The Day

His Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The surgery will be in 15 minutes."


After the nurse announced us, Mr Kim held Kai's hand for a long time while whispering everything a father needed to say to his son. He kept saying "I'm sorry", "I love you", and "You can do this". Once in a while, I saw he shed some tears but quickly wiped it. Sehun and my dad was there too. They believe that this is the time when I really need someone to lay on, and that's my family. After all the supporting words, it's finally the time. I breathed in deeply, trying to calm myself which seemed almost impossible. 


Three minutes before Kai entered the OR, he called me.


"I'm not going to say goodbye, you know?" I held his hand gently, then lay a soft kiss on it.
Kai smiled weakly at me. "I know."
"Scared?" 
"Not at all. Weird, isn't it?" He closed his eyes for a while, then said, "I.. I thought it would be scary, but I feel at ease now. I don't know why."
"You'll be alright." I said, trying to sound as calm as possible. "I'll wait for you."
He smiled once again before he kissed me slowly, letting me to taste his cold lips. "I love you." He whispered.


Kai has entered the OR.
Every second, every minute and hour that passed felt like forever. My dad who sat next to me never let go of my hand, giving me all the support he could. After five hours of depressing situation passed, Dr Jun Myeon came out of the room.
He gave us a tired smile, and I felt unexplainable reliev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter