Eavesdropping

Twist Of Destiny

“Great, now I want this to go directly towards my office.” Hyunsuk said as he put the lyrics back on the table. Chaerin let out a soft chuckle as she looked at the lyrics she had written. Emotions had been flooding out of her as she was given the piece of paper, emotions of all kinds. Emotions she hadn’t been able to let out of her chest for quite a long time. She looked at the lyrics again and smiled, knowing too well that simple song had half of her heart inside.

“Do you think they are good?” Jiyong said as he handed Hyunsuk another paper with the lyrics he wrote. Chaerin looked at Hyunsuk, at how he scrunched his face while he read the lyrics. For some reason, she was feeling anxious about his reaction.

“This is great Yongie.” Hyunsuk said as he set the lyric down. “So great, you guys make a great team.” He spoke as he walked towards the door. Chaerin bit her lip and nodded. Her heart was beating fast as she sang the lyrics in her head.

“What was yours about?” Jiyong asked, interrupting Chaerin’s little inner fight. She looked at him and blinked, not quite understanding what he meant. He smiled and pointed at the lyrics at the desk. “The lyrics, what you wrote about?” Chaerin smiled and rested her back on the chair.

“Read them.” She simply said. Jiyong crooked his head and pouted his lips while he crossed his legs.

“You don’t mind?”

“We’re a team, I don’t mind.” She said and he nodded, grabbing the lyrics she wrote. He furrowed his eyebrows as he pouted his lips, reading the lyrics eagerly while he tapped his fingers on the table. His hand held the paper tight as he read further, making her feel uneasy.

That day, she had read the most unusual letter. Kikwang had told her they needed to go and identify her father’s corpse. She wasn’t prepared, she wasn’t prepared to face the fact that he was no longer with her, and that she would never speak to him again. Death had never been so close to her before, she had never felt it so close. She had lost her uncle, her father’s twin, but it hadn’t given her that feeling of emptiness inside. Hadn’t make a hole within her chest, hadn’t drained her of any emotion at all.

Emotions, she hadn’t felt anything but anger, anger at the person who killed him, anger at the fact that her father was there, buying her food, because he was worried about her. She was angered at the fact that she made him worry, made him wonder about her every day, every hour and every day. She had been a terrible daughter, and what’s worst, she didn’t had a chance to tell him how much it meant to her all those annoying calls of him telling her to eat or sleep.

“Chaerin.” Her heart couldn’t accept the fact that she had lost a battle, had lost a comrade, a friend, had lost a piece of her heart. “Chaerin…” Jiyong spoke, but his voice sounded too far away, her mind was filled with dark thoughts, the emptiness of her chest had started to blind her thoughts, deafening her soul.

“I think this is awesome…” He spoke again. Slowly, Chaerin lifted her head, looking at him blankly.

“What?” She said softly as he set the lyrics back on the table. He looked at her and let out a sigh.

“You’re so broken…” He muttered. Chaerin narrowed her eyes at him. Broken, could that be a word to identify her feelings? Could that simplify everything in her little, crazy life?

“Broken?” She echoed, her voice sounding distant, even to her. Jiyong nodded and looked to the side, then back at her. She stared into his dark eyes, deep and shallow, so empty, yet so full of anger and solace.

“It’s none of my business.” He said and organized the stack of papers next to him. Chaerin bit her inner cheek and nodded, letting out an annoyed sigh, he was a complicated person, one no one could easily read, that much she could tell, but knowing that didn’t made her any less angered by his indifferent reaction towards her.

“Right, is none of your business. I just wrote a lyric, nothing about my personal life is written there, so that’s it.” She said. Jiyong looked at her, and she could see a slight widening of his eyes, followed by a frown. He quickly nodded and stood up, holding the lyrics in his hands.

“Do you remember where Hyunsuk’s office is?” He said as he handed her the lyrics. She nodded as she took the papers. “Take this to him. Now.” She raised an eyebrow as he sat back on his chair. His voice was strong, firm. She stood up as she stared at him, but he ignored her and continued to write on his notebook. She let out a sigh and walked out of the studio, lyrics in hand as she stumped her way into the elevator.

The door closed with a loud sound, making him set down his pen. He had been an expert in pretending, a living mask over a dead body. But not even the fakest of mask could hide the pain he felt inside that moment. Her voice rang through his mind as he recited the lyrics over and over again on his mind.

My mind is lost to you,
My soul is broken, all because of you.

My sorrow has become my home
My pain has become my gain
By far, by close,
you have broken me whole.

His fingers tapped the table as he looked at his reflection over the monitor, she was broken, he knew, those weren’t just lyrics, those weren’t faked feelings, no one could fake those. Jiyong let out a sigh as he rested his back on his chair, looking at the closed door. A shadow of a smirk appeared on his face as he shook his head, her soft voice still ringing in his mind like sweet metals hitting each other, so deep, so fierce, so cold and yet so soft, so sweet, so broken.

“It is none of my business…” He muttered, grabbing his notebook, looking at the draft he had written. He shook his head again as he ripped the paper and threw it on the basket, biting his lower lip as he saw the blank sheet on his lap. “Nothing makes sense anymore.”

