When He’s Shy About His Own Feelings

[Ukiss] AJ: When He’s Shy About His Own Feelings

Walking lazily to the bus station you fan yourself cursing under your breath about how scorching hot it is. Cupping your hands over your eyes creating shade, you manage to see someone sitting on the bench with hair and shoes you recognize. You walk up and plop down next to him with a grin. “Nice day isn’t it?” you say looking up at him. He’s silent, looking away from you faced down with black sunglasses, arms crossed over his chest, and a black cap. He was wearing dark blue jeans; a dark grey shirt with blue stripes across, and in his left hand was a letterman jacket. You nod approvingly at his outfit asking. “Do you know what time Dongho comes home from practice? I forgot to give him his late birthday gift yesterday.” You stare at him waiting for an answer as you take out your iPod and headphones. “I don’t know, No one told me.” He replied “You’re no help at all AJ,” you complain. He lifts his cap up and squints at you suspiciously, “How’d you know it was me?” You laugh shaking your head, “Dude, you’re wearing the same shoes from yesterday and you’re the only one that has a sticker of your own group’s name on your right shoe. And that’s because I put it there! See? Right there.” You point to the middle of his shoe showing him the “유키스" logo in pink print.

"Oh…that sticker…ha ha!" He laughs in embarrassment for not knowing what’s on his own shoes.
"Yeah, that sticker. Anyways it was fun yesterday; I really liked how we all almost got lost in San Francisco since we had to take 2 separate cars, just like you wanted. Plus you were the driver so that was the cherry on top!" You told him sarcastically. "Well we wouldn’t have taken two cars if Hoon hadn’t forgotten to tell our manager about renting a van!" He complained in return. "Oh yeah, the van… Well, should of…could of…would of my cousin says." You smile back as you return to your iPod turning on the wifi button, a few seconds pass and your device grabs a nearby signal from a doughnut shop a block down. You thank the shop in your mind as you open up your inbox to see any new notifications. So far there was only 3 messages from your friend and 2 notifications from a clothing site regarding your order finally shipping. You sigh and look over at AJ sighing really loud to grab his attention. "Ughhhhh why is it so hooot!?!? I’m dying!!" you moan with frustration. He holds in his laugh and looks down at you "Here." from his rear pocket he pulls out a miniature mechanical fan and starts to fan you both with it as he squeezes the trigger and sprays water on your faces. "Ahhhhhh much better…" You exhale "Oh, by the way, thank you for giving me a ride home earlier this morning, I could have called my friend to pick me up from the airport since she kept asking if I landed back in Seoul yet, but it was very gentlemanly of you to give me a ride."
Thanking him you bring your feet off the ground to cross your legs, like back in kindergarten when you would sit in the circle listening to your teacher reading a number one author children’s book out loud. “You’re welcome; besides, I think you should call me whenever you’re in need of help.” He smirks down at you. “Pffft! Haha, no thank you. I know I can be just fine by myself.” You wave your left hand between the two of you signaling him to forget about it. He raises one eyebrow and crosses his arms, he blinks then clears his throat. “Okay. But in case you change your mind, I’m here.” He says casually.
You nod from hearing what he had to say to your comment as you swipe your right thumb up looking through all your songs in your playlists.
You can’t decide on which song to play, B.A.P or DBSK. After 3 minutes you give up and put it on shuffle.
"I really like being with you, you know that? And I mean not you and Hoon and Eli or Kevin. Or Ukiss in general, but I mean, just you and me. I like it that way the most, then 2nd place would go to all of you guys and me." He awes in his mind then trying to think of something cheesy to say to you but his eyes avert you and instead he stares at the rusty copper coin on the ground. He begins to feel his heart rate increase from thinking about what you have said to him, over and over again.
AJ always liked you, as a friend, until 4 weeks earlier he began to fall for you. Every time you would go over to their dorm and just hang out as friends, not caring if fangirls would see, take pictures, record you or even stare down at you for even being in the same room with their “oppas”. He was impressed by how you handled the matter, he was more surprised at how you could hold long conversations with them in Korean and know some slang words. Even when a member would try to say foolish things around you, in a joking way you know exactly what to say back at them to get them off your back.
He liked your flaws, they were perfection in his eyes, and yesterday in his car at 4:37am he thought that was the moment where you two would become a couple but he became shy and worried about his feelings because he didn’t know if you felt the same way or ready for a relationship with him, since he’s an idol and it would be even more challenging to be a couple. Coming out of his thoughts one last time his temperature went slightly up and began to have sweaty palms. He wiped the sweat off secretly on the inside of his pants pockets and re-thought about what he’s about to tell you.
AJ gathers all of his courage and confidence and turns his head to you. “__________, I know we’ve been through a lot like you have with Eli, but… Within these 9 months I’ve come to the point where we should no longer be friends.” He faintly hears the honking bus a few blocks over and turns back to you knowing he should speed things up. “A-And instead, we should be in a relationship.. What I’m trying to say is… dammit.” He breathes in and exhales slowly. “Will you go on a date with me this Saturday? And from this day on I want you to be not only my girlfriend…but my best friend. I-I mean not only my best friend, my girlfriend.” He mentally face palms as he waits silently seeing your side profile quiet and still. Moments pass and you still haven’t said anything.
"So what do say?" He puts his right hand on your shoulder and shakes you.
You look over at him "What?" You say boringly.

He gives you a confused expression “What’s your answer?” He asks again nervously.
Humming to DBSK’s Crazy Love you looked up and smiled at him. You take out your iPod from your left jacket pocket and press the home button twice. The screen lights up and AJ looks over and notices you’ve been listening to DBSK’s song this whole time! You stopped the song and began to wrap the headphones around your iPod securely. Tossing your iPod in your messenger bag you stand up and hug him. “I know I don’t do this often, so you’re lucky you’re getting a rare hug from one of your greatest best friends. He’s tenses at the word “best friends” making him feel upset. He can’t do anything about it since you were busy with DBSK and it was his own fault as well for not making sure you could still hear him in the first place! The bus finally pulls up and you step forward waiting for the doors to open. “I’ll see you tomorrow at the dorm, right?” You told him. “Where else would I be!? Of course you’ll see me. But hey, try not to miss me on your way back home! We won’t be apart too long.” He teased “Ha. Ha. Ha. Save it for your fangirls!” You exclaim.
He tries to think of something to at least get his feelings across, that’s when the light bulb finally went on. “Wait!!” He yelled walking over. You stared at him weirdly like you were gonna scold him if he made you missed the last bus. He leaned close to your face and inch by inch his lips pressed up on your left cheek. Your eyes widen in shock as you stand there. He takes a step back and looks at your flushed face, AJ laughs and pushes you towards the steps of the bus and pays for your fare. As he says goodbye one last time and walks down the sidewalk back to the dorms. On the bus sitting alone way in the back you turn to locate him. On the corner of the sidewalk he pumps a fist in the air, jumping up and down ecstatically. You laugh and smile really big to yourself thinking if you should text him or call him or maybe tell him in person about how you heard his confession.
C’mon, you actually think you would have BOTH head phones in your ears!? That would be rude.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you loved reading this! XD