Confrontation and confirmation

Stay with me

Much that Jiyong wanted to handle the DNA testing himself, Taeyang was right when he said it will be obvious. Taeyang had someone do it for him.

Both were in Jiyong's living room. Taeyang just picked up the result.

Jiyong's hands were trembling as he opened the envelope. Taeyang gave him a comforting squeeze in the shoulder. He made a deep long breath before pulling out the paper from the envelope. He skimmed the content and looked at Taeyang. Tears started to roll. Taeyang had been expecting it. "Sol," he croaked.
"I have this feeling. I just need confirmation," Tae Yang gave him a tight hug and  Jiyong cried silently in his arms.
"I'm taking the week off. I don't care what the president will say. I have to see my daughter. I have to talk to Yeon Hee." he grabbed kleenex from the table and dabbed into his face.

"I'm coming with you," Tae Yang didn't made any arguments.

 

 

Mimi was surprised when Tae Yang showed up infront of the school again. Mimi called her sitter and informed her that her mom's friends are dropping her off to their house.
Jiyong hugged Mimi as soon as she stepped into the car.

"Uncle Jiyong, are you crying?" she wondered.

"oh.. no.. no. I'm just so happy to see you," he kissed her head. "How about we hang out in your house and wait for mommy?" Jiyong suggested.

"OK. I'll introduce you to Lori," she answered happily.

"Who's Lori?" Jiyong was a bit nervous.
"My puppy. Mom got it for me when we moved here,"

Jiyong breathed in relief. He was thinking her mom's boyfriend or so.

"Ok, sweetheart, where do you live?" Tae Yang asked.

Mimi scrambled on her backpack and handed a book to Jiyong. Jiyong read it loud for Tae Yang to hear. "Use the GPS." he said when he saw Tae yang scratched his head. "Or let's drop buy and buy coffee and ask for direction."

Tae Yang had no choice. He pulled over at the coffee shop that came up in the GPS. "Sweetheart, would  you like to have a chocolate milk?"

"Yes please uncle and thank you," Mimi answered politely and turned back her attention to the box Jiyong gave her.
"Aigoo! soo well-mannered," Tae Yang praised. "I'll be back,"
"uncle Jiyong, but it looks like uncle Sol is your driver," Mimi commented innocently.

"It's just that, uncle Sol is better at driving," Jiyong answered her. "So what are you going to do this weekend?"

"Oh... Mommy's taking me to Seoul. We're going to Lotte world," she beamed in excitement. "Uncle, have you been there? Mommy said it's a huge play ground and I can play until dark,"

"Oh, really? Yeah, I've been there. You will have fun."

"And then we will go see  auntie Chae Aen and auntie Jae to eat cakes,"

"Eat cake?" Jiyong looked at Mimi. Kids don't just randomly say cakes.
"Tomorrow's my birthday and auntie Chae Aen said  she's buying me a huge Hello Kitty cake," she answered.

Jiyong just looked at Mimi with open mouth.
"It's not far from here. The girl in the counter actually knows the doctor," Tae Yang came back. "And here's you chocolate milk," he handed the cup to Jiyong. "Be careful sweetheart. That's hot,"

After a few minutes drive they arrived at the house. Jiyong was impressed. The house is quite big compared to the housed in the neighborhood.

"Come on in," Mimi invited them after opening the door.

"Mommy might get mad if she'll find out you let strangers to your house," Jiyong said as he took off his shoes.

"You're mommy's patient and you know her. Uncle Sol is your friend. I don't think that makes you strangers," Mimi answered smartly.

"Aigoo, I wish my daughter will be smart and polite as you," Tae Yang lifted her in his arms.

"You have a daughter uncle Sol?" Mimi looked at Tae Yang innocently.

"I don't have. I am saying that if I'll ever have," Tae Yang can't resist but to kiss Mimi's cheek as he put her down.

Mimi took off her back pack and started taking out her books.

Tae Yang and Jiyong were curious and just watched the little girl. She started to do her homework.

"Don't you like watching TV?" Tae Yang asked.

"hmmm, I do. I have lots of DVD's and I only watch TV program with mommy,"

Tae Yang and Jiyong looked at each other. They think they knew the reason why.

"Lori!" the pup came in. Uncles, this is my pup, Lori. Lori, nice ahjussis," Mimi introduced her  puppy.

"Cute lil pup for a cute little girl," Tae Yang patted the pup.

"Is she coming to Seoul tomorrow?" Jiyong asked.

"Mommy said, pets are not allowed in the plane," Mimi said with a sad face.

"Oh, they are allowed," Jiyong just blurted out and just wanted to regret what he just uttered when he received  a glare from Tae Yang.

Yeon Hee heard a loud music coming from the house. She smiled. Her princess was bored again. She slowly opened the door and was about to ran to the living room when he saw shoes at the entrance. "Oh.. !" her mind raced. Her daughter! She kicked her shoes and marched to the living room. She was greeted by her daughter dancing in the couch. Two heads were sitting at the other couch watching her.

"Mommy!" Mimi screamed and ran to her mom.

The two heads turned. Yeon Hee froze. She went speechless.

"Mom, uncle Jiyong said that I can.."

Mimi voice brought her back from her trance. "Princess?" it was not a question and Mimi got it right away.

"Mommy, uncle Jiyong is your friend and uncle Sol is his bestfriend. hmmm," Mimi put on her pouty and puppy face.
Yeon Hee rolled her eyes and picked up Mimi's back pack.

"Mommy uncle Jiyong said that pets are..."

"Princess, before you say what uncle Jiyong said. Why is your snacks untouch?" Yoon Hee raised the lunch box containing grapes.

"uh..." Mimi looked at the two men seated on the couch.

"We stopped by for ice cream earlier," Tae Yang said.

"Ice cream?!" Yeon Hee's voice rose enough for the 2 men to turn at her. "Princess, this..." she stopped and held on the counter.  "Princess, hmmm, how about you and uncle Sol play outside with Lori. Uncle Jiyong and I have something to talk about."

Tae Yang got the message and signalled Mimi to follow him outside.

"Talk," Yeon Hee sat at the single couch opposite Jiyong and crossed her arms. She somewhat knew the reason why they are at her house.

"Mimi." Jiyong started. Yeon Hee just nodded. "How did this happened?"

"What do you mean? Mimi resembles you and you think she's your daughter?"

Jiyong doesn't want to argue with Yeon Hee. "I had DNA testing and it's 99.9 match. I'm sure she's mine and I can feel the connection,"

"What if you've a twin brother?" Yeon Hee raised.

"That is impossible. Way too impossible. I don't have a brother."

Yon Hee leaned back. There's no point of hiding it. "I was on my 2nd year of medicine. And as a birthday gift to myself and for surviving 2 years of medical school, I went out with friends to celebrate. The semester just ended and we were not worried about school. Everybody drank like there's no tomorrow. I was not an exception. We ended up in a club. The next thing I know I woke up in an unfamiliar bed. I had no recollection what happened. Few months later, it was confirmed that I was pregnant. My mother cried a lot. I disappointed my parents but I was more disappointed in myself. First thing that came to my mind was to abort the baby but dad threatened to kill me first if I abort the baby. I skipped one semester of school and had Mimi. My parents adored the baby and even wanted to register as their last child. I  had to fight with my parents about it. I was so thankful to dad  for forcing me to have the baby. It's been my joy and inspiration while finishing school and doing residency." Tears started to pool around her eyes.

"I'm sorry," Jiyong don't know what to say while clenching his fingers.
"Don't." Yeon Hee wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "It was a disgrace to my family that I got pregnant without getting married. But my parents helped me cope with it. Aside from my compulsive decision to abort her, I never regret having her even I don't have any idea who was the father. One of my best friend is a huge fan of yours and while Mimi was growing up and she kept pointing out how she resembles you. Jae and I laughed it off. I didn't have difficulty in my first trimester. It was Chae Aen who suffered. She got all the morning sickness and cravings. And that was the time when you guys were at your peak. We told her that because of her craziness over your group my daughter end up resembling you. We even joked that she might be hugging all your poster while I was pregnant." Yeon Hee made a low laugh. " It never crossed my mind. When I got the result, I knew I can't let you know. She can't be in your world."

"And why not?" Jiyong looked at her.

"Look Kwon Jiyong, you're Gdragon, for God's sake. Do you have any idea when the world finds out you have a daughter? What about Mimi? She can't live in your world."

Jiyong got up and knelt infront of Yeon Hee. "Yeon Hee-ah," he can't control himself. He hugged Yoon Hee and cried. "Yeon Hee... Yeon Hee,"

The emotional state was broken by the opening of the door and Mimi came in wailing.

Jiyong quickly wiped his tears and mouthed a 'what did you do' to Tae Yang.

"What's wrong princess?" Yeon Hee hugged Mimi.
"Mommy, are you going to leave me and  live with uncle Jiyong." she said innocently.

"Huh?!What?" Jiyong and Yeon Hee said at the same time and death glared Tae Yang.

"Princess, listen to mommy," Yeon Hee cupped her daughter's tiny face. "Mommy will never ever leave you. Promise."

"Pinky promise?" Mimi stretched her tiny fingers and both mother and daughter made a pinky promise.

"I'll never leave you," she hugged him tight and lifted her to her arms. "Let's order some food. It's not a good idea to eat out. Everybody knows everyone in the town."

The conversation was dominated by Mimi while they were waiting for the food. Mimi even set the table. "Uncle Jiyong, the knife  should be on the right," she moved the knife Jiyong set on one mat.

