Happy Pill

Soon-to-Be Mr. and Mrs. Lee

--

When Donghae puts Nemo inside his suitcase, Eunhyuk realizes that this is really happening.

“Donghae, please stop.” Eunhyuk’s words are to no avail as Donghae starts to pack his clothes. Donghae tries to ignore the fact that Eunhyuk sounds like he’s about to cry. “I know what I did was bad, but you can’t punish me like this.”

“I’m not punishing you, Hyukjae.” Donghae sighs. “I just…I need time away from you. I need time to think. I feel that this is the best thing for both of us right now.”

“But, Hae—”

“Don’t make this any harder, Hyukjae.” He shuts his suitcase and locks it. “I already told my parents that I’m coming. And I talked to my boss and after hearing about the we’re in, he’s letting me take a few days off.”

Eunhyuk is a little surprised at how sympathetic his boss seems to be. If this were any other time, he’d question it, but right now he has other matters to deal with. “How long are you going to be gone?”

“I don’t know.” He answers as he puts his thickest coat on. When he reaches for his case, Eunhyuk takes it first. “Hyukjae, stop it. Give that to me.”

He shakes his head. “I don’t want you to go.”

“I didn’t want you to cheat on me either.” He manages to get his suitcase when Eunhyuk’s guard drops. “But life that way.”

Eunhyuk follows him when he heads towards the front door. Clearly, he’s not going to let him leave.

Donghae turns around and their faces are inches away from each other. “This isn’t a break-up, Hyukjae. It’s just a break.”

“But—” he tries to start, but Donghae puts his index finger on his lips.

“I’ll see you if I get back.” He says, taking his hand away from Eunhyuk’s face and putting it on the doorknob.

“If…?” he croaks just as Donghae leaves and closes the door.

Eunhyuk waits until he’s made his way back inside the bedroom to break down.

--

After about an hour of completely soaking his pillow with tears, Eunhyuk hears a knock on the door and ignores. But the loud raps on the door don’t stop, so Eunhyuk forces himself to get up, dabs some tissues at his puffy eyes and goes to yell at whoever’s at the door for disturbing his sobbing session.

But what he doesn’t expect is opening the door and seeing Jieun standing there, still as beautiful as ever. “Um, h-hi,” she smiles awkwardly. “I just…have you been crying?”

Eunhyuk sniffs; he knows there’s no use trying to hide it. “Yeah. No offense, but I don’t think I should invite you inside.”

“I understand completely.” She nods, understanding. “Is—is Donghae in there?”

“No. He left.” His face turns dark. “Well, I guess since he isn’t here anyway, it’s only polite to let you in.”

Jieun is surprised to hear him say that, but she comes in anyway. She looks around and comments, “Nice place.”

“Jieun,” for once, he doesn’t want to make small talk with her. “Why are you here?”

“O-oh. I—I just came by to give you back your money.” She takes out a small envelope from her purse and hands it over. “It’s all in there. And I just want you to know that there are no hard feelings. I mean, yes, there are hard feelings, but not about—I should shut up.”

Eunhyuk stares at the envelope. “Thanks.”

Jieun realizes she’s overstayed her welcome. “I guess I should leave now. Are you going to be okay?”

“No.” Eunhyuk puts the envelope down and sits on the couch, holding back his tears because he has too much pride to cry in front of a woman. “I’m not going to be okay, because I’m only okay when Donghae’s here, but he’s not here.”

“I’m so sorry.” Jieun sits on the couch as well, but keeps her distance. “Just thinking about my involvement in this whole thing makes me feel so terrible. If I had known you were biual—”

“I’m not biual.” He refutes.

She looks confused. “B-but…we kissed.”

“I know, but before you came along, I didn’t even know I wanted to kiss girls again.” He reveals. “I don’t even know if it’s kissing you that felt good, or if it was the thrill from doing it. I mean…kissing someone else, someone who is neither Donghae nor a boy…it was exciting. Up until then, the only excitement in my life was waiting for the next episode of the drama I’m watching and trying out new cooking recipes. Donghae was at work all the time and I’m here by myself—it gets pretty boring. I guess that’s why I wanted to elope, because eloping is so much more spontaneous than just waiting around for months to have a wedding.”

