Have A Little

Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is dying difficult?"

Sehun is met with a pair of shining eyes. The brightest he's seen. How ironic that the very person who they belong to is the epitome of death.

"Not at all."

"Really? Huh, well that's more reason then."

"Reason for what?"

"Sometimes, I just wish I could die."

"Who said it was easy? I said it was not difficult, but I never said it was easy."

He sighs.

"Living is more difficult."

"And yet some people would just die to live."

He chuckles.

"Are you referring to yourself?"

She's not affected nor offended in the least. The two may have been relatively strangers, but they felt as comfortable as if they were old friends. 

"Actually, I am just living to die."

He doesn't understand her.

"We are all just living, only to die in the end."

He silently watches as the flowers sway in the gentle breeze, relishing the few moments of peace. She, too, relaxes, basking in the warmth and comfort of the sun. 

"Sehun, why do you hate living so much?"

"That's because I don't."

She lies down next to him in the middle of the field and turns to face him, her hands cushioning her head comfortably as she awaits his reply.

"I exist in the most exciting life possible. I live each day, surrounded with wealth, with lots of excitement, with social gatherings and parties. But you know what? The more I live, the more I want to die. In living, I find good reason to die. Because this isn't what I want at all. I never lived, I never had a life. This isn't my life. This life that everyone thinks I have, it's exciting to them but excruciating to me. Do you know why I'm such a pessimist? Because I spend every night getting my flaws pointed out to me. Because I wake up every morning with more pressure, with higher expectations. When this is your life, when you're spending every waking second trying to keep your name up there, trying to keep your reputation up to inherit a whole business empire and it still isn't enough, it's a habit to see every single mistake. After a while you see the problems in everything, the darkness. And I'd rather die than live this way."

She stays silent as she slowly thinks about his words.

"Is that why you ended up here? Pills, huh? I guess you really wish you were me right now."

"What about you?"

"In living I do find good reason to die."

He furrows his eyebrows.

"Because when I'm going to die, then in living, I learn to treasure everything I have. In living, I learn about how fortunate I have been to have had a life. How much joy life has given me. I learn how to appreciate and treasure life itself. And how God has been so good to me. He has a plan for me, and I learn to accept that everything he does, he does with good reason. He knows what he's doing, and I trust him. He's given me nineteen years of a wonderful life. With a wonderful family, surrounded with wonderful people. I've lived a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter