How are you?

How are you doing?

I’m currently here all alone in my apartment. I can’t go out since it’s raining very hard so all I can do right now is to look out the window and watch the heavy raindrops.

“Hyejung!”

I sighed as I suddenly pictured him calling my name out in the rain; when he was chasing after me and we were so happy playing in the middle of the rain even though we look like some kind of retards since we were already too old for it.

That’s the past.

 

As if on cue, my eyes widen as I saw him walking down the streets. I found myself being brought to him by my feet. I stared at him and he stared at me.

“Hyejung-ah.” he whispered.

I could feel my heart beating more and more wildly each second that pass and I feel the cold rain on my skin.

He really is here- standing right in front of me.

“How are you?” Taemin asked in a low voice.

There was a sudden pang of pain that hit me.

A simple ‘How are you?’ can hurt if the one who is asking was the one saying I love you to you before.

“Oppa!” someone suddenly shouted and both of us looked to where the voice came from. It was a pretty girl holding a pink umbrella and she went to Taemin.

I’m not stupid to not know who she is so I run from them.

“Hyejung!” I heard Taemin shouting my name but I didn’t dare to look back as I felt my tears pouring.

“Hyejung!” he called me again.

This time, I gulped as I looked back and slightly went closer to him.

The girl pulled him by the wrist and made him face her.

“Who is she?” she frowned.

Taemin cupped her face in his hands. “Don’t bother Suzy. She’s... just a part of the past.”

Yes. I know that I don’t have the right to be hurt since I’m just a part of your past.

The girl named Suzy nodded. “I’m just going to wait for you inside the car, oppa.” She said and went inside the car.

Taemin stared at me while I cried and I ended up bursting into tears.

“Hyejung-ah.” He said softly and tried to hug me but before he could even touch me, I pushed him away.

“Let’s pretend like we don’t know each other.” I said and walked away again.

“How can I pretend to not know you? It’s like I’m trying to remember someone I don’t really know.”

“When you broke up with me, you already put an end in everything between the two of us. Don’t act like you’re hurt. It’s not me who left you 5 years ago. It’s you who left me, Lee Taemin! It was you!” I began to cry even more.

“You know that I love you, Hyejung. My parents just don’t want to agree in our relationship. If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t have to break up with you. I wouldn’t have to go to Japan. Mianheyo.” He looked down.

“It’s already done. I’ve lived 5 years of my life without you. I learned to smile and laugh without you though it’s hard. Sometimes I cry but I do my best to remain strong. Why? It’s because even though I cry a thousand tears, those tears wouldn’t bring you back to me. So go now, Taemin.” I said weakly and Taemin just stared blankly at me.

“But Hyejung-” he tried to reason out but I cut him off.

“I said go!” I shouted and Taemin has no other choice but to leave and enter his car.

Taemin’s car slowly drove away and I was brought down to my knees, the heavy rain pouring on me, and I just cried there, watching in vain.

He won’t ever be back again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~