01

A Secret Note

She had been standing in the line for over an hour. The queue was still long in front of her and the other girls around were waiting anxiously just as her. 

 

"Relax", her friend said, "it's not like it will go faster if you are tripping". 

 

The BTS showcase had ended an over an hour ago and she was waiting for the long awaited meeting with her favorite idol. 

 

"I'm not tripping but it's just taking too long! Why are there still like a hundred people in front of me?"

 

Her friend just sighed. When she was in this mood there were no use in arguing. 

 

She was tired of waiting. They were some of the last in the line, as her friend had a serious issue that had to be completed in the restroom. 

 

Ever since she had seen the first video of Jimin, she had felt some special connection. 

 

Others would call it nonsense and say that it was all a weird obsession, but it felt more than just admiration. 

 

Every time she heard his name, a smile would lit up her face. Every time she saw his face, her heart would clench until it felt like it was about to burst. 

 

She knew that she wasn't one of the delusional fans who fell in love with the perfect image of their idol. 

 

Damn she knew he wasn't perfect! But she liked him because of those imperfections. Like how his front teeth was just a little uneven. How he wasn't that tall but tall enough for her. 

 

All those small things just felt like more. She often tried to tell herself that it was impossible to have a connection to a person whom he had never met but she knew she was telling herself a lie. 

 

The queue was slowing getting smaller and smaller and soon she was at the front and just through those doors were BTS. 

 

She could hear the shrieks of the girls who had shaken with their favorite member and she felt the butterflies awaken in her stomach. 

 

Her whole body was tingling when the staff lady motioned her to go forward. 

 

The first one she saw was V. Then sat Rap Mon, then Suga, Jungkook, Jin and then she saw him. 

 

She felt tighten up. This was really him. The one she had been dreaming about the one that always lingered in her mind. 

 

"Annyonghaeseyo~", V smiled. She just nodded and stuttered out her name for him to write. 

 

"Hey pretty one, and what is your name?" Rap mon said with a grin on his lips. 

 

Again she stuttered her name, smiling shyly at the members. 

 

This continued down to Jungkook but she always had an eye on Jimin. 

 

Reaching Jin, she felt her cheeks heat up. She almost didn't notice Jin and his awkward ramble but could only feels Jimin's stare on her face. 

 

Taking the sign from Jin, she moved to Jimin. 

 

She could feel her heated cheeks but didn't dare to look up. 

 

Hearing his laugh, she looked up and was met with direct eye contact. 

 

Her face was now felt like it was on fire and she was sure she was looking like a tomato. 

 

He gave her a half smile. "So what is your name, pretty face?" He said in his best practiced English. 

 

She blushed deeply, even though that seemed impossible at the moment. 

 

She stuttered her name again for the sixth time. 

 

He smiled and wrote it down, together with a message. She didn't look at it, too overwhelmed by his presence. 

 

He gave her the signed picture and just as she was about to go get her last sign from J-Hope, he grabbed her hand. 

 

It felt like her hand was on fire. She looked at him and he winked and she felt the the note between their hands. 

 

He then let go and focused on the new fangirl who was standing in front of him and she looked at a grinning J-Hope. 

 

When she came out again she opened her hand too look at the note. 

 

난 널 아라요? 

 

She looked at it confused. She couldn't read Hangul or understand Korean but her friend could. 

 

"What does it say?" She said and handed the note. 

 

"It says: do I know you?" 

 

She felt her heart beating fast. He could feel the connection too! He felt like he knew her! 

 

Under the little message was a carefully written name: iamthegreatjimin @kk

 

She smiled at the username. But then she realized. He had given her his Kakaotalk profile. 

 

"What? Who is it from?" Her friend asked confused, though she was still drugged up from the meeting with V. 

 

"Just something", she smiled knowingly. It was her secret and her secret only.