“Then why didn’t you?” she asks. “Elope, I mean.”

“Donghae didn’t want to.” He says with a sigh. “He wanted a big, fat wedding. Neither of us expected that I’d be the one doing all the work. But I didn’t hate all the wedding stuff like I thought I would. It was fun, it was different, and working with a pretty girl certainly didn’t help.”

Jieun blushes at the last part. “So…what does that make you then? Are you gay or…?”

“I’m just…confused. And bored.” A small laugh comes out. “But there’s only one way to make sure.”

Without as much as a warning, he swoops in and closes the gap between their lips. Jieun pulls away, shocked, “What are you doing?”

“I need to make sure.” He doesn’t elaborate and instead kisses her again. This time, she doesn’t stop it; actually, she returns it. She feels Eunhyuk weighing her down until he’s right on top of her, smack down between her legs.

“Wait,” he says breathily. “We can’t do this. Not here. This is where Donghae and I make out while watching crappy movies. It’s not right.”

“Okay,” she feels a little peeved at the interruption, but she knows she has no right to complain. “Where should we do this then?”

“Bedroom.” He takes her hand and starts to lead her to said room, but then he stops. “Wait, we can’t do it there either. That’s my and Donghae’s spot. It’d kill him.”

Jieun shakes her head, laughing softly. “You know what? Let’s not do this. Your heart and your mind are obviously not in this.”

“What?” he asks. Strangely enough, he doesn’t feel upset at her backing out.

“Look at you, Eunhyuk,” she says. “You obviously can’t stop thinking about him. You’re so in love with him that it’s almost a crime. You want Donghae, not me.”

That actually makes a lot of sense. He does love Donghae. So much. His heart says so, his mind says so, and if both his heart and his mind are on the same side, then who is he to fight it?

Suddenly Jieun doesn’t look so beautiful anymore.

“Go,” Jieun tells him. “Go to Donghae. Go find him and make things right.”

“Show yourself out.” He runs out the door without even putting on a coat even though it’s freezing outside. The only thing running through his mind right now is that he hopes he’s not too late.

--

Of all the days the subway has to break down, it has to be today. Of all the rotten luck.

“Maybe it’s a sign.” Donghae mutters to himself, earning a strange look from a random passerby.

He sits on the bench, hugs Nemo close and sighs because he feels so stupid for missing Eunhyuk so much. Needing someone to vent to, he takes his phone out and calls the person whom he knows can always make him feel better. But he stops and realizes that he can’t, because he’s not speaking with Eunhyuk right now.

So he turns to the next best thing.

“Sungmin,” he greets. “I need your advice.”

Sungmin sounds annoyed. “Goddamit, you’re just as bad as your boyfriend.”

“Wh-what do you mean?” he asks. He raises one eyebrow when he hears a moan that sounds suspiciously like Kyuhyun. “What are you doing?”

“It’s 9 PM on a Saturday, Donghae. What do you—unghhh—think I’m doing?” he grunts a couple of times, and this is enough to confirm Donghae’s fears.

“You really need to stop answering the phone in the middle of .” Donghae says, and then he hears a drawl from Kyuhyun (he must be on speaker phone) on the other line: “I second that!”

“What do you want, Donghae?” Sungmin asks, obviously eager to end the conversation. “This better be good.”

“You’re not gonna believe it, but,” it pains him to even say this out loud. “Hyukjae cheated on me.”

“Oh, so he finally told you?” he asks. “Thank God, I thought I was gonna be the one to blow the secret.”

“What? You knew?” he does not sound pleased. “How come you never told me?”

“Eunhyuk made us promise,” he moans when Kyuhyun hits a sweet spot. “He said that he would tell you when he’s ready. So how did that discussion go? Was there slapping? I hope you got him good.”

“No, Sungmin.” Donghae rolls his eyes. “I am not that immature.”

“Wanna bet?” Kyuhyun groans when Sungmin bites him in the shoulder.

“I’m actually at the subway right now. I just…I’m just so mad and disappointed at him.” He says. “Why would he do this? Is it my fault? Did I drive him into her arms or something?”

“Of course not, Hae—ah, Kyuhyun!” Sungmin is finding it really hard to comfort Donghae right now. “Wait, you’re at the subway? Where are you going? Why didn’t you just come he—”

Sungmin cuts his own words off when he lets out a scream. Kyuhyun had hit another sweet spot.

That’s why.” Donghae states simply. “Just tell me what to do, Sungmin. I don’t want to break up with Hyukjae, but I don’t want to forgive him so easily either.”

“Donghae, honey, as much as I’d love to tell you what to do,” he starts. “I can’t this time. This is your life, your relationship, your decision.”

“That’s actually really mature, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun remarks on the other end.

“I know,” Sungmin agrees. “I must be growing up.”

“I guess you’re right.” Donghae stands up when he hears an announcement from the workers. “Well, it looks like the subway’s ready. I have to go.”

“Good luck.” This is the last thing Sungmin says before hanging up.

Donghae puts his phone back in his pocket as he joins the crowd of people rushing to get inside the subway. All of a sudden, he hears someone calling his name.

“Donghae! Donghae, don’t go!” Donghae turns his head and sees Eunhyuk running towards him, all sweaty and out of breath.

“Hyukjae,” he steps out of the line and lets the people behind him pass through. “What are you doing here?”

“Stopping you.” When he finally reaches him, he puts his hand on his knees and tries to catch his breath. “You—you can’t go, Donghae. You told me I needed to sort my out, and I have. I have been so stupid, Donghae. I realize now that all I’ve been doing is chasing excitement, which is so stupid, because I don’t need excitement when I have you.”

That came out wrong. Donghae frowns. “I’m not exciting enough for you?”

“What? No, no, I didn’t mean it like that.” He shakes his hands in front of him. “I just meant, I don’t need anything else, because I already have you, and you mean everything to me. Which means I already have everything, I—I’m not making much sense right now, am I?”

“No.” Donghae answers curtly. “I don’t have time for this, Hyukjae, I have to go—”

“You’re not going anywhere.” Eunhyuk grabs his hand. “You’re staying here and we’re going to get married and we’re going to get that happily ever after we always talked about.”

Donghae is still skeptic. “What about Jieun?”

“Jieun doesn’t mean anything. I never felt anything for her in the first place—it’s always been you. Just you.” He insists. “That whole thing with Jieun, that was just a big, stupid mistake and if I could take it back, I would. I love you, Donghae, so much, and believe it or not, Jieun was actually the one who helped me see the way.”

“She did?” he swallows a lump in his throat. He hears the doors of the subway close and he realizes that it’s too late to escape. “So you talked to her? What did she say?”

“She feels just as awful as I do, Hae.” He reveals. “While I was sitting there in the apartment with her, you’re all I kept thinking about. I couldn’t stop thinking about where you were, or how you were doing, or if you’re going to be alright—it’s only been two hours but I’ve missed you so much. I just want things to go back to normal, Hae. I want you, only you and no one else.”

Donghae feels a smile creep across his lips. “So…you love me again?”

“I never stopped.” Eunhyuk smiles seeing Donghae smile.

“To be honest,” Donghae wipes away a bead of sweat rolling down the side of Eunhyuk’s face. “Neither did I.”

Eunhyuk moves to kiss him, but Donghae jerks back. “You really hurt me. And Nemo. You have to apologize.”

He presses a kiss on the back of his hand. “I’m so sorry, Dongh—”

“Not to me.” He extends his arm, giving him the stuffed fish in his hand. “To Nemo. He really hates you right now.”

Eunhyuk reads Donghae’s eyes; once he realizes he’s serious, he takes Nemo in his hands and gently pets it. “I…I’m so sorry, Nemo. I’m sorry I hurt you and Donghae. I’ll never do it again, I promise.”

Donghae laughs, shaking his head. “Oh my God, Hyukjae.”

“What? Was that not good enough?” he asks, worry in his eyes. “I can try again—”

“No. That was perfect.” He laughs again.

“Then why are you laughing?” Though Eunhyuk is thrilled to see him laugh again, he can’t help but wonder what’s so funny.

“Because you just apologized to a stuffed animal.” Donghae takes Nemo back. Eunhyuk is quite surprised to hear Donghae actually acknowledge the fact that Nemo is just a stuffed animal. “I can’t believe you actually did that for me.”

