Our Cabin

Lamia

It was almost a week since Mark had told them to meet, just one more day and Yugyeom could finally see the human again. So far the week had been hell for the young wizard, not only did Jaebum hound him with new spells but he was also sleep deprived. Just the thought of seen the human again and all the possibilities of what could happen kept the young wizard up at night. Of course this time Yugyeom was careful around Jaebum, choosing his wording carefully, not being a bother, and just plain blending into the background. His hard work paid off the next day when Yugyeom asked if he could go out. Jaebum barely spared him a glance and kept working on his month old potion.

Outside Yugyeom tired to take his time walking to the river; he didn’t want to seem too eager. After taking old trails and some shortcuts Yugyeom finally made it to the river, the watermill was a couple of yards away and bright red hair could be seen. Not wanting a repeat of last time they met Yugyeom clearly announced himself, he made noises and even called out Marks name. The human quickly turned towards Yugyeom and gave out a bright smile while walking over and meeting him halfway.

“I wasn’t sure if you were going to make it, I was about to leave.”

“Good thing you didn’t”

Be cool Yugyeom, act aloof.

The air between them was stained, it was awkward. Neither knew how to start a conversation, unlike last time when everything was sudden and in the moment, it now seemed too planed. All either boy could do was stare at each other.

While trying to figure what to talk about Yugyeom noticed many things about Mark he hadn’t noticed before. For example Yugyeom noticed Mark wore a lot of leather. The human’s long coat was made out of leather and lined with wool, his boots too were made out of leather and stopped just below Mark’s knee, and the last thing made out of leather was a belt that held a knife and a small pouch. Meanwhile Mark was doing the same to the young wizard, really looking at him. Thoroughly studying the wizard’s outfit Mark noticed a thick wool cloak that Yugyeom always seem to wear with a silver chain holding it closed, also warm looking black pants, and knee high boots perfect for winter.  Yugyeom’s large amount of jewelry also caught Mark’s attention wondering where they all came from. From the younger’s pierced ears, to large rings on nearly all of the young wizards fingers, and a necklace with a large obsidian rock hanging off it.

Mark was the first to snap out of the awkward phase of just staring, only to realize how cold they both really were. Springing quickly into action Mark grabbed Yugyeom’s hand and dragged him towards a small cabin a few yards into the woods. The cabin was old and full of dust but the fire place looked good enough. Almost as fast as Mark entered the cabin he went back out into the cold leaving Yugyeom to look around and fight the urge to clean it. After a few minutes of waiting Mark finally bursts into the cabin with his arms full of wood and twigs. Mark surprisingly started the fire in a couple of seconds, much faster than Yugyeom ever could. Standing back up Mark nearly head butted with Yugyeom.

“Um, it’ll get warmer in a couple of minutes, for now just stand close to the fire.”

“Thanks, how do you know this cabin was here anyway?”

“I passed it on my way here; its abandoned so why not put it to good use?”

“Yeah but it’s so dirty, its makes me want to clean it.”

Letting out a chuckle Mark agreed.

“Maybe next time we can clean it. The cabin can be our meeting place.”

No caring why his stomach gave a flip when Mark mentioned our, Yugyeom quickly agreed to clean the cabin next time they met up. Eventually both Mark and Yugyeom got tired of standing and sat against the wall on the floor, their shoulders touching.

“This is nice, I’ve never done this before but this just feels right. This makes me glad that I helped you out of the forest when you were lost.”

“Well, you weren’t exactly willing to help me, I had to chase after you if I recall correctly.”

“Oh hush, it’s the same thing.”

“I know, I’m just teasing you. You look cute when you blush; your whole face gets red.”

Mark sat back and waited for Yugyeom to process what he said, he didn’t have to wait long.

“I-I’m cute?”

“Very cute.”

It was quite while Yugyeom thought of what Mark’s words really meant, what they meant to him. Mark left the young wizard to his thoughts while he watched the sunlight slowly disappear behind some trees through the window. Suddenly remembering about Yugyeom’s over protective older brother Mark jumped up startled.

“When do you have to back to your house?”

Snapping out of his thoughts Yugyeom looked outside and noticed pitch black darkness. Cursing he quickly got up and was heading towards the door in a panic until Mark stopped him.

“Let go of me Mark, I have to go right now! , , ! I am so dead, Jaebum will have my head!”

“Calm down Yugyeom. Breath. I’ll take you home.”

“No, no, Jaebum will kill me if I take you with me. I know my way back, thanks.”

“Do you know your way back in the dark?”

At this Yugyeom cursed again. Mark was right; he had never been out while it was dark. The wizard had no other choice but let Mark help him and that was sure to cause him trouble.

“I-I don’t.”

“I thought so, now bundle up good and let’s go”

Pulling his hood on Yugyeom stepped out of the cabin and grabbed tightly onto Mark’s arm.

“I live east of here”

Nodding Mark led the way using the small light that managed to peek behind the dense woods. After nearly an hour of going east Yugyeom recognized a trial nearby.

“This is enough Mark; I can find my way from here.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, thanks for walking me all the way here.”

Nodding Mark hesitated for a second before kissing Yugyeom’s cheek.

“See you next week in the cabin.”

Biting his lips Yugyeom shyly nodded and hurried up the trail leaving Mark to stare after him.

 


I’m awkward at conversations :3 Next chapter we see a werewolf! If you can guess who it is you can make anything happen in that chapter. Take it as a prize for updating late. You have to be the first though!