Final

Late At Night

I raised my cup with still warm coffee and as I was sitting on a not too big couch, I kept watching his next movements. I jumped a bit, feeling the pain of sore muscles of sitting in one position for a few hours. The boy who was standing in the middle of the room paid no attention to me, when slowly balancing with hot drink I strightened my legs, leaned against the back of the couch while I was sipping on my coffee, trying not to fall asleep.

 He had been dancing for a few hours – I couldn’t say when he started and how much tired he was. Only his sweaty shirt and wet hair let me guessed but expression of unwavering determination still didn’t disappear from his dark eyes. He kept repeating every move countless times, till the moment when his body remembered and mechanically, without thinking, do what it has to do. He turned back and played the song again.

 I always enjoyed watching him during practices – he became then totally different self, and then he really was Kai, that y, admired Kai about whom girls were dreaming all around the world. Sometimes an honor of watching him was almost unreal – I had to pinch myself to realize that he’s as real as my coffee and quiet running laptop. I looked at the screen checking the hour and sighed involuntarily. 1:47 AM.

 “You’re sleepy” he said suddenly and with a suprise I noticed that he was looking at me. He moved closer and I had to lift my head up, awkwardly getting up from a half-lying position. Coffee trembled dangerously but before it splited he had catched it and drunk some. “You should go to sleep.”

 “Look who’s talking” I said a bit ironically when he smiled and squated beside me. As always his sudden change suprised and now, instead of that incredible handsome dancer was a smiling tired boy you had known for all of your life and who, as you remember, fell down from a tree straight into the hedge. He was back again to that caring funny Jongin who didn’t want to give me back my coffee. “As I remember, you’re the one who is filming new MV tommorow, huh?”

 “We’re going to start filming at the afternoon so I still have a lot of time for sleep” He shrugged his arms. “But you, if you won’t go out right now, you’ll fall asleep here and I’ll have to make excuses why they found a girl sleeping in my practice room, drooling on the couch.”

“I do not drool!” I answered, slightly mad, but he only laughed out loud and drunk again my coffee as if it was bought for him. “And give it back, you don’t like latte.”

“At this time even your latte full of sugar is good” He shrugged again. “Give me 10 more minutes and let’s get out of here, okay? And really, don’t drink too much coffee, it’s unhealthy.”

 Before I could say anything he turned back and threw empty paper cup into corner rubbish bin and when he with a shout of victory the music. Meanwhile, too iritated to even look at him I put on my old sneakers. I turned around on couch for a few times looking for my jacket and when I found it under pile of sweaty clothes I took it, smell and with a bit of disgust put on myself. I have to wash it again. Standing near doors I watched how Kai is finishing choreography with few strong movements and satisfied turned off music and then, pulling his hoodie, rushing into my direction.

“You look almost like a girl today” he said smiling a little when he took his training bag and opened the door. “But wait, no, you’re closer to panda with those dark circles under your eyes. Maybe you should start dating Tao?” He started laughing again.

“Shut up” I snapped and hit his arm which only turned laugh into quiet giggle. “I hate you, and your sick sense of humour."

“Oh, come on” he said and hugged me gently. “Admit, that you’re madly in love with it and you’re happy about every moment spent with me.”

“Jongin you idiot, move away, you stink!”