“Of course I did.” He says. “I’d do anything for you, Hae. I love you and I just want you to be mine again.”

Donghae caresses his cheek. “I never stopped being yours, Hyukjae. Even though you’re a really, really, really big because of what you did to me.”

Eunhyuk crashes their lips together and they kiss like it’s the last time they’re ever going to see each other. It feels so good to kiss him again that Eunhyuk can’t control himself.

“Hyukkie?” he becomes alarmed when Eunhyuk pulls away and starts crying on his shoulder. “What’s the matter?”

“I’m just so happy.” He manages to say in between sobs.

“Oh sweetie,” Donghae puts his arm around his shoulders and continues to let his boyfriend wet his collar with his tears. “Come on. Let’s go home.”

Eunhyuk wipes his eyes with the heel of his hand. “It feels so good to hear you say that.”

They walk closely together, as if the tiniest space between them would kill them. Neither of them minds, and they could care less about the people around them looking at them like they’ve just murdered somebody.

“I’m still mad at you, you know.” Donghae suddenly says.

“I know.” Eunhyuk nods.

“And you’re not allowed to sleep in the same bed as me.” He adds. “You have to sleep on the couch.”

Once again, he nods. “I know.”

“And you have to find a new wedding pla—” he stops and realizes what he’s saying. “Actually, no, let’s not hire any wedding planners. Let’s just do it by ourselves.”

“I understand why,” he starts. “But can we really do it without any help? I mean, planning a wedding is gonna take a lot of work. What about your job?”

“I’m sure I can talk to my boss to give me a couple of days off. But then I’d have to make up for them after the wedding.” Donghae sighs at the thought of all the work. “You know what? Screw that. Let’s just get married now.”

“Are you serious?” he asks, his eyes wide.

“As a heart attack.” Donghae confirms. “What do you say?”

“I say,” he leans closer to whisper in his ear. “What are we still standing here for? Let’s go get married.”

Eunhyuk takes his hand and together, they run away. As the Italian saying goes, dammi la tua mano e corriamo uniti per tutta la vita—give me your hand and we will run together our whole lives.

--

Eunhyuk leans against the headboard, chest heaving up and down. “Our first night together as husband and wife. That was amazing.”

“I know.” Donghae agrees as he kisses Eunhyuk’s temple. “Don’t forget, you still have to buy our rings.”

“I’ll start looking for a pair tomorrow.” He promises and they share another kiss. “I love you, Hae.”

“I love you too, Hyukkie.” He hums. “Now get out and go sleep on the couch.”

Eunhyuk takes his pillow and grabs a spare blanket from the closet. “I’ll see you in the morning.”

--

Donghae wakes up with a messy head of hair and a slightly sore . He waits for the pain to fade before standing up and putting on his fish slippers.

He walks out of the room with a yawn and sees his husband setting the table. He grins, “Well, well, what’s all this?”

“I took the liberty of preparing breakfast.” Eunhyuk puts a rose in the vase in the middle of the table. “I just thought our first breakfast together as husband and wife should be special.”

Donghae kisses his cheek before sitting down to eat. “Is that really the reason or are you just planning to poison me so you can run off with our former wedding planner?”

“Should I expect you to bring that up in every conversation?” he asks, taking the seat beside him. “Can’t we just please enjoy our morning together?”

He chuckles, “I’m sorry, Hyukkie, but I’m just so happy. Well, not because that seduced you, but because for once, you’re the one who did something wrong. You’re the one who screwed up. Not me. Not dumb, stupid Donghae.”

“Donghae, you’re not dumb or stupid.” He assures him. “And by the way, those two words are synonyms.”

Donghae glares, “I hate you.”

He laughs and feeds him a forkful of pancake. “Happy one-day anniversary to you too.”

“That reminds me, I have to call into work and tell them that I have to miss another week because I’m on my honeymoon.” He says as he drowns his pancake with syrup.

“Are you sure your boss won’t mind?” he asks.

“Nah, he’s a cool guy.” He waves a hand, dismissive. “So, have you told our friends yet that we’ve eloped?”

“Not yet. I want to do it in person just to see the looks on their faces.” He says with a devious smile. “But you know, I’ve been thinking about it and I decided that after everything I put you through, you deserve a big, fat, expensive wedding.”

