Chapter 1

The thoughts from the dead

Sirens could be heard from the outside and locals were surrounding the house from the outside.  Kris was running as fast as he could, trying to catch up. His heart was beating rapidly and he was breathless, he didn’t care that his body is aching—he cared about what’s happening at her place.

 

As he arrived, he went through the crowd “Get out of my way!” “Excuse me!” “Move over!” he yelled as he pushed himself through the crowd. He arrived in front of the house but the police there stopped him from going further. “You can’t go further kid.” Kris gritted his teeth and clenched his fist. “I can go through where ever the hell i want!” He barked and pushed the cop aside as he barged in the house. He could hear the police officer shouting at him but that doesn’t matter. He eyed the whole house and decided to run upstairs. After he got the call, he came as fast as he could before things got ugly. He stopped in front of her room and turned door knob. No use, it’s locked. He decided to push the door down—with all his might he kicked the door several times and the door fell with a loud thump.

 

He looked around, the room was clean. Except the carpets that was full of blood trails. The trails of blood ended at the bathroom door, Kris didn’t need to think twice—he didn’t need to know what’s happening inside the bathroom. He opened the bathroom and saw a body of a girl, pale and dying. With a bottle of rat poison in her hand and her wrists cut open. “No…” Kris muttered under his breath and carried the pale body out of the bathroom. He ran downstairs and went outside “HELP! SHE’S DYING!” he yelled. The nurses and doctors went out of the ambulance with a stretcher rushed to them. Kris slowly place the dying body on the stretcher and went inside the ambulance with her. He didn’t mind the blood messing up his shirt, all that matter is the girl’s life is in danger. He held her hand tight after the nurse had cover her cuts with a bandage. He tried to hold back his tears and he kept praying that god will save her life, after all she’s all he had.

 

He was angry, sad and frustrated. His feelings got all mixed up together. His eyes we’re fixed on the girl’s pale face. You don’t deserve this… You don’t deserve this at all. His tears fall on her cheeks, her body didn’t move at all—her eyes were closed shut. Her pink lips lose colour and her skin was getting dull. He held her hand tighter and started to cry. He sobbed and sniff quietly beside her and his heart never stopped praying for her. If she’s gone, he had nothing to live for.

 

As they’ve arrived at the hospital, she was rushed into the emergency room. Kris couldn’t go further, he took a last look at her and watched as the nurses and doctors took her inside the ward. Kris threw himself on the hair and rubbed his face, he was very stressed with the situation. He heard footsteps walking towards him and he turned his head. He saw the girl’s only best friend rushing towards him and stopped to catch her breath. “Is she alright?” She asked. Kris exhaled heavily and shook his head slowly, he rubbed his face again and pulled his hair back. The girl sat beside him and held his shoulder, her tears fell on the ground. “Jessie…” Kris murmured slowly but loud enough for only Jessie to hear. “Yes, kris?” Jessie responded and wiped her tears. “I miss her already…”

“I’m sure that she’s alright. She’s a strong girl after all she’s been through.” Jessie consoled Kris while rubbing her hand on Kris’s shoulder. “But not strong enough to avoid the temptations of suicide.” Kris added. Jessie bit her lower lip and nodded, what Kris is saying was true. They waited patiently for the red lights to turn green, after a long while Kris became impatient and frustrated. “What the is taking so long? I want to see her now!” Kris muttered and stood up furiously. Jessie had a good grip on his arm and told him to stay calm and sit down. Kris took deep breaths and sat down, he buried his face in his palms.

 

His heart was beating fast and he was worried to death, he thought that he’ll give his life up for her. After a few long hours, the lights on the emergency room turned off. Both of them stood up and waited for the doctors to come out with the results. They saw a doctor walk out of the room pulling down his doctor’s mask.

 

“How’s my friend doctor? Is she still alive?” Jessie asked with her stuttering voice. Kris breathed in and out slowly, hoping for something good.  Both eyes are focused on the doctor waiting for the doctor’s response. 

 

By then Kris knew, by the looks from the doctor’s face—Something was not right. But he still had his hopes high and prayers going, the doctor finally spoke…

 

“The patient…She’s very… Unstable.”

 


 

A/N: Yes, yes a very short chapter and plus a cliffhanger.. Do comment and tell me what you think =)