Importance.

Mission: Subject Transfer

They ended up in the lobby of a nearby hotel. Byunghun, strangely, seemed interested in practically everything. The decor, the flooring, the passersby, who gave strange glances at the boy when he'd stare at them for at least three seconds, everything was appealing to his senses. The , on the other hand, remained situated at the front counter, just trying to get a room for them both. He had to admit it was tiring, and he was sure Byunghun was worn out as well. After all, he had went through a frenzy of running, then endured the electricity from the collar. Despite these, however, his grin still stretched from each side of his cheeks at just the simple fact of being here, and not in the lab. 

When his collar became a chore to wear, or irritating, Byunghun finally made his way to the counter beside the stranger, "What are we waiting for?" His eyes studied everything on the counter as well as the woman who occupied it. She gave a small smile.

The nudged Byunghun to take his arms off the counter, and the boy complied with a sort of scowl, "Getting us a room. I figured you're tired so we'll actually begin the trip tomorrow."

The male didn't protest, finding a liking to the new plan. If it'd delay the delivery process, he was more than okay with it. It was clear on his expression as well, and the took note of it to question him about it later. Even though it wasn't his business to know why or where he was accompanying this boy, there was something about Byunghun that made things interesting.

The woman returned his credit card after having it processed along with a different card, which was the key to their suite. Once they made their way inside, after having to practically drag Byunghun out of the elevator, the stranger settled himself onto the rather large bed. "Why are you so interested in everything? Have you never been in a hotel?" He questioned almost irritably. It was surely taking a toll on him. He was beginning to understand why they hired him instead of pursuing this task themselves. The boy was relentless on examining things. Stupid things, really.

Byunghun didn't waste any time, and immediately headed to the window, dragging the curtains aside to fix his gaze outside the glass. He stood in awe from the view for a good ten seconds before finally replying, "No. Never been. I've seen them though. In papers, and videos." He didn't move from his position, and the other male figured it was a good time to let the conversation drop. Byunghun was much too strange for his liking.

Somehow, the older male had dozed off, but when he recollected his senses, he found the boy in his same exact position he was when he had fallen asleep. His eyes still adjusted out the window. Hours must have passed already. It should have been near midnight by then. "You're still here." He spoke out, which somewhat startled Byunghun, causing him to rotate his head, glancing over at the slightly drowsed male. 

"Oh, you slept?"

"Yeah. Somehow. Missed your chance on escaping there." He sat up on the bed. "You must really like the view, huh?"

Byunghun, at first, appeared disappointed having dropped a good opportunity. But even if he had taken it, the collar around his neck would still be a nuisance, and the male who operated it would probably become more of one when he finds Byunghun missing. His gaze fell back onto the window, surveying the buildings underway that have now begun to set up their lights. "Yeah. I've never been in the city before. At least, not for a long time." His voice had softened, and somehow, the scarce lighting from the outside made his features appear more fragile.

The male situated on the bed didn't reply, but he began to ponder on the subject, on who this boy really was, and why he was being deprived from being outside for so long. He was valuable, it was clear. The person who hired him had emphasized this. Don't let him get gravely hurt. He had said, His life is of importance to us. But he didn't look important. He just looked like an average boy. He didn't seem like he was a genius, or some famous inventor. So how could he possibly be any use to the government?

"Your name." Byunghun glanced over at the male on the bed, "I never caught it."

"It's not important." He replied. He preferred to keep things strictly private. His occupation was part of this reason, but mostly, he just didn't like anyone knowing him as a person. It was too risky; the act of trust was too troubling.

"Then what do I call you? Babysitter?" By now, Byunghun began crawling over towards the stranger, finally letting the view go. "You know my name. It's only fair I know yours too."

The male paused for a moment and watched as the boy climbed onto the mattress, then shook his head at the lame reasoning, "That's generally not how it goes. Playing fair doesn't get you anywhere." The stretched his legs and arms; part of his shirt untucking from underneath the waistline, "But if you're going to need to call me, then call me Chunji."

At first, the blond didn't seem convinced that that was his name, however, he didn't further investigate on it. After all, whether the male trusted him enough with his name wasn't any of his concern. "Chunji. I'll remember that." Byunghun nodded before pointing at the device circling his neck, "Can you take this off now? I need to shower, and I don't want to get killed just to wash myself." 

