Final

The Heart Is Broken

Suho is sitting at the living room holding the Smart TV’s remote. He goes to Youtube and plays a certain video under his Favorites playlist. He watches the last part of EXO Showtime episode 12. As he sees himself trying to coax Kris to go into the winter sea, Suho finds himself reliving on what had happened on that day.

He was about to feel disappointed when Kris attempts to stubbornly reject his special request. He sees Tao approaching Kris in an attempt to convince the M leader, but only to see Kris finally submitting to Suho’s request. As the video goes on, Suho later sees the part wherein Kris flashed his signature gummy smile as he made the run towards the sea. Suho at that time in the video was standing beside Tao. As Kris walks into the waters, somehow he felt a little bit nervous for Kris’s safety. And while he hears Yixing shouting to Kris that he should go further into the sea, Suho secretly wishes during that time that Kris will come back to the shoreline safely.

The video goes on showing Kris enjoying himself at the winter sea. And when Kris shouted, “EXO! Let’s love!”, Suho just let his tears fall down from his eyes. The video continues to show Suho going towards the end of the shoreline to welcome Kris back. The moment when Kris finally came back and hugged the tiny leader, Suho could not help but break down.

Suho remembered very well when he hugged a chilling and shivering Kris as he came back. How he wished that he could tried not letting Kris go from his grasp few months back. The world does not understand how Suho longs to hug this giant leader once again and to feel his warmth and everything about him. Suho wonders on how he was able to celebrate his birthday as not complete OT12 and without Kris beside him.

Suho replays the video once again and watches it again. The tears kept falling from his eyes as he cries watching that part again. He kept replaying the video again and again, and he crouches himself down into the fetus position and sobs.

Suho continued crying as he hears his heart breaking all over again. He kept wondering on why Kris had to leave them. He lifts his head up and looks at the window outside as he roughly wipes his face full of tears. It was a bit bright outside. Suho places his fist under his nose to control himself from crying. He dislikes the fact the source of his sunshine in his life was no longer with him anymore. Yes, Kris is Suho’s sunshine. He is the same person who can make Suho flash his sunshine smile.

He replays the video once again and when he sees the hugging part, he cries once again on his knees. At this point, Yixing and Kyungsoo went out of the room to get water from the kitchen. But they both stopped on their tracks when they saw Suho crying.

“Hyung!” One shout from Kyungsoo was enough to gather the rest of the members to the living room.

Tao immediately sat beside Suho and brought him to his embrace. Youtube was playing another video under the Favorites playlist. Kyungsoo pressed the previous button and found out that Suho was watching the last part of EXO Showtime episode 12.

“Hyung, you’re watching that again?!” Kyungsoo somehow shouted in surprise.

Suho just continued sobbing and Tao could not help but to cry as well.

Chanyeol, in dismay and in anger, shouted, “Suho hyung, please stop watching that! You’re just hurting yourself over and over again!”

Sehun could not help himself but be fumed up deep inside. When he could not bear it anymore, he turns around and goes off to the kitchen to cool himself down. Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol also left as well to follow Sehun with an angry heart.

Baekhyun quietly watches Suho and Tao crying, and he also cried silently too. Yixing, Xiumin, Jongin and Luhan were sitting down on the floor in silence.

When the video was done playing, Kris’s “Time Boils the Rain” started to play. Baekhyun’s eyes widened at that moment as he looked at the TV. The leader had listened to Kris’s song?!

Tao held Suho’s right hand while still embracing him at the side. Yixing, Xiumin, Jongin, Luhan, and Baekhyun silently watched and listened to the song. Suho and Tao were listening to it as well.

Tao sings the chorus aloud (but not overpowering the loudness of Kris’s voice) as he slowly sways Suho and himself together continuously. Tao continues to sing aloud after the chorus, and that prompted Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Chanyeol to go back to the living room.

Tao continued to sing the song aloud all the way to the end. The other members silently listened to the song and thought about the shocking fact that Tao and Suho had listened to the song.

 

你曾說過不分離

You said that you would not part with me
要一直一直在一起

And that we would be together forever
現在我想問問你

Now I want to ask you
是否只是童言無忌

Was it just a kid’s babble?

 

天真歲月不忍欺

I did not have the heart to cheat you during our green days
青春荒唐我不負你

Neither did I betray you when we were young and stupid
大雪求你別抹去

Oh heavy snow, I beg you
我們在一起的痕跡

Please do not erase the traces of our past

 

大雪也無法抹去

Oh, the heavy snow must not be able to erase
我們給彼此的印記

The memory we left to each other

 

今夕何夕

What date is it today?

青草離離

Green grasses are thick
明月夜送君千里

The bright moon accompanies you a thousand miles away
等來年 秋風起

I am waiting for next year’s autumn wind

 

As the song comes to a close, they all kept their silence as they try to put Kris’s beautiful singing voice inside their hearts.

 

END.