She the buttons, biting her lip. The doors opened quickly, the elevator was already in the third floor, as if it was waiting for her. She stepped in and pressed the 5th button harshly, standing straight as the doors slowly closed. Chaerin looked at the lyrics in her hand, slightly trembling as anger filled her veins. Indifference was something she couldn’t take easily, and definitely not by that man.

She shook her head as she let out a soft chuckle. “I am so hopeless…” The elevator stopped at the next floor. She cursed inwardly as the doors opened and a man walked in. She looked at the man, it was Seungri, reading some papers on his hand. He turned towards her and smiled widely, bowing his head slightly at her. “Miss Lee, right?” He spoke. Chaerin smiled and nodded, putting her most bright, most fake smile.

“Just Chaerin.” She said. He smiled and nodded, pressing the 5th floor. She rolled her eyes as she saw him, the button was already pressed.

“I’m Seungri.” He said, still smiling. Chaerin nodded quickly as she moved to the side, allowing him to stand more comfortably on the elevator. He fixed his shirt as he moved uncomfortably next to her.

“I know.” She answered honestly. He bowed slightly and turned to look at the elevator’s door. Something about him was off, the way he moved constantly, the way he held the papers, hiding them from her view.

“So, you’re Jiyong’s new mate, right?” He said out of the blue. Chaerin looked at him with a raised eyebrow as the elevator pulled to a stop. The doors opened and Seungri turned towards her, bowing his head as he gestured her to walk out first. She did, and he followed her quickly.

“Yes, I am.” She said. She had made a promise to herself to speak only the necessary with them, all of them.

“So, is he treating you nice?” Seungri said. Chaerin nodded, now realizing he was following her.

“He is. Seungri, are you headed to Mr. Yang’s office?” She said and Seungri nodded.

“Y-Yes, I need to speak with Hyunsuk. Are you?” He said and she nodded.

“I have to hand him this.” She said as she showed him the lyrics. Seungri looked at the papers and nodded smiling.

“Jiyong’s working your off already? Gosh, he’s dense.” Seungri said, making Chaerin chuckle. She shook her head quickly as they stopped in front of Hyunsuk’s office.

“Nothing of that, I like to work.” She answered. “Besides, I just wrote one song, and I don’t even know it its good.”

“Well, it made its way towards Hyunsuk’s office, it must be good.” Seungri said as he knocked on the door. Chaerin narrowed her eyes as he slowly opened the door after Hyunsuk called him in.

“Seungri!” Hyunsuk said. Chaerin walked slowly after him, slow enough to notice Hyunsuk’s stressed expression. He quickly looked at Chaerin and smiled brightly. “Chaerin, you brought me the lyrics?” He said and Chaerin nodded, extending her hands towards him.

“Here.” She said and Hyunsuk smiled as he held the lyrics, quickly setting them on the table.

“Thanks so much Chaerin.” He said and looked at Seungri with a serious expression. She noticed Seungri slightly nodding, then both of them looked at her. “Chaerin my dear, if it’s no trouble, can you leave us? We have to discuss some serious matter.”

“Of course. I’m sorry for disturbing.” She said and walked towards the door.

“Oh no, don’t be, it’s just some tours matters, but thank you for understanding.” Hyunsuk said and Chaerin smiled again as she walked out, closing the door. She stood next to the door, trying to hear what was told inside. Something about the way they looked at each other made her curious, as much as to stay and eavesdrop a bit.

“… Are you sure? Could there be any mistake?” She heard Hyunsuk’s distant voice.

“No, I am not sure, these are just theories, nothing real yet.” Seungri answered.

“We have to speak to Hyunseung, he may be able to clarify this for us.” Chaerin’s eyes widened at the mention of her old boss. It irked her curiosity even more, and she moved closer to the door, holding her breath in as she saw the silhouettes moving inside the office.

“Hyunsuk, if this is indeed true, we must do something about Jiyong…”

“What about him?” Hyunsuk asked.

“He’s getting involved, I think he cares way too much for-”

“Hello there.” Someone called her from her side, and she jumped up, putting a hand over her chest as she rested her back on the wall.

“Let’s not tell him anything, for now.” Hyunsuk said distantly as Youngbae walked towards Chaerin. She smiled at him as her breathing came back to normal.

“Youngbae, hi.” She said. “You scared me.”

“Why? Where you eavesdropping?” Youngbae said as he smirked at her, wriggling his eyebrows. Chaerin widened her eyes as she shook her head quickly.

“Of course not! Why would I?!” She said and Youngbae started laughing.

“No need to get so worked up, is Hyunsuk inside?” He asked and Chaerin gulped, slightly nodding.

“Y-Yes, he is in a small reunion with Seungri at the moment.” She said. Youngbae pouted, then nodded, letting out a sigh.

“I guess I will have to wait.” Youngbae muttered, then looked at her and smiled. “Are you going to the studio?”

“Studio?” She said, and Youngbae nodded, slightly narrowing his eyes.

“You’re too jumpy, I’m getting suspicious…” He said and she frowned, making him laugh again.

“Suspicious of what?” She said, and he shrugged, looking at her mischievously. Chaerin rolled her eyes and walked towards the elevator again. “Oh, please.”

“Is Jiyong at the studio?” Youngbae asked as he followed her. Chaerin nodded as she pressed the buttons of the elevator.

“I think, he was there when I left.”

“He’s there then.” Youngbae said and walked into the elevator. “I’m sorry, I think the “lady’s first” is bull. I think some ert invented it so he could take a good look at the women’s .” Chaerin chuckled and nodded as the elevator’s door closed.

“Right, I haven’t thought about it, but now that you say it, it does make sense.”

“Yes! I mean, think about it,” Youngbae spoke as he pressed the 3rd floor button. “If there was any danger, why would we, the handsome gentlemen, let the girls first? Isn’t that selfish?” Chaerin chuckled again and nodded.

“It is.”

“I’m sorry, I’m being awkward.” He said as he shook his head. Chaerin narrowed her eyes at him.

“What?”

“Nothing, anyways. Are you working with Ji already?” He said. Chaerin quickly nodded, but before she could answer, the elevator’s door opened at the 3rd floor. She stepped out, still smiling, and stopped just outside of the elevator. Jiyong was looking at her with dark, grim eyes, his hands deep on his pockets, his blonde hair hiding half of his face, as if he had just messed it with his hands.

“Youngbae, we have to leave.” Jiyong said as he looked at Chaerin darkly. She gulped down a mouthful of saliva as he stared at him, her eyes slightly wide as his eyes bore into her, making her freeze on her spot.

“Ji…”

“Now.” Jiyong growled and threw over his shoulder a bag that was on the floor. He continued to look at Chaerin until he walked past her. She turned slowly, only to see him walk in the darkest, fiercest way she had only seen once in her life, the first time she met him. It brought a chill through her spine that made her shiver, something about his fierce stares and the dark aura that surrounded his eyes made her shiver in fear. He was too strong, even for her, to handle.

The phone was ringing loudly somewhere on the studio, and he glared as he walked towards it, praying on his mind it was a simple mistake. But it wasn’t. The same private caller, a secured line calling him, as it always did whenever the sun set down. He let out a sigh as he took the phone, quickly answering it, otherwise, it would be horrible for him the next morning.

“The package has been delivered, you have 2 hours.” A man said and hung up. Jiyong his lips and nodded to no one as he put the phone inside of his pocket. He walked out of the studio, hurrying down the hallway as he reached the end of it, where a door was locked and off limits. He took out a key and opened it, walking harshly inside. It was an empty room, only a table and few chairs where inside of it. Its walls were painted in gray and the floor was carpeted in black. Old stains of blood could still be seen on it, stains no one could take away, stains that marked the terrible history of that dark, solitary and hidden room in the building.

On top of the table was a small package with an envelope on top of it. Jiyong walked towards it and grabbed it harshly, opening it in a hurry. Inside the package was a 9mm gun and a cellphone. He put the gun on his pants and hid it with his shirt as he looked at the cellphone. A simple android with just one number registered. He grabbed the enveloped and opened it, taking out the only paper inside. Another profile, a man no older than him, married, with children. He shook his head as he set the paper down and grabbed his lighter, setting the paper on fire.

“Kim family, you will have to forgive me.”

 


Gily's Notes: I'M BARELY ALIVE!

Lol! I am sorry! I AM SO SORRY!

I've been so... busy, so much has been happening lately, but I finally found the inspiration to write, let's see how long it lasts...

I have good and bad news for you guys who read my stories and are so awesome and amazing for sticking with my lame plots and weird grammar (xD)

I HAVE MY LICENSE! I can finally work! I will be looking for jobs this week, hopefully I can start soon! I am both excited and scared of it... I am no longer a teenager living a free life! Lol (I'm already 23, I don't know what's my issue!)

And that's also the bad news... since I will be working at a hospital for God knows how many hours, I don't think I will be able to update that much, it will be close to none, so I will try my hardest to finish this story before I get my "dream" job xD.

I am trully thankful for all of you who have stucked with me until this moment! Thank you and sorry!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥

 

I want to take a space to express my sincerest condolensces to every Ladie's Code fans in here, I am trully feeling your loss, it's terrible, it is too regretting. I have no words to express it, and to EunB's and RiSe's family, I pray to God that they will find the strenght in these dark times.

 

To my fellow VIP's, who had a hell of a heart attack when Seungri's news came out, let us stay strong, for these are terrible times in the K-Pop industry and the whole fans of the Hallyu wave. We all feel as one, and is in these exact times that we must forget our fandoms and unite as one world, one single world and pray and share our shoulders. We are not VIPS, or Blackjacks, or ELFs, or SHAWOLS or even Sones, Cassies, B2uties, we are all fans of K-Pop, and your loss, is my loss. My heart is filled with sorrow for that terrible loss, and I share your pain, and I give you my shoulder, for you to cry on and held onto it, we will get over this, we will be strong. Let us pray for Seungri's health, and let us pray for EunB's and RiSe's safe travel to Soraya (Heaven).

 

Semign caconi ro gua ma choreto! (May God gives love and blessings to all!)