Sick

The butterflies

What? What did I say to him?

“What did you say to him?” Sungjong was standing right behind you, looking confused.

“I don’t know. He asked for my name, and I said that my name was ------.”

“Hmm that’s a little strange.”

“Well, you should clean his table. We have new customers.”

He didn’t come back that day.

You put the ‘closed’ sign on the door and locked it after turning all the light off. You looked around for the last time, but he wasn’t in view.

Next day you woke up and felt really bad. You had gotten yourself a bad influenza. Sunny had to go to work, but before she left she said that if happen anything, you should call her.

You called Sungjong and told him, that you had influenza and had to stay at home today.

At 2 PM your phone rang again.

“Hello. It’s ------“

“Hi, It’s… Taemin”

“Lee Taemin?” You asked confused. You didn’t know anyone else named Taemin.

“Yes… This is Taemin”

“Okay, hi Taemin. How did you get my number?”

“The guy in the café- Sungjong right? – gave it to me.”

“O-kay.”

“Why aren’t you at work today?” You heard him saying

“I got the flue.”

“That’s ” You could almost hear him smile

“Yeah, it does. Why did you call anyways? Oh wait, the doorbell is ringing. Hold on.”

You put the featherbed around yourself and walked out to the entrance hall with the phone in your hand. You opened the door and did really not expect Taemin to stand there. But he did, with his phone in his hand and a smile on his face. You went weak in your knees.

“Hi.” He said, still smiling.

“What are you smiling at?” You exclaimed, but regretted it the exact same moment.

“I… don’t know?”

“Well what are you doing here?” you asked. It wasn’t meant to be rude, but it sounded like that.

“I… I wanted to apologize for what I did yesterday. You know, leaving without saying a word.”

“Apology accepted. And you did say a word, it was like: Eh, I have to go.”

“I’m sorry. Can I come in?”

“Can you hold on for a moment?”

“That’s actually what I’m doing right now.” He said and lifted the hand with the cellphone in it.

You smiled and said:

“I have to put some stuff away, so you at least can see the floor. So please, stay out here until I come again.”

You didn’t wait for an answer. You just closed the door and looked around. Panic!. All over the apartment were old socks and pizza leftovers.

Fahk

It took about five minutes to hide it all under the bed and in the wardrobe.

You heard Taemin from the other side for the door:

“Eh… are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine. You can come in now.”

He opened the door like he was expecting a monster to attack him, and it made you laugh hard.

“Come in, you fool, I’m not biting!”

He stood and looked at you once again, smiling.

“Eh.. Do you want tea?”

“Yeah. All right, tea would be cool.”

“Act like you’re home. Sit down?”

He sat down and looked at you, who had begun making tea. When you were done, you sat down with him at the uncomfortable chairs. He looked around for a minute but then looked back at you smiling.

“What is it?” You asked.”

“I like the fact that you are wearing a featherbed.”

You felt your face blush and looked down into the ground.

“Well, I didn’t expect you to come”

“Neither did I”

What the frick is that supposed to mean?

“What.. What do you mean about that?

“I don’t know, I mean… showing up here… it was a spontaneous thought.”