what happens in vegas...

Viva Las Gaygas

~*~

Kyuhyun loved it when Sungmin tried out outfits for him, especially the skimpy ones, but this was just going too far. It’s been two hours and Sungmin still hadn’t decided on an outfit that deemed suitable enough to attend a trashy show their friend was starring in.

“For God’s sake, just go , Ming.” Kyuhyun groaned, and Sungmin retaliated by throwing one of his thongs at his face. “Remind me again how we ended up in Vegas?”

Sungmin turned around in the midst of stuffing tissues in his bra, a smirk on his face.

24 HOURS AGO

“Sungmin,” a loud sob came from the other line. “A horrible, horrible thing has happened!”

“Heechul?” Sungmin asked, alarmed. “Oh my God, what happened?”

He sniffed—Sungmin guessed he was wiping some snot off his face—before answering in an unstable voice, “I—I—I had a—”—sob—“a !”

“That doesn’t sound so bad.” He said. He always thought Heechul would be thrilled to be in a . Apparently you never really know someone—

“You don’t understand,” Heechul whimpered. “It was me and…” he shuddered, “two girls!”

Sungmin gasped loudly. So loudly that it woke up Kyuhyun beside him on the bed. “Oh my god, Heechul, that’s horrible! Oh dear God, you must be suffering.”

“I’m in hell!” he cried.

“Don’t worry, Chullie,” he threw the quilt off him and turned the lamp on. “Kyuhyun and I will hop right on a plane and be there by your side. Don’t you worry, Kim Heechul, you are not alone!”

Kyuhyun checked the clock, frowned when he realized how late it was, and began to rub the sleep out of his eyes. And then he realized what his boyfriend had just said.

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” he asked. “Kyuhyun and you will what?”

PRESENT TIME

“I think I finally found a dress.” Sungmin grinned as he checked himself out in the mirror. “Oh, but I left the heels that go with this back at home.”

Kyuhyun was too busy stuffing himself with the food he ordered from room service to care. “Mm yeah that’s great, Sungmin.”

Kyuhyun has frankly been avoiding Sungmin a lot lately, since marriage has been on the latter’s mind for a while. Sungmin was obviously eager to hold a grand and fancy wedding ceremony, while Kyuhyun hadn’t the time or the patience to go through all that ‘’, as he called it.

Fortunately, Sungmin was too preoccupied with finding the right outfit (he sorely wanted to upstage Heechul) to bother him with any of those wedding crap. But Kyuhyun was getting a little tired of assessing outfits, as he’s been doing so for the past two hours.

“Well, what do you think? Should I change into another dress?” he asked, going through all the clothes he’s thrown on the bed. “It’s not like I can go out with shoes that clash with my dress—people will judge me!”

“Sungmin, we’re a gay Korean couple in Las Vegas.” He pointed out. “People are going to judge us either way.”

“Well, we should at least look presentable.” Sungmin picked up two pairs of shoes and held it up for Kyuhyun. “Okay, choose one for me and we can leave.”

“I’ll never understand how you managed to pack so many shoes.” Kyuhyun’s eyes darted back and forth from the leopard print pumps to the rhinestone stilettos. “Um…that one.”

“Ooh, the stilettos. Sensible choice, honey.” Sungmin pecked Kyuhyun’s cheek. “But now I have to change into my tube top dress.”

“Oh dear Goooood.” Kyuhyun groaned, plopping his whole body onto the bed.

~*~

“Finally,” Eunhyuk greeted as Sungmin and Kyuhyun finally arrived by the entrance. “Where have you two been? You missed the show.”

“But Hyukkie, we missed the show too.” Donghae seemed unaware that he was selling Eunhyuk out. He turned to the other couple to provide further explanation, “Hyukkie had a little difficulty walking away from the casino. I think he may be developing a little gambling problem…”

“Nonsense. I’m fine.” Eunhyuk dismissed, chuckling nervously. “Anyway, we should probably go in and look for Heechul. We already missed seeing him on stage.”

“What does Heechul do again?” Donghae asked, hooking his arm around Eunhyuk’s.

“He’s a showgirl, Hae.” He replied, holding the door open for everyone else. “I bet if we tell them we’re friends with one of their performers, we can get in backstage.”

“The question is, whose English skills are good enough to actually get us inside?” Sungmin asked, holding the coat Kyuhyun lent him over his shoulders. Kyuhyun insisted that Sungmin bring his own jacket before they left, but of course, he wouldn’t listen and now Kyuhyun was freezing his balls off.

It turned out they didn’t have to go to so much trouble anyway, since the place was almost empty if it weren’t for the lone showgirl sitting at one of the tables, smoking a cigarette.

“Chullie!” Donghae ran towards their former teacher in the ty showgirl costume, arms wide open for a hug.

Heechul let out a small ‘oomph’ when Donghae crashed into him, and he was just about to complain when suddenly his hands gripped onto Donghae’s muscular arms. “Oh my God, fishy, have you been working out?”

“Yeah,” he admitted sheepishly. “Wanna see my abs? They’re better than Hyukkie’s!”

Eunhyuk pulled Donghae back and stopped him from basically flashing Heechul. “Nice to see you again, Chullie. How’s life been treating you?”

“Like dirt,” he said, blowing smoke at Donghae’s face. “Believe me, you don’t know what hell is until you wake up one morning, hungover, with two women by your sides.”

“Oh Chullie,” Sungmin latched himself onto Heechul, doing his best at giving him a comforting embrace. “Who were the ghouls who lured you into their love nest?”

“They’re over there.” Heechul pointed towards the stage, where a few other showgirls were cleaning the stage up. “The blonde and the one with the botched job.”

“Whoa, they’re actually kind of hot.” Eunhyuk let out a soft wolf whistle as the women bent over, giving him a perfect view of their behinds.

Donghae tried to glare at his boyfriend, but he was too busy checking out the showgirls’ posteriors to notice him, so Donghae settled for whacking the back of his head.

“Let’s get you out of here, Chullie.” Sungmin said, putting his arm around Heechul’s waist (which was being squeezed by his corset). “On the way here, Kyuhyun and I saw a nice-looking bar a few blocks away. What do you say we get drunk off our asses? Just like old times?”

“That’s actually the smartest idea I’ve heard all year.” Heechul nodded, putting out his cigarette on an ashtray on the table. “Just let me get out of these clothes and we can leave.”

Heechul pulled out a (deep) wedgie before scurrying off to change into his normal clothes. Kyuhyun’s eyes followed Heechul’s as he left, and then he nudged Sungmin and whispered, “You would look great in that costume.”

“I know, right?” he agreed. “Im totally adding showgirl to my list of potential career options.”

“I ought to rent you one of those costumes to wear in bed.” Kyuhyun purred, giving Sungmin’s big a big squeeze.

“Say, do you think they have a craps table in that bar?” Eunhyuk asked, getting a rush of adrenaline just from the prospect of playing for money again.

“Hyukkie, seriously, you have a problem.” Donghae patted his eager boyfriend’s hand.

As soon as Heechul reappeared wearing a mini-skirt and the heels he managed to buy from all the extra cash he raked in, they left to drink the night away.

~*~

“Wow, this city has everything.” Donghae remarked as he freshened up his drink. “There’s a shopping mall within walking distance, a dozen restaurants right around the corner and a chapel right across the street! It’s like a whole new world!”

“Speaking of chapels…” before Sungmin could finish hinting, Kyuhyun cut him off.

“No, Sungmin, we were not speaking of chapels.” Kyuhyun dismissed immediately.

“But Donghae sai—”

“No, Sungmin.” He refuted again. “We’ve had this talk before. We’re not ready.”

“What’s all this about?” Heechul asked, highly amused at Sungmin’s sulking.

“Oh, Sungmin’s just jealous since Donghae and I are engaged—”

“I am so not jealous!” Sungmin butted in.

“Sure you’re not.” Eunhyuk scoffed. “As I was saying, Sungmin is just bitter at the fact that we’re getting married and he and Kyuhyun are…well, not.”

“It just , you know?” Sungmin continued sulking. “Kyuhyun and I are perfect for marriage. We’re together 24/7. But Kyuhyun here thinks it’s just like opening a can of worms.”

“I just don’t see the point of getting married.” Kyuhyun shrugged. “We’re already together, we’re already in love—what’s the need of ting a ton of money to set up a ceremony for people we don’t even care about?”

“Kyuhyun, don’t you see? Marriage…marriage makes us official. It makes us family. It’s like signing a verbal contract to be together forever.” Sungmin persuaded, to seemingly no avail.

“We don’t need a contract, Sungmin,” Kyuhyun said. “We are going to be together forever and I don’t need a minister or a piece of paper telling me what I already know.”

