Runaway

Stay with me

Yeon Hee stared at the paper infront of her. She wanted to scream. How in the world that happened? Her head started to spin. "No! It's impossible. It can't be!" She held her head and tried to think what to do next. "they can't meet again. No way!" She called Chae Aen and Jae to discuss her decision. She hasn't told them about Jiyong yet. She just told them, she wanted to practice somewhere for a year and will be back to Seoul after that. She needs time to think and plan and prepare in case Jiyong will find out.
In a week she was in the countryside. Mimi didn't asked why they left the city. In fact she loves the country. Yeon Hee got her a puppy to play since their backyard is huge for the two to play. She herself got a day shift and can just come in case of emergencies.

Jiyong scratched his head. He'd been to Yeon Hee's house several time but he hasn't seen any sign of inhabitant. He doesn't know any of her friend to start with. And if he does, he doesn't want to start a rumor by asking them her whereabouts.
"Maybe they returned to the states," he concluded and left the neighborhood.
"Ji, something wrong?" Taeyang came up and sat beside him.
GD shrugged.
"Oh, that reminds me, you haven't explained yourself about that kid yet,"
"Oh, there's no way she's mine. I never met her mother and she swore we never met as well,"
"Are you sure?" Taeyang doubted. "She's really a split of you. Or... Do you have a twin brother?"
"There's only one me okay. I went to  confront her mom and she said we never met,"
"dude, that girl is what 5-6 years old. How do you know," Taeyang pestered.
"I don't know," GD brushed him off and left. He himself is confused. It was 5 years ago but he can't remember anything. "Sol, how reliable is DNA?" he came back and sat again.
Tae Yang looked at him in disbelief. "So part of you believes she's yours? DNAs are reliable,"
"I have to find them and take a test,"
"Find them? I thought she's your friend," Tae Yang pointed out.
"I went to see them after we came back from Japan and they weren't in their home. I don't know if they moved or what,"
"Oh..now there's the problem. No friends?"
Jiyong shook his head. "I don't know where to start. This had been bugging me since I realized the resemblance. She could be mine," Tae Yang looked at him. "Look, she has some mannerism same as mine. The way she eats and plays with her food and chopstick,"
"Now we're in deep . You seriously don't have any idea where she is?"
"I know she works in a hospital but I just can't go there and ask her bios," Jiyong sounds so frustrated.
"I'll call my brother's friend. Get me the whole detail and I'll ask if he can locate her," Tae Yang tapped Jiyong's shoulder in comfort.

"Let's pick up some food and hang out to your place," Taeyang said seriously to Jiyong.
"Hyung, can I come?" VI overheard Taeyang.
"No, I want to be alone with GD this time." Tae Yang rejected the Maknae in a serious tone.
"Hyung, are you ok?" Seungri suddenly became worried.
It was a quiet ride to Jiyong's apartment.
"They are in Haenam," Taeyang said and sat at the couch.
"Hae!?! Haenam?" Jiyong was surprised. "why Haenam? "
"I don't know. Hyung just told me he got the hit and she's working in a public hospital. I asked him to send someone to do surveillance. "
"How are they doing?"
"I think they are ok. But Jiyong promise me you won't do anything stupid.  You can't just go there,"
"I'm not that stupid. Can you ask hyung's  friend if they can acquire something for  the DNA testing? "
"I'll try but don't get your hopes up. It's illegal. You can get charged."
"I have to get over these,"  Jiyong said in the verge of crying..
"everything's going to be alright... But Ji, what if... What if she is yours?" Taeyang was hesitant to ask.
"I don't know. It never occurred to me that I fathered a kid but..I really don't know...." he pulled his hair in frustration " I don't want to bring her  into my world. It will be messy and the fact that she's from ... Maybe  my childishness years ago."
"First thing is to confirm if she's yours and we'll go from there." Tae yang handed him a beer.
"what if she's mine?" Jiyong mumbled.  it's his turn to ask the question and rubbed his hand on the can.
"That's something you and the mother have to discuss," Taeyang answered without taking his eyes off the TV.
Jiyong sighed deeply. "She's Doc Moon Yeon Hee's daughter? "
"She's what? Say it again?" Tae Yang turned to him in 360 degree move. Jiyong's face was serious. "The doctor? Like the doctor  you're inlove with?" Jiyong nodded. "! What the is going on? Ok.. You didn't even tell me how you met the doc. Now I feel that  you don't trust me anymore. You've got a lot of secrets in your sleeves these days."
Jiyong sighed again. "she was vacationing at the pension. I was having fever and mom just brought her there. The first time I saw her, there was a glint in her eyes that I can't let go. I think was captivated. I didn't know she has a daughter until I met her in California. I thought she got married hence the daughter."
"Dude! where's your intellect? You  met her not even a year and then you met her a year later with a  grown up kid. We're you even thinking?" Taeyang pointed out.
"I wasn't thinking that time okay. I was excited just meeting her," Jiyong defended.
"Fine. let's leave that. Okay, have you found out if she was really married?" Taeyang asked.
"I searched the net and accordingly she's not."
"Okay, so that gives you 50% chance that she's yours,"
"I kept thinking who's the person who has the same mannerism as  her. Sol, I'm going to see her in Haenam. I have to make sure she's my kid."
"Dude, be reasonable. People will recognize you. It will create an issue," Tae Yang was trying to be reasonable.
"I'll go. I'll just have to talk to Mimi and that's all. I can't risk other people to do the DNA testing.,"
Tae Yang made a deep breath. He knows his bestfriend well. When he says he'll do it. Nothing can stop him. "When are you going?"
"I'll clear everything this week. Maybe in the weekend,"
"Just to making sure," Taeyang shot him a deadly look. "You're inlove to your daughter's mother, right?"
"I'm inlove yes," Jiyong admitted. "But the daughter thing, I'll wait for the result,"
Tae Yang shook his head. "Know what, even if you won't do the testing and you and her mom will end up together, everybody will conclude she's your daughter. My God Jiyong, she's a splitting image of you,"

