Misunderstanding

Misunderstanding - Sunggyu

Usually with girl’s day out, you would all go to a restaurant or someplace other than you home, but with your favorite restaurant closed due to remodeling, you both decided to come over to your place since it was closer to the city if you both decided to go into town.

One conversation molded from one subject to another, with you and only your closest friends only in attendance, your conversation turned to your boyfriend once on the subject of music.

"I hate Sunggyu’s music" One of your friends, Nia, added to the list of artists that you all weren’t fond of.

"How do you hate Sunggyu’s music?" You looked over at her, seriously curious as to why she would say something like that.

"It is just really slow and he over emotionalizes everything" She moved her fingers through the M&M’s just trying to find the yellow ones that she thought tasted the best.

"It is full of emotion and passion" One of your other girl friends, Hana, stepped in noticing your uncomfortable body language.

"No it isn’t he just closes his eyes and does hand motions" Nia shot while she did some of his movements before she pushed a few chocolate candies between her lips

"Have you heard a song of just him singing?" You questioned, knowing that people usually judge before they hear the off stream songs that were listed on his album

"No" Nia quietly peeped

"Then how can you say that you hate Sunggyu’s music?" You probed, grabbing a handful of the chocolate candies and started to slip them between your lips.

"When did I say that?" Nia quickly changed roles, not wanting to make a scene, or continue this conversation.

"Just now, you said ‘I hate Sunggyu’s music’" You imitated her, but her eyes went wide when she saw someone standing in the doorway. Turning around you saw the one man in your life, Kim Sunggyu.

"Hey~" You chimed, waving at you and to Nia, Hana, and Yuri, he slipped off his shoes and hung up his coat from the chilly afternoon rain that had just passed.

"Don’t mind me, go back to your girls party" He told you quietly, straining a smile as he moved quickly up the stairs to your shared bedroom.

"Is something going on between the two of you?" Yuri quietly questioned, noticing Sunggyu’s body language.

"We are doing really well, he might have just had a rough day" You tore your eyes away from the slightly closed door that he was behind and turned back to your girls party.

Hours passed as the chit chat about boys and kdrama’s and movies took over, talking about prospective boyfriends for your other friends and the cute actors that you watched on the screen. You couldn’t help but worry about Sunggyu, wondering what happened in his day, but you knew that he would want you to enjoy the limited time with your friends.

So when everyone had decided on going to get some dinner, you backed out and told everyone that you would rather stay here with Sunggyu.

"Okay, but if you change your mind, we will be at the Rainbow Talons" Yuri told you with a small smile. Nodding your head you watched everyone gather their things, and give you a hug before heading out the door.

Once the door was closed behind them, your apartment turned quiet again, and you made your way over to start cleaning up from the party. Placing empty bowls in a stack, you mixed some of the candies together and put them in your candy jar on the counter top by the sink.

"So they are gone?" Sunggyu called from the top of the stairs. Nodding your head, you hummed.

"It is safe to come down now" You chuckled and carried over the bowls, placing the crackers back in their baggies and slipped the dishes into the sink as warm water slowly ran over them.

Sunggyu made his way downstairs, picking up some of the empty bowls he placed them on the peninsula counter and you placed them in the sink.

"Did you have a hard day today?" You broke the silence between the two of you as he just shook his head and slightly pursed his lips. Sitting at a bar stool, he brought his hands up and leaned over the counter top, his fingers playing with the couple ring that hugged his thumb tightly.

"What was with the cold appearance then?" You probed, starting the dishes and washing them as the soap bubbles around your fingers.

"I think you know why" He grumbled deeply.

"What do you mean?" You asked, looking over at him as he lifted up his head and his lips trying to buy him time to find the right words.

"My music" He whispered trying to give you a hint

"What about it?" You questioned, your mind being turned back to that small conversation between you and your friends.

"You hate my music don’t you" He stated, trying to remain calm while his voice slightly cracked.

"No, when did I ever say that" You turned to him as his eyes looked up at you and got wide.

"I don’t even know why I try" Sunggyu got up from his seat and started walking towards the stairs.

"Wait" You called, quickly drying off your hands and turning off the water you ran over to him with the towel still in your hands.

"What" Sunggyu turned around on the second stair and looked at you.

"I didn’t say that I hated your music" You clearified

"Oh yeah… way to lie to my face" He shot at you, his voice growing in anger and volume.

"I’m not lying, you know that I love your music, you know that." You moved closer to him, desperately trying to clear this up.

"It was just an act, you just wanted to have an idol as your boyfriend." He pointed to you as his words pierced your heart. "You don’t love me" He mumbled while you felt tears swell in your eyes.

"I do! I love you" You tried to hold on to anything that you could, ringing the towel between your hands.

"I think we should bre-" Sunggyu started, his head dropping but you quickly cut him off

"I don’t want to break up with you, let’s just put this on hold for a little bit." You proposed desperately.

"Like… just take some time away from each other?" Sunggyu clarified, your head dropped and nodded.

"Okay" He agreed

"I’ll stay with my friends for a while" You told him like it mattered

Passing him the towel, quickly packing up your things you stuffed them all in your duffel and all of your things that you needed for the time being and put those into a backpack. Moving past him, you tried to hold your tears back, quickly slipping on your shoes you looked back up at Sunggyu who turned his back and walked up the stairs to the bedroom and closed the door. Knowing that this was over between the two of you, you grabbed your things and headed out the door, slamming it hard after you.