Final

Hero/Heroine (Sequel to Gotta Be Somebody)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 Pitter Patter...

 Splash!...

 BOOM!...

 CRACK!...

 

Naeun was asleep while she tossed and the bed, feeling sweat all over her body. She kept murmuring words that was hard to understand as you can see more sweat form on her forehead. She then started kicking making the covers go off her.

 

 AFter a few minutes, she stopped making silence into the air. But that didn't mean it was gonna last...

 

 CRACK!!

 

 This time, the thunder got louder making Naeun flinch in her sleep.

 

 BOOM!!!

 

 "AHHHHH!" Naeun jolted up from her bed, loudly sobbing as the rain and thunder got worse. She hugged her knees, crying on her arms.

 

 "Naeun!" said a voice. The door was quickly opened, revealing a tall, young, handsome man, Kai. He opened the door seeing Naeun on the bed, loudly crying while hugging her knees which completely broke his heart seeing her like this. Looking fragile and vurnerable.

 

He quickly went towards her, pulling her into his arms as if he will never let go. 

 

 "K-Kai," Naeun tried to say while crying, but failed.

 

 "It's gonna be okay," he said as he her hair.

 

 "I-I s-saw it a-again!" This time, she started to hiccup as she tried to speak.

 

 "Shhh," he whispered, trying to calm her down.

 

 "I-It's. All. My. F-fault!" As she said one word, a hiccup came making it worse and making Naeun cry even harder than before.

 

 Kai sighed knowing her problem, or should I say "nightmare." that's been haunting her ever since this-so-apocalypse-happened. Kai blames himself almost every night knowing he can't do aything about it. He even asked Naeun if he should sleep with her just in case, but then she felt bad. Kai always having to put up with her. And ends up getting dark circles under his eyes the next morning. So she said no, because this time she thought she'll control it..or not.

 

 He cupped her face making her look at him. "Listen, it's not your fault. They were gonna die anyway." The way Naeun looked at him, almost made him broke down. 

 

Her face was wet with hot, streaming tears. Eyes getting swollen and red. Worst was, looking deep inside her eyes. He can see that it was in-need of help. He then used his eyes to wipe the tears away.

 

 "It'll get better, I promise," he said looking at her in the eyes. She slowly nodded.

 

 "Now, you should get some sleep," he said slowly getting off the bed.

 

 Before he could, he felt a hand on his wrist. "Please stay," Naeun said with big, pleading eyes. Kai slight smiled and walked towards her.

 

 Once he got on the bed, he pulled Naeun close to him so she was practically sitting on his lap. He then started to gently swing his body side and side as if she was a baby. He her hair when he saw she was slowly closing her eyes.

 

 "Kai," she whispered on his shoulder.

 

 "Hmm?"

 

 "Please to always stay by my side."

 

 "Under one condition."

 

 "What?"

 

 "Always stay by my side."

 

 "Promise?"

 

 "Promise."

 

 Next thing you knew, the two silently went to sleep, embracing each other as the sound of thunder echo the night...

 

 

 

 The next day came by and the two got up getting their belongings, getting ready to start the day. The two went to the convenience store to get snacks as they continued their journey. 

 

 "Naeun, you shouldn't keep eating those junk food and eat something healthy," Kai said taking out in apple.

 

 She rolled her eyes "It's not like anyone's gonna care."

 

 "I care."

 

 "That's different."

 

 "No."

 

 "Yes."

 

 "How?" she said raising her eyebrows.

 

 "Because I'm human too, and you keep eating those junk food which are bad for your body." he said taking a bite out of an apple.

 

 She gasped. "Are you trying to say I'm fat?"

 

 Kai's eyes widen "No!-"

 

  "Oh, I see how it is! You like girls with a nice body and that are beautiful..unlike me" Naeun mumbled.

 

 "Naeun, that's not what I meant. I-"

 

 "Yeah right.." she said turning her back to him.

 

 She then felt arms wrapped around her waist. "You didn't let me finish," she heard him whisper.

 

 "What I'm trying to say is, I'm worried about you. I'm worried you can get sick or die! Then you'll leave me behind.."

 

 Naeun sighed knowing what Kai said was right. But her heart starte to flutter when Kai continued.

 

 "And just so you know, you are beautiful and I like your body the way it is," he said smiling at her.

 

 Just to make it clear, the two of them are not dating if you're wondering. They're also not really friends. They both know their obvious feelings for each other, but for some reason they're not dating even thought they act like it. So none dating or friends. Does that make sense? Let's just say, in the middle.

 

 The two went out feeling the hot air hit them as they start to walk through the dead city.

 

 "Kai."

 

 "Hm?"

 

 "Do you think there's a cure?"

 

 "What do you mean?"

