final ( 2/2 )

[TAEKOOK] It Is Beginning To Look Like Love (Right?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was sometime in July —of course after their café date, in the middle of their project making in Taehyung’s empty garage when unexpected and unplanned things escalated but maybe, maybe it’ll change something —or maybe everything.

 

 

 

 

    Taehyung was sticking newspapers on their replica’s body part to fully covered and then paint it. Only after that they will test it out at the park near the said guy’s house.

 

    Jungkook laid down on the floor on his stomach beside Taehyung and was calculating some final stuffs on the test pad before he decided the calculations were getting out of hand and his head felt like it was about to burst with all the nonsense calculations.

 

    He then laid his head sideways and silently watching Taehyung who was so immersed in glueing and pasting the newspapers on the aeroplane.

 

 

 

 

    He chuckled to himself when Taehyung’s strong eyebrows furrowed in concentration and a bit of his tongue sticking out from his pink lips. Occasionally it when his lips gone dry; maybe caused by the soft blow of evening winds that came from the opened garage.

 

    Jungkook then averted his gaze to Taehyung’s skilful hands, ripping the newspapers into shreds and glued it before carefully pasting it on the model. The way those thin but beautiful fingers moved made Jungkook really couldn’t tear his eyes away because simple —Taehyung’s hands are simply gorgeous.

 

    Jungkook made a mental note to himself that not only Taehyung had a handsome face and a beautiful body proportion but it is the same thing with his precious hands; even though his shoulders are not as broad as Jungkook’s.

 

 

 

 

    “Why are you staring at me like that?” Taehyung asked out of the blue. Jungkook was woken up from his daydream about Taehyung when the deep voice hit his ear drums.

 

    Taehyung awkwardly glanced at Jungkook a few times before he tried busying himself by continuing his task. Jungkook could sense that Taehyung was a bit uncomfortable but still, he sat up and joined Taehyung, trying to ease the awkwardness between them.

 

 

 

 

Or maybe not. —Jungkook’s inner self stated.

 

 

 

 

    “Hyung, can I ask you a question?” Jungkook broke the thick silence between them that neither both of them realised it was there. He stopped ripping the newspapers and stare at the elder who was in the middle of putting some glue on a ripped newspaper.

 

A soft sound of deep chuckle emitted from Taehyung’s voice box and God I could die on the spot —Jungkook internally screamed

 

Jungkook could feel that his heart was beating fast even just from the sound of Taehyung’s chuckle. But he doesn’t question what was wrong with him like Taehyung did because he found this weird rush feelings did bring some kind of weird serenity in him.

 

    “Do you need to ask anyway? Because before this you have never asked for permission or something like that before you bombarded me with weird questions.” Taehyung looked at him for a split second before he continuing his task; pasting the newspaper on the other side of the aeroplane that was still yet to be covered. The corner of his lips quirked up a bit as he said.

 

 

 

 

    Jungkook’s face was a bit red from Taehyung’s remarks. Oh well he didn’t realise he did that and —DID HE REALLY ASKED WEIRD QUESTIONS OH GOD!

 

 

 

 

    “I-I’m sorry, hyung. I didn’t realise that. But really this time… Can I ask you one question?” He asked. Unconsciously fiddling with his fingers and still looking at the boy in front of him who didn’t stop and stare back at him; not like how a decent conversation supposed to be.

 

    “Shoot.” Came the fast reply.

 

Jungkook gnawed at his bottom lip a bit before he decided to just ask Taehyung or else he wouldn’t have the chance anymore.

 

 

 

 

    “D-do you by any chance, uh… hate me, hyung?” Jungkook’s voice came out small than he intended to but Taehyung’s skilful hands came to a halt nonetheless.

 

He could see the guy in front of him swallowed as his Adam’s apple bobbed up and down.

 

 

 

 

Finally, Taehyung’s dark chocolate orbs met his. They stared for awhile.

 

    Taehyung was in debate with himself to what kind of answer will he give Jungkook and Jungkook was waiting for the answer from the guy in front of him patiently when deep inside he didn’t even know what kind of answer he’s expecting.

 

He his lips once.

 

     “Yeah but not so much now.” Taehyung lightly fiddled with his fingers. Trying to look at everywhere but the beautiful guy in front of him.

 

 

 

 

Jungkook’s heart fell a bit upon hearing Taehyung’s answer.

 

 

 

 

    Not that he didn’t realise or sensed that the elder didn’t like him from the first day he transferred into their school, but hearing it straight out of the mouth from the boy he secretly admired —a bit; in Jungkook’s denial, gave a different impact from the cold shoulder he received before this.

 

Quickly regained his usual self, his brain registered —really, really registered, what Taehyung said earlier.

 

    “Not so much now? You mean you didn’t hate me that much anymore?” Jungkook couldn’t help the excitement in his voice and the grin that was threatening to appear on his face so he decided to let it show.