Mimi just finished school and her sitter will be picking her up later. She used to hang around infront of the school playing with kids.
Tae Yang walked towards her. He was dressed in a casual ahjussi not his usual get up. "Hi! Are you Moon Min Hye?"
Mimi looked up. 'Stranger,' she thought. There's not much stranger in their town. Everybody knows everyone. "who's asking?" she asked in English.
Taeyang was a bit taken aback. A korean girl in Haenam could speak english perfectly. "Uhm..." he don't know where to start. He sat by the bench where Mimi was standing. "Do you know uncle Jiyong? He has a dog name Jolie," he asked in English.
Upon hearing, Mimi jumped to the ground. "Uncle Jiyong? uhm..yeah. Mommy's patient," she answered nonchalantly.
Taeyang passed the phone to Mimi.
"Hello, princess," it was Jiyong.
"Uncle Jiyong!" she became excited. "Is this ahjussi your friend?"
"My bestfriend. I missed you princess. Can I see you?"
"I'm at school. I'm waiting for my unnie to pick me up,"
"There's a car far from you. Look this way," Jiyong opened the car.
Without hesitation Mimi ran towards the car leaving Tae Yang who got up and followed her. "Uncle Jiyong! Did you bring Jolie with you?" She peaked inside the car.
"Listen to me princess, uncle missed you so much. How about you call your unnie and mom and tell them you're going with some friends.  Don't tell your mom it's uncle Jiyong. This will be our secret,"
Mimi was so excited that she started pressing number on Taeyang's phone. "Unnie, mommy's friends picked. He said he will drop me at home. I'll call mom later. Thank you," she hang up. "I don't have to call mom as long as you drop me at home before 6:00."
"So young lady, how had you been?" Jiyong ruffled her hair.
"I love it here. The sea, the people. I can walk anywhere," she boasted. "Hmmm, what brings you here? I know this is far from Seoul. Mom and I have to take the plane,"
"How old are you sweetheart?" Tae Yang  asked from the front.
"Oh, sorry. Uncle Jiyong, is he your driver?"
Jiyong burst out loud. "No, sweetheart, he's my bestfriend. Say hi to uncle Sol,"
"Hello uncle Sol and I'm 6 years old. Uncle, do you have puppies too?"
"Yes I do,"
"Can I play with him when I come to Seoul?" she asked innocently.
"Sure you can. Boss will love you,"
"Boss?" Mimi looked at Jiyong.
"His puppy. Are you hungry? We can go eat something." Jiyong looked at his watch. They have 4 hours to spare.
"I have snacks in my bag. Unnie usually brings me to park before we go home."