Thinking of you

Cherry Blossoms Promise

I am Kwon Jiyong, should I tell you that I am one only heir in my family. I was born in wealthy family, I have so lovely parents and I can called my life almost perfect. Everything according to my plans and my parents always support me in all the time. I’m very grateful to be part of this family and I swear I will always obey my parent’s will back then. Yeah, back then..

And everything ruins now.

I sit on my chair behind my teak-wood table with “president director” name tag stand quietly on the surface. I lean my back, sighed. I miss her.. for sure. It’s been 4 years I haven’t saw her or met her personally. It was easy to see, talk and hang out with her before. But now, I can’t get every single thing about her life, I miss her for sure and I want everyone now and I’m still in love with her since long time ago until now. my feeling and her existence never change in the back of my mind and deep inside my heart.

I move my chair direction to see the sky outside the window, tonight is a bright day because it’s summer. This bright sky, fresh air, flying birds and the softness of the wind blow are remind of something..

FLASHBACK

“don’t run bom!!” I scream to sweet and adorable living-doll In front of me who running unstoppable while her head’s looking up to the sky to see cherry-blossoms tree full bloom.

This is spring, and we are decided to attend “Hwagae Cherry Blossoms Festival”. This is an every year festival which organized in 1993, the cherry blossom festival is held in Hwagae Market, a traditional open-air market situated in the border between Hadong in Gyeongsangnam-do and Gurye in Jeollanam-do. During the festival, the cherry tree blossoms along the six kilometer-long road from the market to Ssanggyesa Temple are a fantastic sight to behold.

“yaaa!! Jiyong.. ppallii! Why are you walk like a turtle? Soooo ssslloooowww!” I heard bom scream to answer me. and with that she already challenge me indirectly, I run to her as fast as I can but she didn’t notice me because her attention fully take off by the appearance of beauty cherry-blossoms today.

Without any alert, I crash my body against her when I suddenly approach her, I can know that she was gasped and surprised with my appearance, I stretched my arms to back hug her. I rest my chin oh her shoulder. Her scent really sweet.. sweeter than cherry-blossom scent.

“don’t you dare to run and leave me behind again.. arraa?” I said

“uhm.. okay.. but can you let me go first ji.. yong?” answer bom. This girl really shy right now.. but it’s cute for me. I releasing her from my hug and turn her body to face me. I’m looking at her face.

Her face really beautiful, more beautiful than six kilometers cherry blossoms which exists here. Her cheeks are flushed like a cherry-blossoms petal that show me how pink they are. Her eyes bright like a sun that give some sparkle on the cherry-blossoms today. Her lips too, looks so soft like a surface of cherry-blossoms. And herself, really graceful like a cherry blossoms tree who show us how graceful they are with so much flowers bloom as a crown of the tree. Just by looking cherry-blossoms tree someone can feel relieve and happy at the same time. they are so beautiful, sweet and attracted. Just like her. For me.

“stop staring at me” she said

“why? Can’t I staring at my girlfriend?” I said, and I can see her cheek turn red, I chuckled.

“yaa!! Don’t tease me.. at who said I’m your girlfriend? Don’t make a joke like that” she said, remind me. but I can’t help with her innocent face right now. her blank face really something in this world.

“why?” I asked her

“because.. you know how if I misunderstanding with that” she answered and look away from my face, try to avoiding my gaze while her lips pout. And she is the one who suit with pout. How can pouting face someone become really cute like the way she did.

I rubbed her right cheek gently and she look at me right away, give questing look. I keep looking at her. Can’t able to turn away, I want to see her face forever. And today I’m really realize that I love her so very much and I can’t hold it anymore.

“today, below the biggest and the most beautiful cherry-blossoms in Hwagae, I want you to know that I’m really love you bom. This feeling already exist inside my heart since long time ago but I didn’t have any courage to let you know before. But today, seeing you running, smiling and laughing make me lost my self-control and I can’t hold my feeling again. I won’t to loss you. So will you be my girlfriend from now ‘till forever?” I said and keep looking at her. But she just stay silent and give me her blank face.

It was take many seconds but she still silent, this awkward situation make me so nervous and shy at the same time. why she just stay silent when someone proposed her?

“bom, can you at least answer me and don’t give me that look” I said, try to crash the big ice between me and her.

“ehm.. jiyong.. I’m sorry.. I..” bom try to answer me but she can’t talk properly. And did she just said sorry earlier? somehow my leg become numb and stiff..

“why are yo sorry? Did you reject me bom?” I asked

“noo.. jiyong.. I mean..” she cut me suddenly

“so?” I asked her again

“I love you too.. but I’m too shy right now” she answered with her head look down. I can’t hide my happiness.. I smiling very wide, from ear to ear and hug her directly. Tight. I don’t want any distance even just a little distance that make us apart.

“thank you bom” I said. Inhale the scent on her neck and I can feel her hands around my back. She hug me back. I don’t know how long we hugging each other but now finally I can release her from my arms and give the best smile I ever has. I want to show her how much I love her.

Both of us keep smiling at staring each other. We don’t need any words to describe our feeling. From our eyes we can tell to each other that we are really mean everything. I love her and she love me too.

I lower down my head to meet her, I don’t know it’s too fast or not but I want to do it. My head more and more closer to her and finally I pressed my lips against her.  I just peck her, not a real kiss. But with just a peck I can know she has a sweet and soft lips.

Our first kiss, under cherry blossoms tree, in the middle of spring when every cheery-blossoms are fully bloom.

END OF FLASH BACK

“braaak” someone open my office door roughly . I’m surprised and I turn my head to..

“so hee?” I gasped, why? How can this girl come inside my office

“jiyong..” she said me and make her way to reach me while her face are full with tears

She is Ahn So Hee, the biggest problem of my life. You know, if I ever said that my life always according to my plan, and my parents always support me in everything it was never exist again since two years ago. My parents want me to marry this girl, Ahn So Hee. Just because her parents has a very good business relation with my parents, and our parents has a very far imagination to wonder if their child getting together and built a new life together.

I’m already refuses this match-making but the problem is Ahn So Hee. She is the one who pushes our parents to match making us. I don’t know if she has a feeling for me or not. But, I can’t and never accept this match-making. My heart and love just for bom not for other one.

“why are you here? I ever said to you to not coming here” I said

“ I’m sad and need you now” she said and stretch her arms around me

“yaaa! Stop doing that.. just have a seat and tell me what happen” I said, as much as I want this girl disappear of my sight, still.. I know she was a girl, and the real gentleman never do any harsh thing against girl.

She finally release her hand around my shoulder and move to have a seat in front of my office table, across me. she erase her tears and calm herself

“what happen?” I asked

“three days our parents already talk about our engagement. But I can’t attend because I was in vegas. And last night I got a news from my parents that you refuse to engage with me. why? We are will be look together jiyong.. am I not good for you?” she asked me.

right! She always like this every time I refuses the engagement’s plan. This is the third time, her parents pushes my family to match-making me with her. But I won’t give up, although so hee has a beautiful face and good manner, I can’t fall in love with her so easy. Because only bom who own my heart.

“I already told you many time so hee-ya. I can’t be with you.. can you just stop to push me and my family to do this kind match-making, please”

“is it because of her?” she asked

“who?”

“a person named park bom?”

“how can you know her name?” I surprised, I don’t remember if I ever said bom name to her.

“that girl already disappear from your life jiyong, just face the truth. If she still in love with you, she will try to find you. But see? She never try to find you.. maybe she already has a new one” so hee said.

“no! don’t you dare to said like that. I know her and you don’t know her. I’m begging you for this time. just stop your act which always push to grant your wish. Love it’s not a game, and you can’t push someone feeling toward you” I said

“no! if you give me one chance I will love you with whole of my heart, but you didn’t give any chance. You’re selfish. You just keep thinking of her. Do you know, if her still thinking of you or not? You are so stupid jiyong! Why can’t you just see me now.. not her!” she said, with high pitch in the end and get up from her seat and walk away to get out of here.

“I will always thinking of her, because I love her” I said when she still hold the knob, and she stop her track

“you are so stupid” she said, not looking at me

“I’m happy by just thinking of her” I said and she finally get out from here.