Aftermath

I -Adore- Despise You (Rebooted Ver.)

Infinite – Amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApX0I357csg

------

BooHyun gave an exasperated sigh as he listened to his mother raving during breakfast about the latest news from last night: WooHyun arriving with Kim YoonHye to the venue. He knew of course that YoonHye had personally asked WooHyun to be his date for the party because he was a charming pretty boy that charmed the country and she had fallen for his charms when they met at another party.

“That boy really needs to be grounded down!” Mrs. Nam commented. “He needs someone to discipline him.”

“Umma, YoonHye was just WooHyun’s date for the party! They’re not dating!” BooHyun retorted.

“Ha! You know why they’re jumping at this news?” his mother asked him. “It’s because he’s had too many girls before. He’s not even Jo InSung and girls are falling at his feet!” BooHyun face palmed at the last part.

“Yeobo, we really need to do something about WooHyun. Our whole family’s being disgraced,” Mrs. Nam continued.

“Don’t exaggerate. Our family image is not tainted as badly as you think,” Senator Nam finally replied.

“But WooHyun is getting way too out of hand! Just a couple of nights ago, it was that girl!” Mrs. Nam complained as a maid refilled her cup with coffee. She took a sip before asking, “BooHyun-ah, what’s her name? Nini? Nina? Nino?”

“Umma, I think you should stop drinking coffee. You’re becoming hyper,” BooHyun groaned. “And it’s Nana!”

Mrs. Nam rolled her eyes. “As if there’s a huge difference. Yeobo, what about WooHyun?” Her tone became serious. “He’s already twenty three and he still looks like he’s roaming around looking for a purpose to live.”

The whole table became silent for a moment before Mrs. Nam spoke up softly, “We’ve left him alone for too long. We’ve practically neglected him. It’s time we act as we are supposed to. We’re his pa-“

She was cut off by Senator Nam clanging down his spoon on the bowl to stop her from talking. He gave his wife a warning glare before scanning the numerous maids and bodyguards watching over them. He said softly, “I think it’s time WooHyun got married.”

Mrs. Nam and BooHyun exclaimed in unison, “WHAT?!”

“If we give him a responsibility, he might straighten out his life,” he explained calmly. “A wife might set him on the right track.”

“But, appa, I don’t think WooHyun will agree,” BooHyun replied, shaking his head. “Plus, I don’t think that’s going to work.”

“He will. I will speak to him personally; tell him to come tonight,” the older male said firmly. “He was going to have to get married sooner or later anyway.

Mrs. Nam considered her husband’s suggestion for a moment before saying, “Alright. Should I call our family’s matchmaker? She matched BooHyun up pretty well. Look at him, head over heels for Iya.” She smiled widely at her son who was blushing and grinning.

“No, I think I know the right person,” Senator Nam claimed.

------

SooJi sipped her orange juice as she looked through the Internet articles (hundreds had been published by noon) about the previous night’s party on her bed.

Celebrities gather for Elite’s 15th Anniversary Party

Girls’ Generation, After School, Song Hye Kyo, Nam WooHyun, Han SooJi and more gather for the 15th anniversary of high fashion brand Elite

Idols, actresses and models celebrate Elite’s 15th anniversary

Han SooJi attracts attention in Elite’s 15th anniversary party

She gave a slight smirk at the last headline and shook her head. She even chose the simplest dress that the designer had offered her. She could just imagine how her anti-fans must be itching to curse her out in the comments section and how her sister’s blood was probably boiling. Great, more reason for SooJin to hate me, she thought bitterly as she continued to scroll down the page.

An article title caught her eye as she saw a slightly familiar name.

Model Nam WooHyun attending Elite’s 15th Anniversary Celebration with actress Kim YoonHye

She remembered that Mrs. Nam had called him “my nephew”, which meant that her childhood friend, BooHyun, was his cousin. However, due to her lack of focus on the show, she was not able to see his face (hence her surprise when Mrs. Nam called her out). Curious, she clicked on the link and stared at the picture of the model and the actress. She knew who Kim YoonHye was but her eyes widened as they landed on the photo of the man beside her. That’s Nam WooHyun?

She recalled him as the man who was flirting, ahem, chitchatting with her sister at the refreshment table before being swallowed by a group of attractive women.  So does that mean he abandoned his date? She wondered. She couldn’t imagine how embarrassed how the poor girl must have been.

But SooJi was more disturbed by the fact that this man had been talking to her sister. He seemed to be famous with the women; that much was obvious in the party. Intrigued, she searched for information on him on the Internet.

The first few results were his profiles on various sites but the ones that followed it were mostly about his escapades with women who were mostly celebrities. It seemed that he was linked with multiple models, idols and actresses. SooJi was repulsed at the idea of her younger sister being added to that list of women that Nam WooHyun has been linked to. Immediately, she jumped off her bed and strode to SooJin’s room.

She knocked on the door and waited for SooJin to open it. There was no response for a few seconds before SooJin called out, “Who is it?”

“It’s me, SooJi,” SooJi answered.

“I’m busy,” SooJin replied without missing a beat.

SooJi bit her lip. “Please open the door. I need to talk to you.” She waited and desperately wished that her sister would open the door. Her prayers were answered when the door creaked open and SooJin peeked through the small opening. “What do you want?”

“About last night,” SooJi started and gulped when SooJin’s eyes narrowed. “I saw you talking to that guy, Nam WooHyun.”

“I don’t think that’s really any of your business,” SooJin snapped before moving to close the door. SooJi held her hand out and stopped the door.

“Don’t get involved with that guy,” SooJi warned. “I’m telling you, SooJi, don’t.”

SooJin gave an annoyed sigh and said, “Don’t you have anything better to do than tell me who to talk to?”

SooJi’s eyes widened and breathed, “What? I’m just-“

“I’m pretty sure that being a Political Science major at Korea University is a pretty tough task,” SooJin bitingly commented. “I guess being so smart allows you to finish everything easily. But since I’m not as smart as you, I need to put a lot more effort. So if you’ll excuse me, I have better things to do than listen to you order me around.”

SooJi dropped her hands as SooJin snapped the door shut. SooJin’s words stung and she couldn’t even say anything to clarify her intention. She didn’t even understand how their relationship turned from loving sisters to cold strangers. She gloomily trudged back to her room and closed the door. As she did, a sudden, horrifying thought entered her mind. She grabbed her planner and saw the list of reports and research papers she needed to complete for her Monday classes. She groaned. This is going to be a long day.

Before she could start working, however, there was a knock on her door. “Come in!” she yelled.

A maid entered and bowed. “Miss, your father wants to see you. He’s waiting in his study.”