“He’s got a point, you know.” Heechul agreed, tilting his glass towards Kyuhyun.

Sungmin groaned and slurped the last of his martini. “ you all; I’m never gonna have a wedding.”

~*~

A few hours later, Donghae was trying to pull Eunhyuk away from a card game he started with a bunch of random people, Heechul was making out with the bartender and Sungmin was drinking away the harsh reality of never getting married while Kyuhyun lay his slightly intoxicated head on his lap.

“Sungmin, surely you’re not really depressed about this whole thing.” Kyuhyun said, touching the little hairs on Sungmin’s chin that were already starting to grow (sometimes Kyuhyun forgets that Sungmin is still male and therefore still grows facial hair). “What’s the big deal?”

“Kyuhyun, ever since I was a little girl—um, boy…er, whatever. Ever since I was little, I’ve dreamt of having a big, fat wedding. Just the prospect of it all thrilled me—the planning, the wedding cake, the wedding gifts, the wedding dress—everything.” He continued, “And most especially, the thought of spending the rest of my life married to the person I love. Of course, back then when I pictured it, that person didn’t really have a face. But ever since I met you, it’s always been you in the handsome groom’s tux, watching me walk down the aisle, carrying me outside as we leave for our honeymoon in a car with a banner saying ‘just married’.”

Kyuhyun couldn’t help but feel a little guilty. He didn’t realize that he was crushing his boyfriend’s dreams.

“But, you know, I don’t know if it’s the alcohol talking,” Sungmin’s speech was starting to become a little slurred. “But you’re right. We don’t need to get married. In fact, I don’t care if we get married or not. As long as we’re together, nothing else matters.”

Sungmin has never really been good at lying. To Kyuhyun, at least.

“Say, bunny,” Kyuhyun sat up, smirking. “I have a crazy idea…”

~*~

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Sungmin asked, his whole body shaking in excitement.

Kyuhyun nodded, tucking a tuft of Sungmin’s hair behind his ear. “I’ve never been any surer about anything else my whole life.”

They continued to exchange wide, toothy grins as the (hopefully) ordained minister between them asked, “Do you promise to take each other in sickness and in health?”

Sungmin blinked at him before turning back to his very soon husband-to-be. “What did he say?” Obviously they should have paid better attention in English classes back in high school.

“I think this is the part where we say I do.” Kyuhyun said, just as confused as the other.

“Oh,” he shrugged. “Well then, I do.”

Kyuhyun squeezed Sungmin’s hands harder. “I do too.”

“If anyone knows of any reason why these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace.” The man paused, waiting to see if anyone was going to interrupt the more or less impromptu wedding.

“Is this the part where I make a scene and mentally scar all the guests?” Heechul whispered to the couple sitting beside him.

“What do you mean ‘all the guests’?” Eunhyuk asked. “We’re the only ones here. And we’re used to you mentally scarring us.”

Next to him, Donghae could not stop his tears from pouring down. “I’m so happy for them. This is such a beautiful wedding.”

“Donghae, they’re getting married in a room with stains on both the floor and the ceiling, their only selection of rings is already rusting, and the bride’s wearing a ty tube top.” Eunhyuk pointed out. “Is this your definition of beautiful?”

“Shut up, it’s still our best friends’ wedding.” Donghae shushed him; then right afterwards, he added, “Our wedding better be much more glamorous than this.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Eunhyuk promised as they rubbed their noses together.

“I understand that the couple has prepared their own vows?” the ceremony continued.

“Kyuhyun,” Sungmin squeezed Kyuhyun’s hands tight. “I would love nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you.”

Kyuhyun grinned, “Ditto.”

“You may now kiss the bride…or groom…whatever.” The man in black said, looking slightly confused as to whether or not he had used the right terms.

“I heard kiss.” Kyuhyun smiled, pulling Sungmin’s chin closer for a kiss. When they broke the kiss, their foreheads were still touching, as well as their noses, as they held on to each other for dear life.

“By the power vested in me, I now announce you husband…and husband.” The minister shrugged before snapping his fingers, cuing the person by the stereo to start the wedding music.

Kyuhyun picked Sungmin up, bridal style of course, before putting him back down since Kyuhyun has never been particularly good at carrying heavy weights (or any weights for that matter).

“Congratulations, you two,” Eunhyuk grinned while Donghae clutched onto his arm sobbing tears of joy. “I always knew you guys were going to one-up us and get married before me and Donghae.”