“What?” he doesn’t understand (what else is new?).

“I want us to have a big wedding, Donghae. Just like you always wanted.” He picks up the notepad that Donghae didn’t even notice was sitting on the table the whole time. Eunhyuk starts reading off it. “I want us to have an ocean-themed wedding, where you can wear a sea blue wedding dress, and we can serve a wedding cake with Mr. and Mrs. Nemo on top, and we can get married to the Finding Nemo OST.”

“But, Hyukkie, we’re already married.” He points out, though he’s mentally swooning at how Eunhyuk actually remembered his list.

“Well, who says we can’t get married again for show?” he puts his hand on top of Donghae’s. “This one will just be for entertainment purposes.”

“That sounds great and all, but I don’t think I have time to plan a wedding. I have work.” Donghae looks and feels apologetic. “And I really don’t want to go through all the trouble to find a competent wedding planner.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll do all the planning. By myself.” He squeezes his hand. “And I’m going to make sure that it’ll be the best damn wedding in history.”

“Well, you seem like you’ve thought of everything.” Donghae considers the idea. “Are you sure about this?”

Eunhyuk nods. “Please, Donghae. I just want to make your dreams come true.”

“Well then,” he leans closer so that their lips are almost touching. “Who am I stop you?”

Eunhyuk kisses him as he pulls him onto his lap. “I love you, wifey.”

Donghae matches his grin. “I love you too, hubby.”

--

“Congratulations on somehow not marrying the wrong person.” Heechul comes up to the just-married couple, a fresh drink in his hand. “I hope you get so many wedding presents that you don’t realize that none of them are from me.”

They decide to take this as a compliment. “Uh, thanks, Heechul.” Eunhyuk nods at him as he holds his beaming bride by the waist.

“That was a lovely phony wedding, you guys.” Kyuhyun appears as well, with Sungmin clinging to his arm and wearing a red slinky dress that’s almost enough to upstage the bride. “You must be proud seeing all the people you’ve fooled.”

“You guys are terrible at saying congratulations.” Donghae remarks. “It’s not like our whole marriage is fake. Just the ceremony is.”

“Yeah, that makes it better.” Sungmin says dryly.

Suddenly, a familiar guest approaches them and offers them some real congratulatory words. “Eunhyuk, Donghae, that was a lovely ceremony. Congratulations, I’m so happy for you guys.”

Eunhyuk can’t believe his eyes. Heechul’s jaw is nearly on the floor. “Siwon? I didn’t know you were coming.”

“Donghae didn’t tell you?” he asks.

Eunhyuk looks at his wife, expecting answers. “You invited him?”

“Of course.” Donghae doesn’t understand why everyone looks so surprised. “He’s my boss after all.”

Suddenly, it all makes sense. “Oh my God, that explains so much.” Eunhyuk says. “Why didn’t you ever tell me?”

“You never asked.” He answers simply, shrugging.

“He’s got you there.” Sungmin chimes in. “Anyway, it was really nice seeing you again, Siwon, but I’m afraid Kyuhyun and I have to go and lock ourselves in one of the bathroom cubicles. You won’t be seeing us again in fifteen minutes. Or with any luck, longer.”

“I see you guys haven’t changed at all.” Siwon laughs as Sungmin drags Kyuhyun away, the both of them leaving with playful smirks on their faces.

Donghae notices the way Heechul has suddenly stiffened, and he realizes that this could be a chance to have some fun with him. “Well, we’ll leave you two alone to catch up. Come on, Hyukkie, let’s dance.”

“What? No, wait, no—” Heechul tries to stop them, but it’s too late. He’s left alone with his ex-boyfriend whom he hasn’t seen or talked to in years. “So, um…how have you been?”

“Great. I’m, uh, I’m actually engaged now.” Siwon shows him the engagement ring on his finger.

“Oh. Congratulations.” Heechul nearly spills his drink on his dress. “So, who’s the lucky girl?”

“Actually, I think you know her—oh, here she comes now.” A petite woman comes up to Siwon’s side and attaches herself to his right arm. Heechul remembers her. Hell, how could he forget?

“Oh…Tiffany, right?” Heechul can only laugh, albeit awkwardly and nervously. “So nice to see you again.”

She gasps softly upon recognizing him. “Oh my God, you’re our art teacher from high school. Honey, isn’t it funny running into him here?”

“Yeah. Funny.” Siwon is starting to feel awkward as well.

Heechul feels the need to save face. “Um, I’m with someone too. He’s around here…somewhere…” As he pretends to look around, he mentally decides that he will forever curse Gunhee for backing out on him last minute because ‘an important client’ called. “I should probably go look for him. It was nice seeing y—”

“Wait,” Siwon grabs his arm. He turns to Tiffany, “Honey, could you maybe give us a minute alone please?”

She nods, bows her head towards Heechul and leaves to get her and her fiancé some drinks. Heechul is still trying to process the fact that Siwon’s hand is still on his arm.

“Siwon, what are you doing?” he asks, suddenly feeling very self-conscious.

“I don’t want us to be awkward like this, Heechul.” He says, letting go of him. “We should at least be civil. We should be friends.” He extends his hand and after a moment of hesitation, Heechul shakes it.

“Okay then. Friends.” Heechul yelps when Siwon gives him a hard tug, ultimately pulling him closer—so close that Heechul can feel him breathing.

“Is she looking?” he asks in a hushed voice.

“Who?”

“Tiffany.”

He looks over Siwon’s shoulder and sees Tiffany making conversation with other female guests. “No. What are y—”

Siwon grabs his face and smacks their lips together. He pulls away before Heechul even has time to react. Siwon takes a step back, fixing his tie as he prays that his soon-to-be-wife didn’t see a thing.

“What the hell was that?” Heechul asks, frozen.

Siwon doesn’t answer. Instead, he chuckles, pats Heechul on the back and tells him, “Whoever you’re with is very lucky to have you.”

Heechul watches as Siwon goes back to his girlfriend. This is it, he thinks, this is really the end. It feels as if all the loose strings left from their break-up have finally been cut. Siwon’s happy with Tiffany, Heechul enjoys being with Gunhee—if anything, that kiss signifies the end. The end of everything between them that’s been left hanging all these years.

Heechul isn’t as sad as he thought he’d be.

In fact, when he sees the way Tiffany laughs when Siwon whispers something in her ear, Heechul actually feels himself smiling.

He’s just about to freshen his drink when he notices a figure behind the ice sculpture (only Eunhyuk would hire someone to make an ice sculpture of a fish for Donghae). He squints his eyes, trying to remember where he saw that woman before, and then suddenly it hits him.

“You’re Jieun, right?” He asks, smirking. “So glad you could make it.”

“Oh, it’s you.” The girl seems very jumpy. She can’t even stop trembling when she shakes Heechul’s hand. “I was actually really nervous about coming here—I still am, obviously. Oh, uh, thanks for inviting me, by the way.”

Heechul’s plan is falling perfectly in place. “No problem. What are you doing behind the ice sculpture?”

“Hiding.” She replies in a childlike voice. Heechul has only met Jieun twice—the first time was when he went to her office to personally invite her to the wedding, the second time being now—but in many ways, she already reminds him a lot of Donghae. It’s safe to say that Eunhyuk obviously has a type.

“Don’t tell me you’re actually scared of Donghae?” Heechul barks a laugh. “Don’t worry about him. This is the happiest day of his life and I doubt he’ll ruin it by getting into a fight with the woman who almost stole his man. Though I should warn you, once this is all over, you better watch his back, because behind Donghae’s innocent face lies a man scorned.”

Jieun doesn’t know what to say. “Is that supposed to make me feel better?”

Heechul spots Donghae and Eunhyuk talking to some guests and decides that this is the right time. He takes Jieun by the arm and insists that she go show herself to the happy couple. Despite her protests, she really can’t do much else because Heechul, despite wearing a dress and heels, still had the strength of a man.

“Hey, you two. I have someone here who wants to wish you guys congratulations.” Heechul taps the bride on the shoulder.

Donghae turns around grinning, but his smile is immediately wiped off his face when he lays eyes on their former wedding planner. “Son of a .”

