IDNAM 5

I Don't Need A Man.

“Daddy, what are we doing?”

Sehun looks over to his eldest daughter, who is staring back at him. It’s only 4 yet they’re already waiting for the youngest and she will only end school about an hour later. He’s leaning against his car and his daughters are sitting on his car, kicking their legs. Sehun also realizes Sojin is expecting an answer and god knows how smart she is, he probably shouldn’t lie at all. But is it too soon to tell the kids about his crush for Luhan? What if they’re not ready?

“Dad…”

Sehun clears his throat. “I don’t want to lie.”

Sora shakes her head, her pigtails bouncing in every direction. “You shouldn’t.”

“Okay,” Sehun says cautiously. “We’re here because we’re waiting for you sister… and her teacher.”

Sojin groans. “Then why can’t we come at 5? I have homework.”

“I’ll help you with your homework!” Sehun promises. “I’ll do your homework, please, Sojin, this is important to me.”

“You can always drop us at home and ask Yixing to babysit us. I don’t know why we’re here.”

The man sighs. “I want you two to meet him. I want him to meet you and Sora. Sora, you don’t mind being here, right?” Sehun asks and Sora shakes her head immediately. He smiles and the second daughter smiles too. “Just for ten minutes? I need you guys to help me so I can get him to say yes and I’ll send everyone home right after that. The moment he says yes—“

“What if he doesn’t?” Sora asks and Sehun’s shoulders slump.

“You have no faith in me at all?” The man pouts.

Sojin shrugs. “It’s a Monday and you’re planning to ask him to go on a picnic with you? Not your best idea, daddy.”

Sehun frowns, but now that he thinks of it, it really isn’t the smartest thing to do. He probably should’ve thought about it before making a rash decision to ring Kyungsoo up and asking him to prepare a picnic basket for him. He even called Jongin to fill in for him for an hour at his office.

Sehun shakes his head. Oh, it’s really not a good idea at all.

“But you’re a good guy,” Sojin states, swinging her legs, “I’m sure he will—“

“HE WILL?” Sehun sounds a little too excited.

“—politely ask you to postpone it to another day,”

“Oh.”

Nonetheless, the three Oh’s still wait for the school bell to ring. When it does, Sehun is so close to falling asleep and his daughters are yawning with mouths wide open. The sound of kids screaming wake them up though, and Sehun turns around to pick his kids up and puts them on the ground again.

“Kay, guys, this is it, remember what we practiced,” Sehun says and drags his children across the road.

“Wait, what did we practice?!” Sojin asks incredulously.

But before the girl could get her answer, she sees her baby sister walking towards them and her baby sister is clinging tightly onto a beautiful man. Sojin grins. So that’s who her father is attracted to.

“Hi—“

Sojin cuts Sehun off. “Hello there, beautiful human being.”

Luhan is surprised at first but he then smiles down at her. “Hello, little one.”

The girl holds her hand out and Luhan grabs it with a chuckle. “I’m Sojin, what’s your name?”

“Luhan,” he answers, not able to keep his smile in. Sehun on the other hand is just gawking at the situation. His daughter is doing better than he ever will be. “Here to pick your sister up too?”

She shakes her head. “Daddy needs our help to ask you out,” Sojin answers bluntly and Sehun fakes a few cough. “His plan is dumb but please say yes, he really likes you.”

“OKAY,” Sehun says rather loudly and pulls Sojin back, his hand slapped across . “I’m sorry if this is too sudden,” he manages to say without looking at Luhan while Sojin struggles in his hold, “I-I wanted to ask you out b-but I guess you’re too busy—“

“Have you tried asking?”

“What?” Sehun looks up to meet Luhan’s eyes, “W-well, no.”

Luhan smiles. “So, ask.”

“I-I, uhm,” Sehun stutters, unsure of what to do. Soyeon walks over to him and tugs on his pants, motioning him to do what her teacher is asking him to do. “Luhan…”

“Yes?” the other answers with a bright smile.

“D-do you want to go on a date with me? Right now. A picnic.”

Luhan’s head tilts to a side, his lips forming a thin line. “A picnic? On a Monday?”

“Yes.”

“I don’t know, Sehun… I mean, I have papers to—“

Sehun pushes his kids to the front, presenting them to Luhan. “I have three daughters.” Luhan stares at them and they stare back. Just then, Sehun whispers, “Puppy dog face.” No one can say no to his daughters’ puppy dog face.

The only one who does it is Soyeon while Sojin rolls her eyes and Sora stands there, confused. Luhan laughs at the sight and looks back up to Sehun. “They’re really cute.”

“Yes, they are,” Sehun nods, a little too serious. “And I assure you that you get to see them more often if you date me a-and they seem to like you, I’m sure all of us can get along well and we can be a big happy family, please say yes?”

Sehun notices that he’s blabbering and the last time he does this is when he asked Soojung to marry him. Damn this bad habit of his but he really can’t help it. He just hopes Luhan thinks this side of him is cute too.

