Distration

Distraction

(Request from anon)

You bite hard on your pencil, feeling your teeth sink into the wood.  Henry the seventh ruled from 1485-1509 and he married Elizabeth who was the daughter of Edward the fourth.  The next monarch was Henry the eighth who ruled from 1509-1547.  He was the one who had six wives and they were…

You see a flashing light from behind your eyelids.  You open your eyes and see Dongwoon holding his phone up in your direction.  He had a mischievous grin on his face.

“Woonie,” you whine.  “Stop taking pictures of me.  I’m trying to study for the exam.”  You reach to take the phone away, but he holds it over his head.

“No way.  You are way too cute when you’re trying to memorizing things.”  He smiles and ruffles your hair.  “Just look how cute you are.”  He turns the phone around and you see a horrifying picture of yourself.  You are sitting cross-legged on the rug in your room wearing your sweatpants and one of your boyfriend’s big shirts.  Your abused pencil is in between your teeth received another hard bite and your eyes are shut tight, connecting your eyebrows to form one bushy unibrow.

“Omigosh, Woonie, delete that!” you whine/scream.  You lunge for the phone, but Dongwoon holds it behind his back.  Even though he is sitting right beside you, he still manages to keep the device away from you.  You continue to try and take the phone away, pushing your face against his chest to increase your reach.  You hear his calming heart beat and smell his cologne.  Wow he smells good today.

Dongwoon laughs at your attempts.  “No.  I don’t want to.  In fact, I think I’ll post it on the internet.”

“Nooo!  You’re so mean.”  You finally give up and sit back down, crossing your arms and pouting.  “Why do you torture me?”

Dongwoon looks up at you and starts laughing.  “Are you kidding?  You’re so easy to torture, I can’t help it.”  He looks down at his phone, which is now in his lap.  You quickly grab it from his hands and slide it across the floor, under your bed.  “Yah!  What was that for?”

“If you get to torture me, then I’ll torture you.  You’ll get it back when you leave.”  You are fully aware that he could easily walk over and get his phone from under the bed, but you are also fully aware that he is too lazy to do it, unless he absolutely has to.  “Now let me concentrate.”

You put your pencil back in your mouth and start from where you left off.  Let’s see, I was on Henry the eighth who killed all his wives.  The first one was Anne something and she was beheaded.  Wait, is that right?  Which ones were beheaded again?

You open your eyes to look at your history book.  Glancing over at Dongwoon, you see him staring at you.  “What?”  The pencil falls out of your mouth and lands in your lap, which you then ignore.

“If I can’t take pictures of you with my phone, then I’ll have to take a bunch of mental pictures.”  He grabs your poor pencil from your lap and puts it in his mouth.  “You look kinda like this,” he says around it.  He puts his hands on his neck, rests his elbows on the table and scrunches up his face.  You can’t help but laugh a little.

“I do not,” you say weakly.  It actually is a pretty good impression of the picture.  You grab the end of your pencil still in his mouth and tug on it gently.  He didn’t let go.  “Yah.  Let go.”

Dongwoon opens his eyes and shakes his head, the mischievous grin firmly in place.  Don’t let him distract you, you remind yourself.  “Fine.  I didn’t need it anyway.”  You search through the words in your book to find the answer to your question.

“Come on, Jagi.  You are no fun when you’re studying.”  He takes the pencil from his mouth and puts it on the table in front of you.  Then he stands up and stretches.

“Where are you going?” you ask not looking up.

“I’m just stretching my legs.  Studying makes me tired.”

“You haven’t even done anything.  I’m the one doing all the work.”  You look up to see him leaning against the wall smiling down at you.  His eyes catch yours and you feel yourself being drawn in to his gaze.  Don’t let him distract you, you repeat for the millionth time.

“Not true,” he says in a deep and quiet voice.  “I’m the one having to control myself, while watching you be adorable and cute.  What’s even more distracting is that you’re wearing my shirt.  You have no idea how hard is it for me to keep from squishing you until you can’t breathe.”  The line was cheesy, but something about the way he said it made it the iest thing you’ve ever heard.

You stand up and walk over to where he’s standing and mirror his position.  “Then maybe you should go home to study.”

Dongwoon reaches out and takes your hand.  “Where’s the fun in that?  Then I would be studying the wrong thing.”

You look at him confused.  “We have an exam on Monday, in history.  What else would you study?”

“I’d be studying for the history exam.”

What?  “I don’t follow.”

He rolls his eyes at you and takes a step closer, placing your hand on his shoulder.  “If I went home, I would no choice but to study for the history exam.”

“Yeah?”

“But if I’m here, I get to study you.”

Your stomach tightens.  “Study me?  Why would you do that?”

“Because I want to know everything about you.  Right down to the way you scrunch your nose and bite your pencil when you study.”

You smile brightly and wrap your arms around his neck.  He holds you close and runs his fingers along your back.  “Does this mean you’ll delete the picture?”

“Not a chance.”