Why Am I Doing This?

Days Go By....

Sarang's POV

"WHAT?" Mommy screeched as she flipped the laptop to face her. She let out a small sigh and angrily said, "I thought you were going to tell her that your going to marry her."

I flinched suddenly realizing that I didn't know who "her" was. Who could it be? Either way, I immediately disliked her because whoever Daddy was going to marry, is going to tear my family apart.

Even more than just Daddy leaving.

It's going to cause major destruction--Lawyers, torture, abuse, divorce, EVERYTHING.

My bottom lip quivered slightly even though I didn't know the entire story.

"But I'm not going to marry her." Daddy said calmly.

I let out a quiet sigh of relief, so that Mommy didn't hear me.

"Well," Mommy continued as if I wasn't there,"Even if Sarang says yes, I'm not going to let you touch my daughter."

"What?!" Daddy was surprised."I helped you raise her until age two. You don't even know WHY I left!"

"Well, then why did you leave?" Mommy asked.

"Because I love you guys." He answered.

"That's what you always say on the phone!"

Phone? All this time while I wondered who my Dad was, why Mommy never spoke of him, how Mommy met Aunt Sunny, they spoke on the PHONE?

"I only called you once." Daddy said.

"Well, Sarang?" Daddy questioned again.

"Hold on! If you think your going to move back into this house after leaving for five years, think again!" Mommy raged on.

All those memories of my friends with Dad's came flooding back.

"Sarang doesn't have a dad! Sarang doesn't have a Dad!" Cho Hee chanted after my first day of school.

Pretty soon, everybody else joined in, and the teachers never noticed.

"SARANG DOESN'T HAVE A DAD! SARANG DOESN'T HAVE A DAD!" Everybody sang.

I looked to the side at the only person who spoke to me that day, EunCha.

Her dad grabbed her after seeing that Mommy was late and  he took it the wrong way.

"Come on, EunCha. Let's get away from this dirty little orphan."

Once the singing stopped and EunCha and the teachers left, the field was empty. It started raining, and my only new shirt that Mommy could afford that year was ruined.

"Mommy...." I quietly cried along with the clouds. After 30 minutes, Aunt Sunny came and dried me off.

"Sarang!" She scolded, "You know better than that! You should have taken shelter under a tree!"

No one ever found out why I was crying that day, and no one ever will.

I feel a soft, lonely tear slowly run down my face.

The sound of Mommy's voice shouting brought me back to reality.

"You pack your bags and marry that dirty--"

"STOP! PLEASE!" I half-sob half-plead.

Mommy looks at me in shock.

"Umma!" This was the first time I called her Umma instead of Mommy, "Please! Let Appa stay! PLEASE! I DON'T MANY FRIENDS! I ONLY HAVE TWO! THE TEACHERS LOOK AT ME LIKE AN OUTCAST!"

I  cried and cried, sobbed and sobbed.

My Mommy's face looked hurt as she watched me.

"P-Please don't cry! Sarang!" She worried.

She put a scowl on her face and faced the laptop with Daddy.

"Fine. Be here by Monday night, no later."

Once she said that I thought, Why am I defending the reason why Mommy was so sad all these years? Why am I doing this?