 

Did he really teasing me right now?

 

Taehyung mentally cursed himself —and maybe the gorgeous boy too. He just couldn’t help it.

 

    “You could say that.” He mumbled. But of course Jungkook caught that clearly.

 

    “But why, hyung? I mean why did you hate me and why it has somehow lessen now?” He asked again. Scooting a bit closer to Taehyung. When Taehyung didn’t give any response of getting away from him, he lightly pushed their projects out of the way and scooted closer.

 

Jungkook then sit cross-legged and propped his head on his hands; hands on both of his knees and stare at Taehyung.

 

    Jungkook didn’t mind the close proximity between them even though his heart was practically beating like a drumroll in his ribcage and Taehyung only stared back at him; looked hesitant to answer his questions earlier.

 

When Taehyung took a bit long time to answer that, he voiced again.

 

    “Hyung, it’s okay to tell me. It’s okay to be honest. I won’t get mad. Promise.” He assured Taehyung and a hand was on his shoulder. Trying to deliver the message that no, he won’t get mad. He’s not lying.

 

 

 

 

Taehyung didn’t know why in the world he didn’t fight and turn down Jungkook’s requests this time and let the boy do what he wanted.

    

Taehyung didn’t know why he didn’t push or scoot away to a safe distance from Jungkook when that boy came to him and casually rested his hand on his shoulder.

 

Taehyung didn’t know why his heart was beating fast again and the butterflies rose in his stomach. He didn’t know why his chest felt warm when Jungkook reassure him that everything’s going to be okay even if he tell him the truth; that he hate him —or hated, maybe.

 

Taehyung didn’t know why and when Jungkook’s voice sounded so heavenly in his ears and since when his body and mind decided that maybe it was the best sound he have ever heard —even though he was a bit late to realise that.

 

 

 

 

A small sigh escaped his full lips.

 

 

 

 

Okay might as well going on with this.

 

 

 

 

    “If you asked me why I hate you, then I didn’t know it myself”

 

 

 

 

Screw you Taehyung! Of course you wouldn’t tell him that you’re jealous of his good looks and the fact that he gained a lot more attention than you on the first day he came here.

 

That sounded so unreasonable and stupid so Taehyung saved himself from the humiliation.

 

 

 

 

    Taehyung averted his gaze from his hands and met Jungkook’s. The boy was still looking at him with a wide smile and his cheeks looks so soft; in Taehyung’s perspective, and his round eyes practically imploring Taehyung to give in and answer his questions truthfully.

 

    “And yeah. I didn’t hate you that much anymore. Or maybe none at all.”

 

Taehyung finally gave a small smile to Jungkook. He could see Jungkook’s earlier stiffed shoulder deflate in relief and that made his heart swelled with happiness out of nowhere.

 

    “But really are you sure you didn’t know the reason for your hatred on me?” Jungkook lightly laughed. Left hand now on Taehyung’s shoulder fully. The side of their bodies lightly pressed with each other; courtesy to Jeon Jungkook who seemed to be braver today.

 

Taehyung was silent and gnawed at his lower lip for a awhile.

 

    “I hate to admit but you’re handsome and gorgeous and you got more attention than me on the first day you came here…” His voice falters. Taehyung looked at Jungkook. The smiled that was plastered on the cute face was never as wide as that moment. And Taehyung continued.

 

    “I know the reason to hate you was pure dumb but I just couldn’t help it. Maybe I was jealous or something. I’m sorry.” He finished.

 

 

 

 

He was then enveloped into a sudden hug —a bone crushing hug. Taehyung chocked on his saliva right when his face met with Jungkook’s shoulder blade because of the shock.

 

    Meanwhile the other man buried his face in the elder’s neck and trying to calm his heartbeats at the same time; neither of them would  actually expect to find themselves in this kind of position —hugging.

 

    “Uh Jungkook?” Taehyung’s voice came out muffled and his hands flailed helplessly at the side; couldn’t decide what to do —whether to stay like that or hug Jungkook back.

 

    “Just give me a minute, hyung.” He breathed out. Warm breath tickled the skin at Taehyung’s neck making him lightly shivered and having goosebumps. The grip on his body tightened because of the boy in his arms and Taehyung; being still confused and heartbeats rate rose higher and faster than ever from the sudden squishing hug from Jungkook, decided to hug the younger back.

 

Hands slowly hugging the firm body and slowly but comfortably rest his head sideways on Jungkook’s broad shoulder.

 

    “I’m sorry for the unnecessary cold shoulder I gave you. Maybe it was intended at first but slowly I don’t think I can keep doing that to you when all you do is being nice to me.”

 

    Taehyung breathed out. He didn’t know why the hell he was explaining himself again to Jungkook willingly but he guessed it was the right choice when the burden he felt whenever he tried to hate and show his hatred towards Jungkook were now lessen and his chest felt lighter than ever.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter