Waking Up

Lamia

The next morning both wizards woke up like usual, they went on with their normal morning routine as if they didn’t have an injured person in the extra bedroom. Halfway into their breakfast a loud thud was heard along with moans and whimpers; looking up at the ceiling Jaebum sighed and stared heading upstairs to see the injured man. No bothering to knock Jaebum entered the room while mentally preparing himself for the bombard of questions and screams and who knows what else. Instead what greeted him behind the door was a tangled body on the floor that was slightly shaking.

“You okay?”

Said Jaebum slowly, afraid to startle the person on the floor, but instead he did just that. The body that had been shaking before stiffened and slowly turned over to see who had spoken. Teary red eyes greeted Jaebum and the wizard felt his heartstrings give a tug. Jaebum was entranced by the body that was sprawled out on the floor, the soft looking honey shoulder, the nice plump thigh, and the pouty lips. A whimper finally snapped Jaebum out of his trance as he hurriedly went over to help the boy up. Sliding his hands under boy’s knees and head Jaebum carried the boy back onto the bed.

“W-where am I?”

Asked the most angelic voice Jaebum had ever heard. Shaking his head as if to clear his thought the wizard answered.

“In my spare bedroom, I found you in front of my house bleeding out and nearly dead. I patch up most of your wounds but the arrow that was sticking out of you really did a number on you. I suggest you don’t move too much or you’ll reopen your wound.”

Nodding the boy sank deeper into the covers and suddenly started blushing.

“Uh, do you have any spare clothes?”

Jaebum almost didn’t hear him, he only heard the last part.

“Yugyeom is around your size maybe his clothes will fit you.”

The boy didn’t know who Yugyeom was but he agreed anyway.

Walking down the stairs Jaebum almost smacks into Yugyeom. The young wizard had been eavesdropping on the elder’s conversation. Raising an eyebrow Jaebum continued walking to the kitchen while murmuring about rude teens.

“Ne hyung, are you really going to give him my clothes? What is he? Why was he outside? How long is going to stay?”

“Yes I’m giving him your clothes, is there a problem?”

“N-no, it’s just… I’m too tall?”

Snorting Jaebum ruffled the teen’s hair.

“All you had to say was you didn’t want to share your clothes.”

“It’s not that hyung. It’s just, I don’t know. I have a bad feeling about him.”

“That good sign you know. It tells me that your sensing skills are improving. It’s normal to feel cautious of werewolves.”

“Were-werewolves?”

“Yes, werewolves. Being able to detect supernatural beings is a common ability that wizards have; it’s like a safe mechanism that makes the hair on the back of our neck stand. Quite useful actually; it got me out of many close encounters with some nasty vampires.”

“The guy you helped out is a werewolf?!”

“Yeah.”

“Yeah?! Yeah?! Why aren’t you panicking? Cant that thing kill us?!”

Breathing deeply Jaebum took a moment to collect himself before slapping the back of Yugyeom’s head.

“Calm down. He’s wounded and still quite young, he doesn’t look like he’s in a pack.”

“How can you tell?”

“Well, first of all he was alone. If he was in a pack they would never leave him alone, they stick together. Second, he was in these parts. If he really was in a pack he wouldn’t be this close to the village.”

Still a little unsure Yugyeom pursed his lips and went back to eating. A couple of minutes went by until Yugyeom broke the silence.

“Uh, hyung? A-about today… I was wondering if I could, you know, go… go out?”

“Definitely not.”

“But why hyung?! I haven’t gone out all week. Please can I go?”

“I know you’ve been here all week, so have I. I already said no, in case you didn’t notice there is a wounded werewolf in our house! How do you reckon he got like that, huh?! I can tell you this now; he is much more powerful then you right now, yet a hunter would have killed him if he hadn’t stumbled into my force field! If a werewolf who is made to fight can’t handle a hunter I don’t think a weak wizard like you can have a chance of survival!”

No bothering to wait for Yugyeom’s response Jaebum went up the stairs towards his room to get the extra clothes for the wolf. Before entering his room Jaebum gave Yugyeom a last warning.

“I’m serious Yugyeom! Don’t you dare go outside, that hunter is coming back so go to your room and stay there!”

Inside his room Jaebum looked around for spare clothes, in the midst of searching he hears a door slam. Ignoring it completely Jeabum folds the clothes he found and heads for the spare bedroom. Still not bothering to knock Jaebum goes right in; what greats him is two perfect globes of soft looking flesh. The werewolf had been standing by the window looking at the moon longingly not moving a muscle as if in a trance. Jaebum is frozen on his spot yet again as he rakes his eye up the back of the wolf. The body is empty of scars except for the newly acquired ones and looks soft to the touch. Jaebum clenches his hand when he realized that he had unconsciously drifted towards the body. Clearing his throat the wizard waits for the other male to acknowledge him. Still in his trance the wolf doesn’t even flinch when Jaebum gets the courage to shake his shoulder.

“Kid, kid, snap out of it”                         

Jaebum was starting to worry; the wolf wasn’t responding even when he turned him around and shook him like a rag doll. When the wizard had healed the boy he hadn’t been very thorough and only healed that major wounds. Jaebum hadn’t bothered to give the wolf a full examination and he was kind of regretting it now. What if the hunter had knocked some screw lose in the wolf’s mind? While Jaebum’s mind was racing with reasons of what could be wrong the wolf still cranked his head towards the window to look at the moon.

 “Turn into your wolf form!”

The moment the words left Jaebum’s mouth the younger male snapped out of his trance and abruptly turned into a wolf.

Jaebum had seen a pack of werewolves before and had noticed that although they resembled normal wolves a lot they were much larger. Werewolves tended to have large everything, especially the alpha which was usually the largest of the pack. Compared to back then where the alpha had towered over Jaebum the one standing before him barely reached his waist. Granted Jaebum figured his memory was slipping since he had been a little kid at that time so everything was taller than him. Although seeing a wolf this up close made Jaebum nervous and his hands crack with magic just in case the wolf charged. Yet the wolf did nothing, just stared at Jaebum. No wanting to let his guard down Jaebum started to back up but stopped immediately when the wolf growled and bared its teeth. The wolf’s eyes glowed even in the dark with such a strong emotion that Jaebum couldn’t place. The wolf then stalked forward until he was nearly touching Jaebum’s hand with its snout. The wolf gave a low growl in the back of its throat and looked at Jaebum then at the hand still charged with powerful energy. After a moment Jaebum seemed to understand what the wolf wanted and slowly defused his spell. The second the spell was gone the wolf pushed his snout and head onto Jaebum’s hand. The wizard instinctivly started rubbing the wolf’s head then his hand traveled towards its warm neck and back. At the soft touches the wolf started to drop down onto the floor, his paws out infront with its head resting on top them.

All the while Jaebum’s mind was jumbled to the point he didn’t even notice when he laid down against the resting wolf. After a while Jaebum got up or at least tried to since the wolf immediately growled in protest. Jaebum decided to stay by the wolf side until it feel asleep and his mind was sorted out.