We Don't Talk Anymore

Jukebox (one-shots)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Just a quick one-shot. Hope you enjoy it. It's basically what I'm going through.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Bzzz. Incoming text: [ Hey, are you free tonight? ]

"Amber, did you send the final draft to Legal? We need this finished to meet L&J's deadline. Amber. Amber? Are you even listening to me?! For god's sake."

"What..uhh..yeah. I submitted them earlier, Mr. . Ms. Parra confirmed it's been received and ready for next week's board meeting."

"Good. Next time, don't make me wait." Finally, that short bald piece of work walked away from my desk. For weeks, I've been slaving away in the office all because Mr. "" here lost our original proposal to the client. Resulting in our competition submitting the same idea earlier than us. We only had one week to think of something else or we would lose our bid. 

Bzzz. Incoming text: [ Hey, can you let me know ASAP? We're going out to night and need reservations.]

I looked down at my phone again and sighed. I definitely could use a drink. It's time to hang out with the crew again before they start complaining.

 Sent. [ I'm down. Text me when and where. See you later bro. ]

Bzz. Incoming text: [ Cool cool. I'll let you know. :D]

 

 

Since I wear a suit for work, I didn't even bother going home after work and went straight to the bar. It was a Friday night and the streets of Upper East Side and Midtown were filled with people getting ready for their weekend pre-hangovers. Around the block and there were my friends half drunk already from margaritas.

"Welcome to Mad Dog's!"

"My friends have a table already....over....there. Yup, that group with the girl passed out on the table. Thanks."

I made my way through the crowd smiling at the people passing by and finally made it to this rowdy group I call my friends who I've known for years. My friends. Ah. My lovely friends. Well what can I say about them besides- 

"AMBER!!! OMG AMBER! I miss you! I thought I would never see you again. Come here! MWAH MWAH!"

That's Sulli. The one that's hugging me to death. She's a model whose worked for several designers in New York. Given her height, it came to no surprise to us when she told us she got signed by an agency. She's like the little sister that I've never had. 

"YAH!!! YOU TALL BABY DON'T SCARE HER AWAY!"

And that. Yes, that short girl trying to pry Sulli off me. That's Luna. She's now a theaterical actress trying to make it to Broadway. We actually had a "thing" back then but that's another story. She's the best friend.

"Alright, settled down. Oh no, someone get Kevin!"

Victoria. She's a dance studio owner. She's always been the mom of the group. Being a year older than us during our days in NYU, we always for her age but she's the one who could make any arguement go away. 

"MY BOOO! It started when we were younger girl, you were mine, my boo~~~"

"Eww, Kevin! Get away not you, too.

No surprise there. This new creature clinging onto me. That's Kevin. Kevin and I were childhood best friends from California. He moved here after graduation and works for Korea Society. 

"AMBER, WE WILL SAVE YOU!"

Here comes the rest of the guys. Minho and Key are pulling Kevin off as Victoria's got Sulli in a hold. Like Sulli, Minho and Key are my brothers from another mother. They took care of me when I moved here. Having never lived in the East Coast or survive snow storms, they showed me the ropes. We went to NYU together and now work for the same capital firm but in different departments. Minho is actually her ex. And by her I mean-

"Hi guys, sorry if we're late. Kai was looking for a parking spot and had to get into a fight with someone."

"Babe, he was too slow. If he wanted the spot, he should've parked faster."

"Oh hey Amber, I haven't seen you in awhile."

That is Krystal. AKA. The one that got away. The one I had a "some" relationship for years. The one I still can't stop thinking about. We met during college when she was together with Minho. But that one month relationship ended and we just all became good friends until feelings were developed and hearts were broken. At the end, we just stopped talking. I only see her during our group hangouts.

We don't talk anymore, we don't talk anymore
We don't talk anymore, like we used to do
We don't love anymore
What was all of it for?
Oh, we don't talk anymore, like we used to do

 

 

The music was pounding and everyone was off in other areas of the bar/restaurant. I was staring into space from th

Please log in to read the full chapter