PROLOGUE

Love Counselor

 

PROLOGUE - THE LOVE COUNSELOR

 


 

“Good luck with it, Minyoung-ssi!”

Yixing finished his counseling session of the day. It was no different than any other days. Yixing had heard hundreds stories of one-sided love, too shy to confess, falling in love with their best friend and other cliché romance stories he would have got bored by now. As much as the Chinese male wanted to leave his 'job', he found that helping people out of their stupidity about love was pretty amusing. That was pretty much Yixing’s reason to stay. Nonetheless, he enjoyed talking to people he didn’t really know about their problems and giving them advices that surprisingly worked.

Zhang Yixing was popular, everyone knew him. Yixing the dancer, Yixing the polite student, Yixing the prince charming, Yixing the love counselor; those were only half of the nicknames the school’s population gave him. Unfortunately or fortunately, they had no idea about ‘Yixing was a lazy ’ and ‘Yixing was an idiot’. But of course, those sides were only for Luhan to know.

Yixing never thought running a pretty weird club would make him popular. He even swore the club was going to be banned soon after it was opened by the principal because no one would want enter the love counseling room except for himself (and maybe the janitor that was going to clean the room but it was not counted). But it happened anyway and Yixing actually got several direct non indirect confessions from his ‘admirers’. He sighs. He really didn’t want to deal with it.

Yixing’s life consisted of going to school, listening to some old men’s lectures about Joseon Dynasty and also about some platypus that he didn’t really give a damn and then he would be in his counseling room and then went home, doing a routine like a normal human being. Yixing definately didn't like his life.

“Get your stuffs together and let’s leave,” the pretty caramel haired boy with his school bag already slumped on his shoulder said.

Yixing sighed. “Okay,” he replied shortly before getting his own bag and left the room with Luhan.

Okay, maybe next time, hopefully.

 

 

Yixing stopped at a small and cozy restaurant a few kilometers away from his school. He was a regular customer, all the workers there at least acknowledged him as a regular customer. The old lady who owned the place would give him a discount or maybe a bonus and Yixing was not going to reject her kindness.

“Oh Yixing-ssi, you are here!” the girl chirped. It was Jiyeon, one of the workers that Yixing usually chatted with.

Yixing gave her a kind smile and waved a little before heading to his usual table- unless it was now occupied by an unfamiliar handsome guy that seemed to go to the same school as him. The uniform he wore said it all.

Yixing frowned. After all of these time, Yixing’s spot was like, reserved for him only. No one had ever sat on his usual table when he came, unless it was crowded. Yixing had no choice and decided to sit on the table exactly next to his usual one.

“One kimchi spaghetti please. Oh and, mineral water,” he told Jiyeon and the girl noted down his order immediately then disappeared to the kitchen.

Yixing kept glancing at the boy next to him. He hadn’t seen him around.

Is he a new student? Or it’s just me not paying attention to others?

Yixing really didn’t need to do this but-

“Are you new?”

The guy looked up from his phone and turned to Yixing, giving him a puzzled look. “Huh? Are you talking to me?”

There is no one other than you here. “Yes,” he replied, slightly irritated with the newbie.

The guy seemed confused for a second but when he found that Yixing was wearing the same uniform like him, he smiled shyly. “If you are talking about school, yes, I just moved to SM High just a month ago.”

Yixing nodded. He didn’t really want to know actually but why did he keep asking?  “What’s your name?”

The guy smiled again. It was not an ordinary smile; it was a pretty smile by the way. “I’m Kim Joonmyeon, you are?”

“Zhang Yixing.”

There was an awkward pause between the two and it would continue forever if Jiyeon didn’t come and bring Joonmyeon’s order. “Enjoy!” she smiled to him and left the two.

Joonmyeon didn’t say anything and stuffed his phone back in his pocket then began to eat his bibimbap. Yixing would sometimes steal a few glances at the guy with pretty smile. He couldn’t help it, the guy was utterly gorgeous.

 


 

AUTHOR'S CORNER
hiii. this is lame huh? yes. true. : - (