Chapter 10

Because My Answer Is You

Chapter Ten – Taekwoon.

 

“Why did you practice so long last night? I told you we had a photo shoot today and then we have to plan our trip away later for the final Plan V diary episode. Your face is swollen and you have dark circles Leo-ah!”

I smiled at the eldest member and nodded. “I’m fine though.”

“He does look bright despite not sleeping,” Jaehwan beside me said after examining my features and I gave him a look before smiling again. I couldn’t bring myself to scold either of them.

They were both right after all.

After the moment with Ava winding down, we had parted, and I had spent a couple of hours just sitting in the music room not doing anything. By the time I had gotten home the sun was rising and I didn’t bother to get into bed, knowing my restless state would wake up the others I shared with. Instead I had lain on the couch in the living room, staring up at the ceiling and replayed the kiss scene over and over like it was a movie within my head.

When the other members were getting ready, I was still alert and carried myself around the dorm to join in with the morning tasks with a smile on my face. I guess they had every right to be concerned since I was acting off.

“MTV will be filming in the room later though,” Hakyeon groaned and then reached for me from his front seat in the van. I gave him a look and he scrunched his face up. “I guess makeup can hide it.”

“If makeup can work on your face hyung, I’m sure it will be more than fine on Taekwoon-hyung!” Wonshik laughed at his own statement and the attention jumped from me to him, thankfully.

Pulling out my phone, I looked at the time and then contemplated writing a message. It was the mid morning and I knew Ava would be at least awake by now. My thumbs hovered above the screen as I thought of what to say.

“Hakyeon, answer the call for me,” our manager Jinbae suddenly asked and the arguing stopped as everyone fell silent. The call connected on speaker and I forgot about my phone as I heard the familiar voice.

“How far away are you from the shoot site?” Ava asked and I smiled to myself as I looked out the window.

“We’re about twenty minutes away.”

“I’ve received a call on my way to work in regards to some issues that have occurred with the shoot, so I’ve just climbed off the train I was on and calling a taxi so I can head to the site in person. So I’ll see you there.”

“Noona! Where abouts are you?!” Sanghyuk called from the back seat and cried when the boys on either side hit him. “Aish!”

“Oh I’m on speaker?” She cleared a little and I could tell she must’ve been looking around herself. “Ahh, there’s a Starbucks and-”

“Do you know how many Starbucks there are in Seoul?!” Hakyeon mentioned with frustration and the inhabitants of the car chuckled.

“She makes her way around the city by coffee shops though,” Jaehwan stated with a grin. “Since she’s got to find a way to fuel us all the time, namely Taekwoon!”

“Very funny,” I said, feeling colour reaching my face all the same.

Ava listed of a few other shops and landmarks and finally our manager knew where she was. The phone call ended once we confirmed it would be quicker for us to pick her up now, and I felt my nerves rise within my stomach.

Although my mood was good, I had wondered how much of last night was real. The ten minute drive to fetch Ava was one that seemed to drag out and I gripped my phone in my hand, not knowing how to react. I needed to ensure I was calm so no one would figure out something was up between us. More importantly, I was looking forward to seeing her, and to verify that last night hadn’t made things awkward for us. I was also hoping she didn’t wake up with a new outlook on what had occurred.

When the van pulled over to the side of the road, I was so wound up that I didn’t know what to do. Hakyeon pulled down his window and I got a glimpse of the girl then.

“Wow!” he cried and I leant forward to see why he reacted this way.

“Have you all been good boys?” she called from outside and the car grew louder. Jaehwan slid open his door and Ava moved towards it holding two trays of smoothies. After handing a tray to the boy, she climbed into the vehicle and gave another tray to the boys behind me. “They’re all banana and strawberry; it was easier to get the same flavour so it would be made quicker.”

The door was shut and Ava shifted into the spot between Jaehwan and I, grabbing a drink for herself before smiling at me. I took a sip of my own as a smile played on my lips. My nerves instantly dispersed, though a new tension flared up within me as her body pressed into my side from the lack of room in the van.

I looked out the window and took a gulp of my drink, hoping to cool down. I had unlocked my desires last night, and hadn’t expected to find myself so physically dependent on fuelling them already. Jaehwan’s joke about my coffee love came back to my mind and I hurried to drink more of the fruit smoothie so I wouldn’t think any further on the feelings now flickering around my stomach.

I hoped that coffee would remain my only addiction.

 

 

Three hours into the photo shoot and it was obvious I had no concentration. My eyes had been slipping across the room whenever possible, and I had a new awareness of wherever Ava happened to be around me. This meant I needed more guidance in my posing and I was frustrating not only myself but the staff around me.

“Leo-goon, look up and to the left,” the photographer instructed and I obeyed, holding the pose before naturally changing angle. I had done enough photo shoots to know what was expected of me, but today my brain was not coming up with the next pose as quickly as it usually did. “Leo, change again.”

“I’m sorry,” I called and rested an elbow on my knee to support my head. I shifted around on the chair some more and was thankful to hear good comments coming towards me.