Eunhyuk uses his body as a wall between Donghae and Jieun, effectively preventing his wife from murdering the latter. “Jieun,” he doesn’t look very surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“I invited her.” Heechul reveals with a cheeky grin.

“Why the hell would you do that?” Donghae demands.

“I wanted to see a catfight erupt.” He shrugs, standing back and getting himself ready for the show. “I’m just sorry that Sungmin isn’t here to see this.”

“The joke’s on you, Heechul,” Eunhyuk gloats as he tries to keep Donghae’s hands from clawing out Jieun’s eyes. “You see, I anticipated this—though to be honest, I thought it was Sungmin who was going to invite her—”

“Sungmin?” Jieun remembers that name. “Is he the one with the really pretty hair and the big s? He invited me too.”

“Gee, I have such terrific friends.” Eunhyuk sighs. “Anyway, I thought something like this would happen, so I tricked Donghae into drinking a happy pill this morning.”

Jieun flinches when Donghae actually literally growls at her. “He doesn’t seem very happy.”

“Trust me, if I hadn’t given him that pill, you would be lying on the floor right now with your chest cut open.” Eunhyuk says, making Jieun’s eyes widen with fear.

“Yeah, if she had a chest to cut open. She’s as flat as a—” Donghae is cut off by his own husband.

“Donghae, please.” He’s starting to feel that he should’ve given Donghae more than just one pill. “This is our wedding. Let’s not turn this into something ugly.”

“Like her dress?” he scoffs.

“Kick her, Hae, kick her!” Heechul encourages, making Jieun squeak in offense.

“No, no kicking!” Eunhyuk is just glad that Donghae’s dress doesn’t allow him to kick his leg that high. “Jieun, I am so sorry about this.”

“Ah, not at all,” Jieun assures him. “I guess I brought this on myself. It was a beautiful service, by the way.”

“Thank you,” Eunhyuk puts his hand on Jieun’s arm as a gesture of thanks, and Donghae is quick to attempt to chop his new husband’s hand off.

“Ow, Hae!” Eunhyuk rubs his wrist; he didn’t even know Donghae could hit that hard.

“No touching.” He huffs, staring Jieun down. “By the way, since you did such a good job at jeopardizing our relationship, I hope you at least had the decency to get us a wedding gift.”

“Of course,” she nods obediently. “Mine is the biggest one. You won’t miss it.”

“Good.” He crosses his arms, continuing to intimidate her. “Now, run along before I decide to stick my stiletto up your .”

Jieun gives them a polite bow before running away to get as far as possible from Bridezilla.

“Was that really necessary?” Eunhyuk asks, feeling a little sorry for the poor woman.

“Hey, if I had done what you did, you would be acting the same way.” Donghae points out in his defense. “In fact, I’m fairly certain that you would’ve hunted her down by now.”

Eunhyuk laughs and presses a kiss to Donghae’s temple. “That’s funny because it’s…true.”

“That’s it? No blood, no ripping of dresses, no nothing?” Heechul whines, stomping his foot on the ground. “Lamest catfight ever.”

As Heechul walks away, the newly-married couple look at each other and laugh.

--

“I never knew Paris was such a beautiful place.” Donghae clinks his wine glass with his husband. “Thank you for taking me here, Hyukkie. You really outdid yourself with the honeymoon.”

Eunhyuk gives him a sloppy kiss on the cheek. “You deserve it. We both do.”

If anyone would’ve told Donghae a year ago that he would be spending his honeymoon in Paris, drinking wine with his high school sweetheart on their hotel balcony, he would’ve said they were crazy. Eunhyuk has never really been into travelling—in fact, he always used to talk about how he just wanted them to spend their honeymoon at home, where they can spend the whole weekend together in bed. Of course, Donghae wanted something bigger than that, but he had already gotten Eunhyuk to agree to have a big wedding, and it didn’t look he was going to get him to agree to anything else.

But it turns out Eunhyuk’s guilty conscience can do crazy things.

“This is perfect.” Eunhyuk hugs Donghae close. “This is so perfect. I wish we can stay like this forever.”

Donghae smiles. Would it be so bad to make things just a little more perfect? “Hyukkie?”

“Yes, babe?”

“I want to have a baby.”

At this, Eunhyuk positively chokes.

--

Aaaaand cue Babies Ever After.