The Playboy Son

I -Adore- Despise You (Rebooted Ver.)

F.T. Island – Paper Planes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIj8MLFHzmw

------

WooHyun’s eyes opened to see sunlight streaming through the curtains into his penthouse. Living alone, waking up always seemed to be dreary and lonely to WooHyun. Running through his hand through his hair, he dragged himself to the bathroom to get ready for a day at work. He picked his clothes himself, prepared his own breakfast and said goodbye to no one in particular.

At work, he was greeted by bows and whispers from the employees of Elite, his family’s fashion company. He smirked at them and bowed towards his superiors. Stepping into the elevator, he was met with a familiar face. “WooHyun-ah!”

“Hyung!” WooHyun grinned to see his brother, BooHyun. BooHyun clapped WooHyun on the shoulder and said, “How’s that project going?”

“Ah, you mean the ads for this month?” WooHyun winked. “It’s going well, of course.”

“That’s great. Just don’t make the ladies drool too much.” BooHyun smiled. “Let’s have dinner later.”

“Call!” WooHyun agreed. The elevator dinged and the doors spread apart. “I gotta go now. See you later!”

As the doors closed, BooHyun called out, “I’m taking mom and dad!” WooHyun froze in his steps. He turned to protest but the elevator had already moved on. He was left standing there, cursing his beloved brother.

------

“Move to the left, Nana-ssi!” the photographer called out. “Put your hand on her waist, WooHyun-ssi!”

WooHyun stared charismatically at the camera with his hand on Nana’s waist while Uee curled her fingers around his arm. They switched poses until the photographer had taken his fill and stated that the pictures were good. Then WooHyun extricated himself from the girls of After School who couldn’t keep their eyes off of him. He gave them a smile that closely resembled a smirk.

Before WooHyun could even move a meter away from them, Nana came running over with her phone in her hand, a flirtatious smile and a request for a photo. I knew it, WooHyun silently said to himself.

“Sure,” WooHyun agreed. He placed a hand on Nana’s shoulder and smiled at the screen. Nana took around six photos before finally pulling her phone down and thanking WooHyun. Before WooHyun could once again try to leave, Nana asked him for his phone number. WooHyun smirked before grabbing her phone and typing. He coolly walked away, but not before getting a glance at her surprised expression.

In his Elite’s dressing room, he received a message from his brother reminding him of their dinner. After reading it, he gave a large sigh. He contemplated calling his brother and cancelling. But even then, he knew that meeting his parents would be inevitable. He stood up and, with a heavy heart, left the studio.

Minutes later, he arrived at the restaurant BooHyun had texted him. Looking from outside, he could see his family laughing over something that BooHyun said. He gathered up his courage and fortified the wall around his heart. Upon entering the restaurant, BooHyun immediately caught sight of him and waved. He grinned and walked but his legs felt like they were made of lead.

“Good evening,” he greeted them. “Uncle. Auntie. Hyung.”

Senator Nam gave him a small smile while Mrs. Nam (A/N: I know that in Korea, women do not change their last name after marriage. I just used the husband’s last name to avoid confusion) stood up to give him a stiff hug. BooHyun clapped him on the back and dinner began.

“How’s work, WooHyun?” Senator Nam asked.

“It’s going well, uncle,” WooHyun replied, with only a small piece of his earlier confidence remaining.

Mrs. Nam shot him an annoyed look. “WooHyun, what are these rumors circulating again?” she asked him, a hint of disgust in her voice.

“Sorry?” WooHyun looked up from his meal.

“There are pictures of you and Nana, the female idol, spreading on the Internet,” BooHyun nervously explained, his eyes moving back and forth between WooHyun and his parents.

“Again?!” Senator Nam thundered. “Just who are you dating?!”

“I’m not dating anyone, uncle!” WooHyun protested.

“What are you saying? Last week there were rumors that your girlfriend was Park ShinHye; the week before that, it Park JiYeon,” Mrs. Nam cut in. “Last month it was SoYu! Until when are you going to continue this behavior?”

“Auntie, those are just people I’ve worked with.” WooHyun calmly replied.

“There were pictures of you and Park ShinHye out on a date!” Mrs. Nam screeched and for a moment WooHyun was thankful that the restaurant was empty.

“Umma, calm down! WooHyun and JiYeon were just on a friendly outing.” BooHyun tried to appease his mother.

“WooHyun, I would greatly appreciate it if you could stop interacting with these women so much,” Senator Nam calmly spoke up. “It’s bad for our family’s image. Even if you’re not officially our son, you should still uphold our family’s honor.”

There was a pause until WooHyun spoke, “I’ll do my best.”

Mrs. Nam glared at him, looking as if a vein would burst on her forehead, before beginning to tell her husband about BooHyun’s half-American fiancé, Iya Park. She boasted about Iya’s upcoming transfer to John Hopkins Hospital. Fed up, WooHyun said, “Please excuse me. Thank you for the dinner.” He stood up and left the restaurant.

As he was driving home, WooHyun recalled the moments throughout his life when he wasn’t acknowledged by his parents. Even the dinner that he had been secretly excited for turned awry. Enraged, he slammed his hand on the steering wheel and sped up.

Welcomed by an empty house, WooHyun slumped onto his bed without bothering to change his clothes. He realized that today seemed to be the most tiring day in a very long time. He remembered the way his mother scolded him and his father’s slightly indifferent face. They only ever noticed him when he was doing bad things. The things he did well were never good enough to be noticed. I guess that’s why they can’t admit I’m their kid, he thought. With those lonely thoughts and a dark and silent home, he fell asleep.

------

A/N: Just for the record, I love Nana, UEE, the rest of After School, Park ShinHye, T-ara's JiYeon and SoYu! No hate! Hope you like this next chap!

~krystalline14