Finally this outfit shoot was done and I bowed to the staff before walking off the set. I noticed someone waiting for me and cringed. He folded his arms across his chest. “This is why I told you off earlier. It’s not like you to lack concentration.”

“I’m sorry, but I got there in the end.”

Hakyeon scrutinised my expression and I diverted my eyes under the heavy gaze. He finally let out a sigh. “Go have something to eat and drink, it might wake you up a little.”

I didn’t dare tell him I already felt too alert, simply nodding my head at him and then walking off to the changing area. I looked at my rack and sighed, I had four more outfits to do ahead of me. Going over to where Wonshik and Sanghyuk were eating, I looked at the food that was prepared for us.

“Oh hyung!” Wonshik nudged me. “Thanks for today.”

“Huh?” I picked up a piece of pear and chewed on it slowly.

“You being off game makes it easier on us,” the youngest mentioned and I groaned. “Why did you not sleep?”

“Yah, sometimes you just can’t.” We both looked at the rapper incredulously and he rubbed the back of his neck. “Yes even I sometimes struggle to sleep.”

“Do you think you’re not sleeping when you really are? I’ve never met someone who can sleep as easily as you do!” Sanghyuk retorted and laughed loudly.

“I’m not that bad today,” I announced and picked up another piece of fruit. “I’m just a bit slow.”

Wonshik nodded and patted me on my shoulder before walking off. “Well hyung hasn’t scolded us once, so whatever you’re doing, keep it up.”

I gave the pair a look before hearing my name being called again, turning to see Ava walking across to me. I quickly shoved my hands deeps in my pockets, feeling my heart beat a little faster. This is ridiculous, I thought to myself and pulled my hands back out, hoping to appear more relaxed than I felt.

“Are you okay?” she asked and I nodded a little too quickly. Closing my eyes, I then reopened them and nodded once. Ava was amused. “I’ve had N at me about you not sleeping. Did you really not go home last night?”

“I did, I just didn’t go into the bedroom because I was restless.”

“Ah.” She smiled, a tinge of rose colouring her cheeks. Ava stepped closer and I swallowed roughly. “It took me forever to sleep.”

“Why?”

She gave me a knowing look. “I might be better at covering up how I’m feeling right now, but we both are the same Taekwoon.”

“Are we really?” I asked honestly and Ava seemed a little stumped. She nodded once, her cheeks growing darker. I smiled, liking the affect I was having.

“You should be better at keeping professional,” she scolded lightly, poking me in the chest. It took me everything not to react back. “You’re the idol.”

“I’m not used to this though,” I admitted and her expression softened.

“I hate how straight-forward you can be.”

“Isn’t it better that way?” I wondered and she sighed. Nodding again, Ava turned to the food. “What?”

“You better go get changed into your next outfits.”

“Why? I haven’t been called yet.”

Ava glanced up at me briefly and then back down at the food. “Don’t worry.”

“I want to know!” I forgot about my awkward tension and stepped closer to her, the girl shifting aside. I smirked and followed her.

“Taekwoon!”

“Tell me why and then I’ll leave you alone,” I insisted and she gave me a look before glancing around the area. We were for the most part alone, and this seemed to satisfy the brunette.

She stretched up towards my ear and I lowered my head as she placed a hand on my shoulder to steady her balance. “You look nice.”

“Is that really it?” I asked her as she pulled away, her face still flushed. Ava pouted and folded her arms across her chest, looking away again.

“Yeah well, plaid is a weakness of mine.”

I smirked and nodded happily. “I’ll have to remember that.”

Her eyes snapped up to meet with mine and grew brighter. “Oh really?”

I nodded.

“Don’t get too comfortable, I already know one of your biggest weaknesses.” It was her turn to look pleased with herself and I frowned. It was obvious we both had skipped the initial getting to know each other, since we were already close with each other, but I was still enjoying the new element to our connection. This didn’t mean we knew everything though, and I racked my brain hard to figure what she meant.

I couldn’t decipher and gave in. “What?”

“Me,” she said confidently and then giggled. “But don’t worry; I’ll keep your little secret.”

I was stunned, and barely was able to carry myself towards the stylist team from the girl when I was called away.

I guess I had a lot more to learn about Ava now.

_________________________

Author's Notes....
Gosh, they're getting pretty cute together already! I love how Hakyeon is scolding him, but the others are thanking Taekwoon for being so distracted. I guess after those kisses the night beforehand, who could blame him! The banter with Ava was interesting... I think their relationship will be one that holds a lot of tension for many reasons!

Replies...
lakikiwakiki;
Thank you... oozing is a great word to describe that scene!
Maggie; HAHAHA I love your comments hun. Ottokaji, hahah! Yes, I think we'd all try to talk ourselves out of it... or at least, I would too! I LOVE that you said you felt like you were there, experiencing it... I feel like that too in that scene more than some of the others... it's so impacting, I feel it brings the reader right there to that studio step. I'm sure Taekwoon had definitely thought if the opportunity to kiss Ava came, to take it... you're right, he's a calculated person. Though I find with his feelings for Ava, he definitely becomes more reckless... I guess the following chapters will show that well! Life's good, just super busy but I also hope you're well! See you for the updates next week! Xxx