...

Dear You

Hey Seul! Um, I don't really know how to start this. Or to even word it right. Kyungsoo hyung helped me for a bit but he left for his filiming already so whatever you see on here, please don't hold it against me. It's 2AM now and I honestly don't know what I'm doing.

We entered the company at the same year in 2007 right? That was the first time I saw you, when you entered the practice room the day they let the new trainees in and I honestly thought you were ugly. Like, really ugly. I remember thinking how the heck you were let in the company when you looked like that though I was not in any place to call anyone ugly. You probably think I’m ugly too what with my huge nose and dark skin and thick lips. Don’t worry, I think so too. (I didn't mean for any of this to insult you holy crap I'm sorry if it did)

But being an idol has changed that. I no longer think I am ugly, but unique. I no longer think that I am too dark; I have the international fans to thank for that.

Idol life is not that great though. We don’t get enough privacy, we can’t go out and be ourselves, we can’t go out without bodyguards, we simply can’t go out.

Anyway, I’m drifting off-topic here.

You probably won’t even be able to read this but I have to at least try and write all this down before you debut (will I have to fight off boys now? Heh. Protective Boyfriend Big brother instincts just kicked in, sorry)

 

Remember that time I found you at the rooftop when everybody else was training? Because I do. I remember seeing you cry because you felt like your debut was taking too long. This was in year 2009, right? When Soojung and Jinri debuted? I remember you telling me to off when I tried to know why you were crying. I remember you telling me how it was so unfair that they get to debut first. But Seulgi, Soojoung entered the company in 2006 and Jinri in 2005.

You then punched me in the shoulder so hard I actually stumbled when I told you that. I remember you just standing by the railing and looking up, you heaved a big sigh and asked me if all this was worth it. Was training until your body wore out worth it? Was watching all your trainee friends come and go worth it? Were the tears we shed when we were reprimanded for not training right, worth it?

It is. I can tell you that the five years I spent training was definitely worth it. The deafening screams of the fans, the exhilarating experience of actually performing on a stage as fans chanted your name, performing with your own members, seeing your name in banners and fansigns; it’s all worth it if you get to experience it all. It helped shape who I am as a performer and I am grateful I never left the company. I also had Taemin to thank for, you know. I think you do. You used to tease us that we were a married couple.

 

Your debut is nearing now Seulgi. I am actually listening to the four of you practice in that practice room with the ridiculous cloud background as I write this. In a week, you’re gonna stand on that debut stage in colorful outfits, your make-up done prettily and other things. Oh wow, I can feel my chest tighten at the thought of you being an idol. Don’t worry, it’s a good feeling.

I’m not worried about your debut at all because I know you will nail it. All those hours you’ve spent training with Juhyeon-noona years ago will pay off as soon as you see the lights and cameras pointed at you on stage.

 

You’d probably think this is too weird of me to write you a letter like this. Sehun did. He even laughed at me, calling me a wuss and other names I don’t feel comfortable writing down. (Joonmyun-hyung wacked him upside the head for it haha.)

You, Juhyeon-noona, and the two trainees Seungwan and Sooyoung, go have fun on stage, alright?

 

So, I guess that’s it.

I love you

Good luck on your debut!

 

Jongin

...


A/N: I am so excited for Red Velvet's debut you guys and I already ship Seulgi and Kai xD (I also ship Irene and Suho :3 and Joy and Sehun. Basically I ship VELVEXO huehuehue) 

This was actually inspired by a cute photo I found of predebut Seulgi and Jongin xD

CUTE RIGHT? XD so yeah, I will probably write more about them huehuehue 

Thanks for reading! ^^