The Plan to Execute

Checkmate

I’ve been facing this crappy laptop for few hours now, still trying to find useful information about Kim Joon Myun that I can get from the internet. But these sites give me the same repetitive stuff, things that everybody else already know. What do I expect anyway? If it’s not because netizens are not really interested in his life, then it’s because he is just keeping himself more private.

The dominant data is about Kim Joon Myun being one of the youngest C.E.Os in the country. In few months, he will be taking his father’s position in SG Entertainment. A business tycoon at the age of 24, and here I am, already 18 but not even in one-sixteenth of where he is right now. Still I have my own excuse for that. I was not born rich, he was, so it’s really easier for him to be in there, while I obviously need to work day and night in order to eat properly and buy myself some good things.

In two weeks, there’s going to be an open audition in their company, and he will one of the juries to personally choose who to accept and take as trainees. Actually, I’ve been going back and forth there during auditions but I always failed. I won’t say it’s because I’m not good enough. The reason why I never get picked is because my resume is not really that impressive. Being a trainee doesn’t only require you to have a talent. It will requires you to have enough money to pay for this and that, be able to buy this and that, and be able to go here and there, which is, in my case, is pretty hard to get.

Now, before that audition, the fourth audition in SG that I’m going to attend, I should be able to establish a proper plan to execute for Kim Joon Myun, my target.

“knock knock” I look behind me only to find Eunji, my bestfriend, already entering my room. “What’s up?”

“Getting to know my subject.” I say with that simple hint because I know she will get it right away. I technically tell everything to this friend. She stands behind me as I go back to my work, looking over to see what I am working on.

“He looks more like an idol than a future C.E.O.” She comments and I have to agree. Kim Joon Myun’s appearance is hard not to praise. In fact, I think I’m developing some crush on him. Well, that’s because he’s very good looking, of course.

“The thing is, I don’t know anything else.” I admit. “I’ve been searching and he really seems like a private person. How would I make a move then?”

“It’s probably because it’s still months away before he officially takes their business. Things about him will come out in few more weeks, I guess.”

“But the audition is in two weeks, Eunji-ah. I don’t have time to wait for those things.”

“So? Are you going to go like stalking him?” She starts to look at me weirdly with that almost disgusted face, as if she’ll go against that idea if I ever tell her I’m willing to do that. She’s that kind of friend who will support you in any way she can, but first, you’ll have to hear a lot of scolding.

“How would I stalk someone I can’t even find the place?” I reply implying that I won’t stalk him, though I can have that option, which kind of irritates her, of course.

“You should just go to that audition, exert more effort, and who knows? Maybe it will be yours this time.”

I sigh to that, not because I don’t believe her, but because I’m already losing hope. If I don’t get to be at least on Joon Myun’s side, then I doubt I’ll get in. Some audition judges will be the same ones who used to watch me before, so if they rejected me then, they will still reject me any time. That is so frustrating.

“If it’s just that easy, you know.” I tell her with eyes almost rolling. She shakes her head. Suddenly, I notice her rubbing the back of her arm. “Something happened?”

“Well, I was a bit stupid a while ago, almost got hit by a car.”

“What?!!!” She says it so casually but I act like she was rushed to the emergency room. I was nervous for few seconds only to calm down after realizing she is not really hurt so much. “Why were you not looking on the road?”

“I know, I don’t know what happened, too.” She chuckles a bit in embarrassment and only shakes her head. “The ahjussi who was driving the car had to stop to check on me. He was offering to drive me to the nearest clinic, but since I knew I was fine, so I refused.”

“Aha!” I snapped my fingers up in the air after getting some idea into my head. Eunji is surprised then starts looking at me weirdly again.

“What do you mean ‘Aha’?” She asks with her confuse head and I decide not to tell her about it. She’ll argue about it for sure.

If getting hit by Joon Myun’s car is the key to get him know me, I would do that.

But now I have one problem left. I need to know what he drives, where does he go, and what places does he travel every day. I could not do it on a main road, I might be dead before he could come for rescue. I can’t do it on a small street, I will look really stupid of crossing the road when obviously, there’s a car coming, something I impossibly won’t see.

“I’m curious to know what’s up with you now.” My thoughts are distracted when Eunji talks again.

“It’s nothing, just a spur of a moment thought. I’m not dwelling on it so much now.” I say pretending to shrug whatever idea has gotten into me. I smile and turn back to my laptop, catching where I’d left of.

Gotcha. It’s his condo unit address. Gangnam. Home of the rich. Of course, what do I expect of this man?

Now, a petty car accident on one of the streets in Gangnam? I should think of how I would not look so stupid.