Tae Yang roared in laughter. "Oh my God this is priceless. I should have filmed it,"

Mimi was so excited with the foods and has other people in the table.  She climbed on her chair expertly.

"Do you want to sit on uncle Jiyong's lap while you eat?" Jiyong said.

Mimi looked at him quizzically. "You're supposed to be in your chair while eating,"

Tae Yang guffawed.

"Yah! Dong Young Bae! It's not even funny," Jiyong was embarrassed.

"Jiyong-sshi," Yoon Hee warned him.

"Sorry," he apologized. "oh... Princess loves meat and veggies," Jiyong noticed how she eats her food heartily.

"I want to grow taller than mommy," Mimi said. "mommy, did I tell you? Uncle Jiyong said pets are allowed in the plane,"

Yeon Hee's face turned black as he looked at Jiyong. Jiyong mouthed sorry. She turned to Mimi and smiled. "Pets are allowed in the plane but we can't bring Lori. She might get sick and they will be staying in a separate area."

"Okay. But mommy, uncle Sol said I can play with his puppy when I go to Seoul. Can I mommy? Can I? His name is Boss. Isn't that cute mommy?" she suddenly became excited.

Yeon Hee just sighed. "Okay Princess. Now you go watch your movie while I clean up. You need to go to bed early because we're going out early tomorrow,"

Mimi slid down from her chair and washed her hands at the sink.

"You raised her well," Tae Yang commented.

"Thank you very much," Yeon Hee felt elated with the praise.

"I wonder if she grew up with Jiyong. She probably always rapping and don't have manners,"  Tae Yang said with a deadpan face then he laughed right away.

"Yah! Dong Young Bae!" Jiyong yelled.

"shhhh, see what I mean.  She'll be seeing you yell and all," Tae Yang said.

Jiyong rolled his eyes. Of course his bestfriend was right.

"I assumed you booked yourselves in a hotel." Yeon Hee interrupted their bickering.

"uhm..." Tae Yang looked at Jiyong.

Yeon Hee frowned. "You're kidding me,"

"Uh... Jiyong just booked the ticket right away," Tae Yang answered.

Yeon Hee shook her head. "You have to share the bed then." she wiped her hands and walked towards Mimi. "Princess, time to brush your teeth and change to PJs,"

Mimi automatically turned the TV off and scooted to her room. Jiyong and Tae Yang just like curious kids followed Mimi to the washroom and watched her  do everything independently. She then pulled them to her room. "Uncle Jiyong, which one do you think is pretty?" she showed them 2 dresses.

"hmmmm, both are pretty. Which one do you think is better?" Jiyong returned the question.

Mimi just shoulder shrugged.

"Okay, young lady, time to change and sleep." Yeon Hee joined them.

"Mommy, no bedtime story tonight?" she pouted.

"Sweetheart, how about uncle Sol read you story tonight. Mommy and uncle Jiyong have something to discuss," Tae Yang stepped in.

"Yehey!" Mimi jumped up and down in her bed.

"I'll just go grab our stuffs from the car," Tae Yang went out.

"I want to set thing straight," Jiyong said. The two were left at the living room while Tae Yang tucked and was reading stories to Mimi.

Yeon Hee measured his stare. "What do you mean by that?"

"Yeon Hee-ah, I've loved you since you treated me at the villa."

Yeon He was startled and fixedly looked at Jiyong.

"true. You might not believe me but it's true. Why do you think I looked for you and left Jolie to you. I don't trust my puppies to anyone." Yeon Hee looked away. "After I left your house when I passed out, I went back a months later. I wanted to see you earlier but we have our world tour promotion. I didn't find you. I didn't know any of your friends to ask about you and I knew little about you. When I met you back in LA, you have no idea how happy I was. I was just surprised to see you have a kid. I deduced you got married that's why I didn't confess. But I noticed something from Mimi when we had dinner. Her mannerism reminds me of something but I couldn't place at that time."

Yeon Hee breathed. "Can we talk about this some other time. I had a long day. we've an early flight tomorrow. What's yours?"

"9 am," Jiyong answered.

"we have same flight. We have to leave here around 6:30." Yoon Hee got up and walked towards Mimi's room. She opened it slowly. Tae Yang was sitting beside the sleeping girl.

"She dose off before I finished the book"  Tae Yang whispered.
Yeon Hee kissed Mimi's forehead and she started putting back the books in the rack. When she turned her head, Jiyong just planted a kiss on Mimi's head. She signalled them to go out. She half closed the door and directed the two boys to the guest room. "Mimi might be up early tomorrow. She's used to  using the bathroom. Please make sure she's not in before you go in. I'll probably up before her but well in case. Everything you need is in the room. Good night,"

 

*it's the first day of September and Christmas is just around the block. Have a great day!*