Chunji couldn't help but let out a quiet laugh, and proceeded to remove the device with a remote in his pocket. The collar fell onto the bedclothes and Byunghun sighed of relief. "Don't take long. We have a big day tomorrow."

The blond stepped off the bed and made his way to the bathroom, "How long will it take? The trip?"

"A week or so. They don't trust you on a plane, so I'm driving you."

Byunghun fell into silence, but he didn't stick around, he just disappeared into the bathroom. He examined himself in the mirror and found nothing remarkable about his being. Yet this one aspect he was born with made him suddenly become a person of interest. If he had been normal, he would surely just be living like normal people his age should, and go to school with tons of other students as well. But he was self-taught, and the only friends he made were the ones he made up. The only people he knew, he addressed them as doctor, or professor. His life was nothing more than a series of memorization and data collecting. 

He the shower and stepped inside. The heat from the water stung against his skin, yet he could not feel it. His palms, sketched with scratches and scars, turned pink in a matter of seconds, and the soles of his feet burned from his untended injuries. But despite all of this, despite the countless times he had been repeatedly dragged back to the lab, the times the doctors would tell him he was doing great, the times people had emphasized the value on his gift,

he still did not feel important.

Chunji was awake when he exited the shower, and greeted him when their gazes met, "You took awhile. Glad you didn't drown."

"In the shower?"

"It could happen." 

Byunghun removed the damp towel from his head after drying his hair, speechless for the most part. The collar still rested on the mattress where it fell, and his eyes immediately ventured towards the door. There was a pause and Chunji caught on fast, but before he could reach out to grab the blond, the boy had already burst out the door, scrambling down the hallway with the to follow after him. 

He'll reach a dead end, Chunji thought, I'll be able to catch him then.

But the dead end never came. And it seemed like Byunghun had somehow learned every inch of the hotel. He'd open doors which would happen to have the service carts inside and push them in between them as he kept running. The elevator wasn't far away, and from the looks of it, Byunghun intended to take it. Chunji hopped over the carts, picking up his pace once Byunghun slipped into the elevator. The doors began to shut. Chunji reached out to stop it, but he was a second late and the doors tightly sealed before him.

"Dammit." He cursed, glancing around for another elevator.

Byunghun's heart thumped loudly in his chest. His back pressed against the wall and his fingers tight around the railing. He managed to do it. To escape. The thought made a considerably large smile stretch across his expression. He was just a few feet away from normal. And all he had to do was step out of the elevator, and walk out as if nothing happened. Everything else he'll worry for later.

The doors slid open and he treaded out. His gaze fixed solely on the doors that led out of the lobby and onto the streets. One step after another, he was getting closer. And no one was going to restrain him from living.

A hand reached out and gripped onto his wrist right when he was one step away from the door, but to his dismay, he was hauled back into the hotel, and immediately dragged into the elevators without much of a choice. Even struggling to break free wasn't working. And meeting Chunji's gaze was a nightmare.

The male seemed almost steaming. He was evidently angry, and he had all reasons to be, but he didn't say anything. His grip on Byunghun's wrist was tight, practically cutting circulation in his arm. But Byunghun didn't speak either. He was too afraid of the consequences.

When they arrived back to their room, the collar immediately latched onto Byunghun's neck again. He expected that though.

"You keep insisting on running away. Why is that?" Chunji huffed, sitting on the bed with his legs crossed. His gaze was fixed elsewhere. He seemed too furious to look at Byunghun in the eyes. 

The blond didn't reply right away. He chewed on his bottom lip as he tried to search for words that'll aid him in the situation. But it didn't seem like there was any way Chunji would become less angry. Several minutes passed, and Chunji withdrew to impatience, writhing of irritation. 

In less than an instant, the familiar sting around his neck occurred again, and Byunghun dropped to the floor, groaning from the damage. His fingers gripped tightly onto the collar, trying to tug it off, but the attempt failed terribly. The 's figure hovered over the boy, his expression still consisted of displeasure.

"Next time. I won't be so nice."