 

 "Something that can stop all of this."

 

 "I mean, I'm guessing but maybe so."

 

 "Wanna try to find it?" Naeun said smiling a little bit while turning her head to him.

 

 He turn to her. "Nope."

 

 Naeun's jaw dropped. "Why not?"

 

 "Because-"

 

 "Because?" she interuppted.

 

 "Because what's the point of finding the 'cure' when most these people are dead anyway?"

 

 "Who knows, there could be some."

 

 He raised his eyebrows "Some. Plus we might even risk our lives even if we try."

 

 "So are you saying a person is behind all of these?"

 

 "Not exactly, I mean wouldn't that person show up by now? And why would that person do something so horrible?"

 

 "Revenge?"

 

 "For?"

 

 "Stuff.."

 

 "Really? Stuff?"

 

 "Yup."

 

 "You're being too much."

 

 "I am not, I'm just saying. Pl-" before she continued, Kai quickly held on her wrist making her stop.

 

 She looked Kai and saw what he was looking at. She widen her eyes when she saw there was a pair of bloody creatures slowly limping around. She looked at him wondering what they should do. He looked at her "Let's move." The two quietly went the opposite direction. But luck wasn't on their side. One of the creatures head perked up smelling fresh blood making the other do the same. They then spotted Kai and Naeun who wasn't that far from them.

 

 "Kai." Naeun whispered when she noticed they were spotted.

 

 He looked at them finally noticing they were spotted. In a flash, the two creatures quickly ran to them creating all kinds of noises that could attrack more.

 

 Thanks to Kai's fast reflexes, he took out his gun and started shooting. Naeun also did the same, but then, she see's from a far away distance more was coming.

 

 "Kai!" she yelled.

 

 Once he was done finishing them off he turned to her. "What?"

 

 She gulped and point to the far away distance seeing more come in. "Great," Kai muttered.

 

 He took her hand and ran. They then stopped to catch their breathes when they were near. Kai quickly took two guns out shooting them while Naeun was doing the same. They pretty much had their backs against each other as more kept coming in and the sound of a gun shot was heard, echoing through the city.

 

 Kai started to panick when he was starting to run out of bullets. He then spotted a cane near him and picked it up, roughly hitting them. Naeun looked worried when she also noticed she was running out, but she then saw Kai also ran out. She finished the creature she was shooting and saw there was only a few left. She looked where Kai was and her heart started beating fast when she see's it's on top of him. Luckily, Kai was strong enough to keep it's mouth away from him. She was about to run over there when a creature was in front of her. It jumped on her causing her to fall back on the ground. She quickly took the end of her gun and hit it on its head. She then kicked it off her making her roll back on her feet. Not wanting to waste bullets, she took out her knife and roughly dug her knife in it's eye. As it's knees hit the floor, she then breathed for air while crushing its head with her foot. She again, see's another one heading for her.

 

 "Kai!" She screamed. She threw him over the gun making him shoot the thing off of him.

 

 As she was about to use her knife, it quickly made her drop the knife out of her hands. Naeun decided to kick it's knees making it kneel on the ground. She spots the cane Kai was using that he dropped and took it, hardly knocking it out. As she see's Kai killing his, she puts her hands on her knees, panting.

 

 She then went to pick up her knife and went to him. As she was about to walk to him he quickly yelled. "Duck!" She reacted doing what she was told and ducked hearing a gun shot behind her. She squints her eyes as she see's something also moving behind him.

 

 "Move!" she said getting up. She took out her knife, she picked up, and threw it hitting a moving figure behind him. (A/N I got that part from Resident Evil, so credit to them xD)

 

 Kai turned around, impressed. "Nice hit." Naeun just shrugged and went to pick up her knife, that was now covering in more blood. Kai and her started to cringe their noses smelling the rotten smell of 13 dead bodies around them. Now that they think about it, they looked at their clothes seeing blood splattered on to them. 

 

 Naeun groaned. "And we just got these," she whined, pouting.

 

 "Hey, at least you're wearing black, while I'm wearing white," Kai said looking at his white and now red clothes. Naeun tilted her head thinking it was true on how she was just wearing a black, thick tank top with just shorts. And Kai was wearing a a white shirt that was now splattered in blood , along with his jeans. Let's just say, this is what they normally like to wear. Naeun likes to wear thick tank tops that makes her comforable like Kai, but just T-Shirts instead with jeans and not shorts. Plus Kai doesn't mind since he get's a good look on her good body. That he doesn't want to admit

 

 "We should go get more bullets," Naeun said turning to him. He nodded agreeing and the two just walked casually as if nothing just happened a few minutes ago.

 

 They soon arrived smelling the hard, medolic smell in the weapons store. They took new ones replacing them with their old o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter