Will You Take Me Back?

Misunderstanding - Sunggyu

A few months later, you were still at Yuri’s house, after meeting up with them at the Rainbow Talon on that night that Sunggyu and you left each other, she took you into her house and took care of you just like a best friend would.

"Do you want to come with me to the beach?" Yuri asked as she fixed her hair in the hallway mirror.

"No thanks, I think I will just stay here" You replied, flipping over another page in your book that you wrote all of your memories about Sunggyu.

"Come on, you have been cooped up inside for too long, you need a little fresh air and some fresh guys to look at" She pulled on your arm gently

"Sunggyu won’t be there right?" You questioned softly.

"He isn’t coming with us" Yuri reassured, nodding your head that you would go, she let you change into your bathing suit and she pulled your hair back in a cute hairdo. Pulling over a t shirt you headed out the door with her.

Meeting up with Nia and Hana, all four of you headed off the the beach for the beautiful day ahead of you. With the bright sun hanging over you and the azure sky happily kissing the horizon, and with not a cloud in sight, you smiled feeling the warm sensation of pure sunlight on your skin. Your hair blowing in the wind with the top down in Hana’s convertible,  lifting your eyes up to the sky you slipped on your sunglasses and stretched your arms up out of the car.

"Enjoying yourself?" Yuri leaned over and asked seeing a smile on your face for the first time in weeks.

"So far so good" You gave her a cute thumbs up causing her to giggle.

Hana pulled into a parking space at the edge of the beach, getting out, you helped with the towels and bags that the other girls had brought.

The warm sand moved under your feet as the girls and you picked up your pace as the warm sand turned hot quite quickly. Running to an empty spot on the beach, all of you threw down a towel and piled on top of it. Feeling relieved from the hot sand the four of you started to laugh and giggle together at your silly antics.

Once all four of you had your towels laid out and a healthy amount of sunblock on each of you, Hana and Nia pulled their sunglasses over their face and waited for the sun to do it’s thing. Laying on your stomach, you read your book on the sand enjoying the change of scenes from the living room couch.

"Come on grandpa" Hoya called as he threw a ball over his way.

"Today is going to be fun!" Dongwoo chimed, turning on the warm sand as he skipped to keep up with Hoya.

"It is going to take your mind off of ________" Woohyun hung an arm around Sunggyu as he just held his head down low, Sungyeol chest bumped the ball over away from him as he kicked it back to Hoya.

"I haven’t been able to take my mind off of her, though" Sunggyu sighed and rounded his shoulders.

"Then take this time to look at other girls" Woohyun winked and Myungsoo pushed him playfully to tell him to be quiet.

All seven of them walked along the shoreline, trying to find a good place to play with their ball that they brought.

"Hey Hyung, doesn’t that look like ________?" Sungjong tapped his shoulder and pointed to a girl that was laying on her stomach, her hair over one shoulder and her head gently bopping to music that played through her black ear phones that contrasted against your large shirt that draped over your body.

Sunggyu looked over at you while your eyes lifted to see a ball rolling your way, picking it up and handing it to Hoya, you smiled and talked with him for a moment as Sunggyu just watched you, his heartstrings were pulled tight as he watched a gentle smile curl onto your lips. All of the pain of missing you came back and hit him hard, resting his hand on his chest, he watched you as Hoya gently ruffled your hair and you pushed his hand away playfully.

Your eyes moved over all of the members that were soon around you, catching up with them you glanced at the guy standing in the distance. Seeing that it was Sunggyu you dropped your eyes and marked your book, excusing yourself, you got up and walked over to the shaved ice stand and waited in line while you decided on what you should order.

"Go over to her!" Hoya pointed over to you waiting in line.

"Why, we both broke up" Sunggyu reminded them

"That doesn’t mean that you two can’t get back together." Myungsoo nudged Sunggyu’s shoulder

"Besides you two didn’t break up, you just took a break" Dongwoo corrected as he drew in the wet sand with his finger.

"She doesn’t want to see me" Sunggyu retorted, moving on his feet uneasily.

"She misses you" Yuri spoke up and looked up at the group of boys. "She has been waiting for you to talk to her about what happened that night" She clarified.

"Perfect! Just go talk to her Hyung!" Woohyun pushed him in your direction. Hoya joined in and pushed Sunggyu over to the shaved ice stand that you were standing in line for.

"H-H-Hi" Sunggyu held up his hand and waved at you, your head turned, Woohyun and Hoya ran back to the others as they watched the scene play out.

"Hello" You turned your head to read the menu.

"C-Can I talk to you?" He asked reaching out with his hand but retracted it thinking he was moving too fast, he rubbed the back of his neck instead. Nodding your head, you dropped your eyes while you cocked one of your legs while your toes drew figures in the sand.

"I want to talk about the night you left" Sunggyu looked at you and brushed his fingers against your exposed arms.

"What about it?" You questioned before you ordered and moved aside as you paid for it and waited.

"Every night since then, I have gone over that night over and over again in my mind." He started as your order got handed to you, "I have talked with my members about this to death…."

"And?" You questioned him looking up at him as you took another bite of your cool treat.

"When you left, you left all of your albums behind and a scrapbook of all of your concerts and fan meetings that you attended. I was looking through them and discovered that you hadn’t missed any event that I was attending. All of the gifts that you gave me, all of the time you spent waiting in line, that was love, waiting for me even though I wouldn’t see you for hours, that is love." Sunggyu gently tilted your head up to look at your eyes, "I am sorry that I ever doubted that you loved me. I am really sorry, I shouldn’t have let you leave."

"Sunggyu, you should know that I was imitating Nia, she hates your music and I was defending you" You confessed, "I didn’t mean to hurt you or to wait for you to contact me" You quietly added

Sunggyu waited a while before you looked back up at him, his eyes met yours with a smile that he saved for you.

"Will you be my girlfriend again?" He proposes

"Can I let you know?" You asked looking down at your melting treat

"Sure, let’s enjoy the day today then you can let me know" He slid his hands into his swim short pockets.

"Thank you" You smiled and started to walk back to the group with Sunggyu by your side.

"I never stopped loving you" Sunggyu confessed quietly as both of you approached the group, slowing your pace he stole a kiss from your cheek and started blushing.

"I know, I haven’t either" You confessed before Infinite came over and persuaded all of you to go into the cool water.

Spending more time with the guys then your girl friends, you all enjoyed your day, playing in the water, with the ball with a four on four game and building the biggest sand castle with Sunggyu in the sand castle contest.

However when the sun started to set, the girls were putting away all of their things as they called you to come with them.

"I have to go Sunggyu" You looked up at him as you started to pull away, although your hand was clasped with his.

"I’ll let you go when you tell me what your answer is to my question" He brought it up again in case you forgot. 

A silence accompanied the lapping waves as Infinite raced back to their van, Sunggyu turned his head and watched them run back. Ceasing the opportunity, you kissed his cheek and then pulled away abruptly.

"What was that for?" He covered his cheek with his hand as he snapped his head back over to you.

"That was your answer" You started to blush

"Was that a goodbye kiss or a ‘yes’ kiss?" Sungygu looked at you confused

"A ‘yes’ kiss"