The Celebration

Olympians Iliad

The gold sun beams brilliantly on Baekhyun’s naturally fevered skin as he makes his way to the celebration. He thinks 100 years seems trivial in comparison to an almost certain eternity, and it is most likely an unnecessary festivity. However, Sehun never passes up the chance to throw a party and get the Demi Gods and Goddesses incoherently inebriated with his prodigious amount of wine. Besides, Baekhyun loves any excuse to pluck away at his harp while his voice oozes precious lullabies that would melt a mortal’s soul.

The smell of grapes strongly embalm the air, and Baekhyun knows hes reached Sehun’s residence. He approaches an all too familiar lake that is vast and filled with glistening wine. The field before him stretches for miles, and he can see images of Sehun dancing with satyrs and nymphs through the tall grass as Baekhyun chimed beautiful melodies using his voice and any instrument of choice; preferably his golden harp. After making his way through the fields, he arrives at the castle like mansion that is made of dioptase crystal and covered in grape vines. There is a crystal spike that stands tall from the top of the mansion, and inside it is Sehun’s thyrsus that is wrapped in vines of ivy and topped with a clear crystal pinecone.

Baekhyun makes his way into the mansion, it's obvious no guests have arrived yet and there is no sound other than the violins that Baekhyun had enchanted to play for Sehun whenever Sehun pleased.

“Sehun, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun calls out in hopes of receiving a reply in the seemingly vacant abode.

“Dining area!” He hears Sehun’s voice coming from another room. He always either sounds too indifferent or too excited, and it isn’t the latter for the time being.

Baekhyun enters the dining area and Chanyeol is by his side immediately. “Where is everyone?” Baekhyun asks.

“I decided to tell you that the celebration was an hour earlier than it actually is. You can hate me if you’d like, but I need you to enchant an instrument for every room. There will be plenty of guests and I’m sure I won’t be the only colleague of yours who plans on using one of those vacant spaces while romance dances through the air. Oh, Baekhyun, if only you knew what kind of mood your music can put two people in.” Sehun winks at Baekhyun as he sips wine from his decorative glass.

“I do know, and don’t forget that I can just as easily have it make you go insane just like it does to your little friend.” Baekhyun makes a hand movement around his own s. Sehun rolls his eyes in response and leans back in his dining room throne.

If there were a perfect way to describe a spoiled brat, it would be Sehun’s existence, or that’s what Baekhyun thinks. However, he loves him all the same. He's aggravating, but has been one of Baekhyun’s best friends for the past 100 years, and also his best colleague.

Baekhyun begins going from room to room enchanting a plethora of instruments; Chanyeol not staying far from him in the meantime.

 

Baekhyun starts tuning a violin in the dance hall as Chanyeol enters the extremely large room, the vibration from the strings of the gorgeous instrument sailing along the walls into their ears and setting a familiar mood. Then Baekhyun begins playing, creating an entire new composure that’s never been heard before, it reigns true that he’s the god of music, the notes and chords coming so easily to him he can create new ones with the blink of an eye. 

 

Chanyeol bows towards Baekhyun, arm outstretched behind him with his other turned in toward against stomach. Looking back up at Baekhyun he asks, “Can I have this dance?” raising his eyebrow and smiling.

 

“Chanyeol, what are you doing?” Baekhyun laughs and covers his mouth.

 

“What? There’s no one around and this dance hall isn’t being put to use yet.” Chaneyol holds out his hand, hoping the shorter will take it and oblige. “Come on Baek, humor me.” and with that said Baekhyun gives him a knowing glance and goes back to playing the violin.

 

“Fine, but only because i’m done tuning this violin.” and then Baekhyun the bow across the strings one final time and lets go, walking towards Chanyeol. The instrument floats and continues to produce serenading melodies as if someone were there playing it unseen.

 

They take each others hand, the other on each of their waists and sway back and forth. letting the waves of resonance from the violin be their guide. Chanyeol turns and spins Baekhyun and then pulls him back in, pressing him against his chest whilst looking down at him. Baekhyun stares up at chanyeol and bites his lip, making the taller boy flash a smile and chuckle a little. 

 

They hear slow clapping and turn their heads toward the entrance, “Who would have known that the god of war would be such an excellent dancer.” Kai snorts, pushing himself off the frame of the doorway and starts walking towards them. Already arriving at their spot within the blink of an eye.

 

“Oh don’t you have anything else better to do, like bother Sehun?” Chanyeol asks rolling his eyes.

 

“Nah, I decided to see what you two love birds were up to.” Kai flashes over and puts his arm on Baekhyun’s shoulder, leaning into him.