“So, Kyuhyun, what made you change your mind?” Heechul asked. “Just earlier tonight, the very idea of marriage repulsed you.”

“I wouldn’t really say ‘repulsed’. I just thought it was a waste of time and money.” Kyuhyun explained. He then looked at Sungmin, pressing a kiss on his temple before saying, “But Sungmin told me about how he’s always dreamed of getting married and…well, it got to me. I’m weak.”

“Well, now that we’re married, I guess there’s no harm in telling you this now.” Sungmin smiled sweetly as he came clean with the truth. “You know that whole ‘dreaming of a big, fat wedding’ thing?”

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, “Yeah?”

“It was all a load of crap.” His smile didn’t falter, though it was becoming more nervous. “I never actually had those dreams as a child. I was just guilt-tripping you. But it all worked out for the better, didn’t it?”

“Wow, so your whole marriage is based on a lie?” Heechul snorted. “What a great way to start off.”

“Don’t listen to him.” Donghae said, dabbing at his now ruined mascara. “Congratulations on your two-minute-wedding anniversary.”

“Um…thanks?” Kyuhyun was still trying to recover from the fact that he’d been duped into getting married.

“Come on, let’s go celebrate.” Sungmin linked his arm around his husband’s. “Eunhyuk’s treating.”

Now it was Eunhyuk’s turn to look bewildered. “I am?”

~*~

“Well, we’re all set to go back to Korea tonight.” Eunhyuk said, packing the last of his and Donghae’s things while Heechul helped himself to room service. “We’ll come visit you again soon, Chul.”

“I hope you’re feeling better after that horrible experience you went through.” Donghae’s comforting words managed to bring a genuine smile out of Heechul.

“Well, I guess I should probably tell you guys…” the older man sighed. “I didn’t actually have a —god, I would never get caught dead between two women.”

“Then why did you say you did?” Eunhyuk asked, confused.

“I needed a way to get you guys here, okay?” Heechul hugged his knees to his chest, his voice becoming tiny. “I just…I missed you guys, alright? There, I said it.”

“What?” Eunhyuk couldn’t believe his ears. Meanwhile, Donghae was cooing as he sat Nemo on his lap.

“Don’t make me say it again.” Heechul grumbled. “Sure, I’m having a great time here, but sometimes I get really lonely and I find myself yearning for the days when I was surrounded by you idiots. I don’t know why; my brain must have gotten damaged from when I fell off the stage that one time.”

“Aww Chullie,” Donghae pulled him into a hug, which wasn’t reciprocated. “You know, you can always go back with us to Korea.”

“And leave my job here?” he asked. “I can’t just quit like that. My boss wouldn’t let me; I’m the most popular showgirl they have.”

“If you run into any trouble, you can always get Sungmin to help you out. You know he loves telling people off.” Eunhyuk suggested.

“Oh, he’s right next door,” Donghae stood up to leave. “I’ll go get him.”

Suddenly, there was a pattern of continuous banging against the wall, followed by loud, moans.

“Um, maybe it’s best not to disturb him right now.” Eunhyuk’s cheeks turned red as the in the next room got louder and louder. “He and Kyuhyun are still on their honeymoon after all.”

“This brings back memories.” Heechul remarked. “They’re not as loud as I remember,” he clucked his tongue, “what a shame. They’ve lost their touch.”

As if to prove Heechul wrong, the banging against the wall became considerably rougher, causing a couple of things on Eunhyuk and Donghae’s tables to fall off.

Heechul blew an impressed whistle, “I stand corrected.”

~*~

“That was amazing.” Sungmin sighed, making himself comfortable in Kyuhyun’s arms. “If our life is always gonna be that fantastic, then we can guarantee that we’ll be together forever.”

“Definitely,” Kyuhyun agreed. “Still can’t believe you lied to me though.”

“Oh, get over it.” Sungmin waved him off. “Oh, by the way, I’ve been meaning to tell you something.”

“What is it?” he asked.

“Even though all those things I told you before were bull,” Sungmin turned to face him, a cheeky grin across his lips. “I still want that big, fat wedding.”

“Well then,” Kyuhyun knew better than to argue; he was just going to lose anyway. “I guess I better start ting a buttload of money.”

Sungmin laughed before ripping the sheets off Kyuhyun’s nether regions and pouncing on him—again.

~*~

WELCOME BACK PARK JUNGSOO <3