introduction.

A Self-Proclaimed Relationship

Chapter 00.

            “Krystal, could you get any faster?” shouts my mom. I was in a hurry to pack all my things. I brought all my personal belongings with me and some important stuff too. I had to pack not because we’re going on a vacation but because I’m meeting my new family. No, I’m not going to be adopted but I’m going to live in a house with some other singers and dancers like me. It is a variety show wherein we gather and be friends. I accepted it since it sounded interesting. “I’m coming!” I shouted and took the last bag and headed down to my mom. “All set” was all I said.

            “Oh, John, look at our sweetie, she’s going to be gone for a while.” My mom told my dad dramatically as I rolled my eyes. I’m not a seven year old girl anymore. I could handle myself. “Well, I got to get going or I’m going to be late for my schedule mom. Bye! I’ve going to visit often.” I kissed them in their cheeks and left house I’ve been staying my whole life.

            We headed to the music show I’m attending today to perform and a lot of artists were there to my surprise. “Why are there lots of artists today?” I asked. My manager looked at me, confused. “It’s the 200th day special episode today. Have you forgotten?” I shook my head to avoid scolding from my manager. Why didn’t I remember that? I walked to my waiting room and my hair stylist and make-up artists started fixing me. So today is the day where great artists would be here. I’m excited to see them.

            As I was getting ready, I heard a knock and turned around as the person got in. It was the producer of the variety show I’m in. “Good Morning Krystal. Today’s the day. You’re finally going to meet your new family. Not everyone is in today’s show but there are some in here. You’ll be seeing them later at your new house. Here is your key to the gate and to your room. Your room number is attached to the key. Bye.” And he left. I put the key inside my bag and looked myself in the mirror and I’m ready for my performance.

 

            Few hours later, the show was done and it was a success. Everyone did great but my day doesn’t end here. I had to get to the backstage as fast as I can and headed to the car going to the new house. I was nervous all the way to the house. Who am I going to live with? Do I know them? What kind of person are they? That’s what I thought of while travelling. And here we are, at my new house.

            I went in and I was totally dumbfounded when I saw the place. It was amazing. It’s so close to my dream house. It made me smile. It was a two-storey house and my room is probably on the second floor. All places in this house has camera. My room is at the end of the floor which was nice for me. I brought my luggage to the room and sorted them out. My guitar was placed beside the bed I chose.

            Hours later, I heard the doorbell. I went down to see who that was. “Hi, I’m Krystal Jung.” I greeted her with a smile. “Hey, I’m Yoon Bomi. So you’re one of the people who’ll live here. That’s great! What room are you in?” She asked with a genuine smile. How could this person be so jolly and no worries? “I’m in room three. You?” I asked in return and all she gave me was a smile and a hug. “We’re in the same room!” That made me surprise. The first person I get to see in this house is my roommate, Yoon Bomi, one of the princesses of the dance floor, is going to be my roommate.

            We both entered the room and she fixed her things. After a few minutes, the room was filled with silence. Even though we are a princess of the dance floor, we often get to talk since we have a different team. “Hey Krystal, want to break the ice? Let’s do some dancing.” She smiled. I gave her a smile and nodded. We headed down to the dance studio, which was a surprise to us. How could a house have a dance studio? I took my iPod and chose a song. We looked at ourselves in the mirror as we prepared for the dance. I chose the song ‘Should’ve Kissed You’ by Chris Brown. We did dance this on stage but we had different steps. We danced to the music as it plays and I can see that it was beautiful though we had different steps. The music stopped as the two of us sat on the floor and we heard claps by the door. We looked at those people and they were familiar faces.

            “Nice one. As always, the two princesses of the dance floor. Hey, I’m Henry Lau. It’s nice meeting the two of you. I thought no one was home until I heard the music. It’s very surprising though. You two are rivals on the dance floor but you’re dancing together right now.” Henry said with a laugh. Henry Lau is a singer and a composer. He writes his own song which he was known for. “We’re not actually rivals. It’s just what the people call us. We have our own style but you can say a very similar one.” The room was filled with laughter with what Bomi said. It’s actually true. “I see, you two seem so close already. Are you two roommates?” We nodded at his question.

            Henry headed to his room which was room number four. There are eight artists to be living here and Henry, Bomi and I were one of them. Five more artists aren’t here. We were in the living room in the second floor when we heard another doorbell. Henry headed down while Bomi and I were sipping on our cold drinks. It was the best thing to do after a dance practice. As we were chatting, a guy on his twenties, in my opinion, appeared. “Hi, I’m Jung Yunho. Krystal, you’re here? That’s great!” He was a senior of mine. I met him in my first dance competition. He was the person who taught me for the final round of that competition. “Yes I’m here and I’m surprise to see you here. Aren’t you busy?” He shook his head as an answer. Yunho was in room two. Where are the four persons left?

            Hours passed by and I can tell that the four of us are already close. There isn’t a moment that we won’t laugh. It was a very nice decision for me to enter this variety show. I got to meet people who I really have met but have not talked to. The conversation was broken by another doorbell. All of us headed down to see who that was. “Whoa! All of you came here to open the door? Anyway, I’m Lee Yejin, Ailee for short and she’s Kim Hyojung, Hyorin.” I do know them. I have heard of them but I haven’t seen them personally. They’re great singers in the industry. They both share room one.

 

            It’s been almost twelve hours since I came here and we’re only six. The other two aren’t here yet and it’s nine in the evening. We were having our dinner cooked by Yunho. He is the eldest here and he volunteered. While we were eating, we heard noises outside. They were like going in the house. The door opened and there were two guys. “Good Evening. Sorry for being late. I’m Kim Jongdae, call me Chen. Nice meeting you guys.” We introduced ourselves happily as he did. “I’m Oh Sehun.” That was all he said which made the atmosphere so awkward. Chen, known as the greatest vocalist of our generation, is a cheerful guy. He’s famous for that and him, being friends with Oh Sehun is very well-known to people. On the other side, Oh Sehun, who is friends with Chen, is a very famous dancer but he also has the title of an ‘Ice Prince’. He is very cold to people. I don’t get why people loves him. Well, maybe, it’s because of his looks. I admit… he really is a handsome guy. No one could deny that fact.

 

~+~

 

A/N: I know this chapter is short but I just made it an introduction of the story. The real story will start soon.