay..."

I felt as if I was under compulsion. That charismatic stare. I felt like a small child. I would never have anyone talk down to me especially not Mark or Jackson. But why? Why do I feel so helpless around him?

*NEXT DAY*

I walk into school with Jackson and Mark flirting and playfully calling each other "Mandu" and "Dimsum."

Ugh. I can't stand being a third wheel. Why can't Soojung notice me already?

Suddenly, I see her by her locker.

Good. No one is around her.

I run up to catch her.

Mark and Jackson are shouting "YAH! Where are you going?" But I ignore them. I have my eyes set on her.

I gasp. I'm a second late. Kang Min Hyuk, the school's best drummer, has his arm around her. "You're going to the broadcasting room right? I'll walk you there."

"Oh okay." She blushes. 

When were they dating? 

*BAM*

My thoughts are suddenly interrupted because I'm pushed against the wall.

What on earth? Someone messed with the wrong person today.

I look up and I see him. It's Im Jaebum.

"Did you do what I asked of you yesterday?" His voice. Low and rough. But, somehow, I can hear him breathing really hard.

"Yea. I did. I said you were in the nurse's office because you fainted. Then, I said because you fainted, she probably sent you home."

His breath is faster this time. "Good. Do it again today. I gotta go."

He runs off and out of the school. 

I have this strange impulse to follow him. My curiousity is killing me. So, that's just what I decided to do in the heat of the moment. I run after him.

Once I run past Mark and Jackson, they yell, "YAH! Where are you going?" once again.

I just scream the words "HEY! COVER FOR ME AND JAEBUM OKAY! THANKS!" 

I'm still running after him. But why? I can't put it in words.