Sasaeng in the corner

Sasaeng in the corner

There was someone in the corner of my room last night; before and while I slept.

I’d squeeze my eyes shut and she’d still be there,

No face I can see; but a silhouette.

I look to the window and she’d leave the corner; I’d look back and she’d be in front of me.

I cover my face and turn away; pretend that I saw nothing.

I fall asleep once more, feeling as if nothing had happened; till a few hours later when I feel something tickle my feet.

I look to the edge of the bed but see nothing out of the ordinary; then look up an inch and see her in the mirror, a grin across her face.

When I look behind me she’s gone once more, leaving me alone to the shadows.

I try to sleep but am interrupted by a tapping at the window; there she is grinning again but at least I am rest assured, for I know that she is outside for now and cannot bother me any longer.

I close the curtain and shake my head; there can’t be anything there. I could barely see anything in the dark, but could just imagine her stare.

There was someone in my bed last night; I hadn’t noticed before, until she asked for me to kindly turn out the light.

I jumped out of my bed last night and backed against the wall, she could send chills to the very bone and she wasn’t even that tall.

I jumped off the balcony from my room, into the busy street; the last thing I remember that night was her giggling face, before she jumped down after me.