“You’re cute,” Luhan giggles. SCORE “But I really can’t go out with you today, I have things to do.”

“Oh, okay,” Sehun sighs, feeling down all of the sudden.

“Teacher,” Soyeon calls in a soft voice, she’s pouting and Luhan looks at her apologetically.

“But,” Luhan speaks again, “If you’re not busy this Friday—“

“I’M NOT,” he might have promised Jongin to go get a drink with him but screw that, “I’M NOT BUSY AT ALL. I’M SO FREE, SO FREE AND SINGLE.”

Luhan laughs, almost toppling over as he wipes his tears away. “Okay, Sehun, I get it.”

It’s been long since Sehun this nervous and he’s acting weird but he could care less about it now. Luhan agreed to go out with him, which means he’s giving Sehun a chance and Sehun isn’t going to throw this chance away.

Sora and Soyeon run to Luhan and hug his legs, which causes him to laugh again. His hands are ruffling their hair and he tries not to fall because they are really clinging onto him. Sojin smiles at her sisters and Luhan. When Luhan finally looks up to her, she mouths a small, “Thank you.” and Luhan nods back at her.

 

 

 

It’s 8 at night when Jongin comes knocking at Sehun’s front door. The owner of the apartment swings the door open and greets his best friend with a bright smile.

“I expect a good reason,” Jongin says as he stomps his way in. He’s actually in a business suit, only because he had to fill in for Sehun and he wants Sehun’s employees to treat him seriously. Jongin really hates wearing a tie.

“Actually, it’s a great reason because guess who has a date this Friday?”

Jongin eyes widen and Sehun grins at him. Instead of a hug, Sehun receives a punch on his chest instead. “What the , Jongin!” he exclaims as he stumbles back a few steps.

“YOU CANCELLED OUR DATE FOR LUHAN? MAN I THOUGHT WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIAL.”

“Don’t be a drama queen, Jongin, of course we’re special,” Sehun says, “but I can’t say no to Luhan!”

“Yes you can!” Jongin yells. “You pick up your phone and you call him right now!”

“I—“ Sehun pauses and his eyebrows furrow at that thought. “GOD DAMN IT I DON’T HAVE HIS NUMBER STILL.”

Jongin sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Oh my god, I’m friends with a .”

 

 

 

“We’re gathered here today,” Jongin raises his glass of orange juice, “to celebrate how dumb Oh Sehun is.”

“Hey!”

“But most importantly, he’s finally getting laid,” Jongin finishes his speech and Yixing claps loudly while Sehun sighs into his hands.

Sora tugs on Sehun’s sleeve and Sehun slowly turn his head to her. “Daddy, what’s getting laid?”

Sehun chokes and the other two adults laugh at his reaction, in which he glares in response. “It just means I’m going to have fun, baby.”

“Oh,” Sora nods with a smile and continues to sip her juice.

Smirking, Jongin throws an arm around Yixing’s neck and surprisingly, Yixing isn’t even uncomfortable with it. He puts his arm around Jongin’s neck too and raises his glass at Sehun. “To you, Mr. Oh.”

“Thanks guys,” Sehun smiles anyways, putting his arms around his two daughters who are sitting beside him. “You guys really are the best.”

“Yeah, well, best enough for you to ditch—“

“Eh, I thought we’re over this,” Sehun cuts in.

“Eh, we are,” Jongin smiles, resting his head against Yixing’s head, who doesn’t mind at all. “But I like teasing you.”

“You deserve the date, Mr. Oh. After all you’ve been through!”

Sojin laughs. “You should have seen how daddy asked Luhan. I—I j-j-just w-wanted to—“

“Hey, stop it!” Sehun grumbles. “I did not stutter that much.”

“Uhh, yes you did?” Sojin replies. “Whatever, daddy, you didn’t even ask for his number.”

Sehun wants to cry so badly. “Don’t remind me.”

“But it’s fine, daddy. You can come pick us up after school and you can drop me home!” Soyeon tells Sehun and Sehun leans in to peck her fluffy cheeks.

“That’s my girl.”

“So, what do you plan to do?” Jongin asks suddenly and everyone turns to him.

Sehun clears his throat. “Well… I… don’t know yet.”

Jongin narrows his eyes at Sehun. “You’re useless.”

“That’s why I have you guys! You will help me, right? …right?”

Sehun looks from Soyeon to Yixing, no one is answering him. “I’m sorry, Mr. Oh,” Yixing says finally. “But you have to think of this yourself, it’s your date and I think Luhan will like it better if you actually plan it yourself.”

“Agree~” all of them say in unison.

Sehun sighs and picks up his phone to scroll thru the web, hoping he’d get some ideas. “Oh man, I’m screwed.”

 

 

 

<3 I know it's been two weeks, forgive me as I had online quizzes and assignments to do, I didn't know this semester would be so tough TnT Bear with me as I try to figure out how to squeeze in some writing time and hopefully post another chapter soon. Thank you for the comments, votes and patience!