 

“Geez, do you have to flash over every time you move? It was literally two feet.” Baekhyun asks, growing increasingly annoyed with Kai for barging in on them.

 

“Two feet too many,” Kai answers, leaning off Baekhyun and continuing on with his sentence. “Everyone’s on their way but I got here first, obviously.” And then he flashes back towards the entrance.

 

“Ugh, why are you so arrogant?” Baekhyun asks, wishing he would just go bother someone else for the time being.

 

“Because i’m an .” Kai retorts, showing both of them a smirk.

 

“Oh and Sehun wants everyone in the dining area, all the guests are arriving and he wants us to be alone for our own private little get together. See ya there.” He continues, Then flashes away, taking Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s annoyance with him.

 

“Alright, best we better get to the dining hall before Sehun throws a fit and we all know how that will turn out.” Baekhyun finishes, still smiling at Chanyeol.

 

“Right.” Chanyeol says, as he follows the shorter boy out of the dance hall and they make their way to the celebration. His heart growing warmer with every smile the god of light shows him. 

 

Sehun called Baekhyun and Chanyeol as well as the rest of the twelve Olympians into the dining room as they arrived to his crystal castle, to celebrate with each other without distraction, considering it was the one hundred year anniversary of their creation.

 

They filled the room one by one, Kris being the last to enter, flicking his finger making the doors magically shut behind him as he crossed the threshold. Music soaring through the air from the instruments Sehun asked Baekhyun to enchant, filling the room with an almost ecstatic resonance.

 

“You never fail to make a dramatic entrance your excellency.” Sehun taunts Kris, taking a sip from his crystal glass as the remaining gods snicker in response.

 

“Still getting drunk as ever I see.” Kris retorts, smirking as well as giving Sehun a knowing glance.

 

“I’m the god of wine and celebration, it’s second nature.” Sehun winks and finishes the wine remaining inside his crystal glass, assuring as promised it refills itself, almost spilling over onto Sehun’s hand.

 

“But what about Luhan over here, shouldn’t he be delivering babies or something.” Sehun continues, chuckling loudly as he raises his head and leans back into his dining room throne, giving Luhan a mischievous look.

 

Luhan suddenly stares at Sehun, bow already in hand, an arrow fully pulled back quickly sails past Sehun’s head and digs itself into the backboard of his chair.

 

“Don’t forget i’m god of the hunt as well as archery. Why don’t you go get drunk and pass out somewhere? It’s not like you do much anyways.” Luhan suggests, disgusted by Sehun’s sudden way of lightening the atmosphere, not finding it very amusing. 

 

Chanyeol being next to Baekhyun wrapped him in his arms, covering and shielding him, seeing what had happened out of the corner of his eye. Chanyeol being the god of war and violence, it was almost instinctual to protect Baekhyun. Considering they were the best of friends.

 

“Sorry, are you okay?” Chaneyol looks at Baekhyun, worried and shaken by the sudden act of heroism.

 

“Yeah I’m fine, but what’s wrong with them?” Baekhyun smiles at Chanyeol and gestures over the table and across the dining room hall. 

 

“Luhan please! I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t treat my husband as one of your prey.” Lay demands, leaping from his seat in surprise of witnessing what just happened.

 

Xiumin walks up behind Luhan and rests his hands on Luhan’s shoulders, working in circular motions to release the stress built up within them.

 

“Now Lay, that’s no fair. Let our husbands have their fun.” Xiumin smiles, winking at Lay and Sehun. As the god of beauty he charms everyone with his gestures.

 

“Enough!” Kris shouts, the dining hall shaking vigorously as if there were thunder raging outside the very windows, getting everyones attention. “Can we stop behaving like children and start acting like the gods we are?” He continues, siting down in his throne and sighing. Resting his hand on his forehead and massaging the bridge of his nose.

 

“And that’s my cue to leave.” Baekhyun laughs to Chanyeol and starts to walk away.

 

“Do you want me to come with you?” Chanyeol suggests, hoping Baekhyun will say yes because he doesn’t want to leave his side. Growing even more fonder of the god of light and music since their embrace of casual fate just a moment ago.

 

“Oh no, I’ll be fine. I’m just more than likely going to sing for the nymphs and watch them dance, i’m sure they’ll enjoy that. You should stay here with Sehun and make sure they don’t rip him to shreds. He seems to be throwing quite the party.” Baekhyun and Chanyeol chuckle, smiling at each other before Baekhyun waves at Chanyeol and strides off. The doors opening magically and closing the same way as he walks out with a deadening thud.