Roses are Red, Violets are Blue

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue

Everybody had a fantasy of meeting their soul mate and seeing colours for the very first time, including Joonmyeon. At the age ten, he dreamed that he would see the person he was mean't for at the park (Yes, very silly he knew.) Joonmyeon would be walking down the garden trail and his soul mate would be walking the opposite direction he was, then they would lock eyes and their worlds would change together.

 

Joonmyeon would see reds, yellows, and everything other color: after they would "romantically" meet in the middle and introduce themselves. Almost everyday after school, Joonmyeon would walk the down the garden trail (More than once.) and hope his fantasy would come true but alas every person he locked eyes with, Joonmyeon's world was still that ugly shade of gray. Joonmyeon complained every night about coming home empty handed with no name or number and with the dull colours still filtered through his eyes.

 

At the time Joonmyeon didn't know it but he filled his parents with sadness everytime he made a careless comment about not finding his soul mate. Joonmyeon's perspective changed at the age of fourteen. Joonmyeon had just came home from schpool and his ritual park walkthrough that still left him color-less. Joonmyeon's day had just been the worst: He witnessed his bestfriend finding his soul mate which in turn made Joonmyeon very envious. Addition to that nobody had wanted to go to the middle school dance with him because he wasn't their soul mate. He also lost the the campaign for class president.

 

Joonmyeon admits it wasn't his best day at school but he shouldn't have brought his bad emotions back home with him. Joonmyeon had given his parents attitude, did his chores angrily, and even backed talked (To which he got grounded.) But now Joonmyeon knew better and to let nature take control and he'll meet his soul mate when he/she happened to pass him. But a thought always lingered in the back of his brain: not everyone found their soul mate or stayed with them.

 

Joonmyeon's parents were a prime example. His mother could see colours while his father couldn't. Joonmyeon's mother had met her soul mate when she was a teenager in the candy aisle at the grocery store, while at the time she was already dating Joonmyeon's father but she hadn't left him because someone gave color to her world. Thats what scared Joonmyeon the most. What if his soul mate didn't want him? What if his soul mate was already in a relationship? What if Joonmyeon was with someone already by then? 

 

But here Joonmyeon was: sixteen years old, working in his family's cafe, and still colorless. But don't dont get him wrong! A lot of people come up to Joonmyeon and ask for his number or flirt with him but they weren't what he was looking for. Joonmyeon wanted someone to brighten his day and to hold him tightly at night when he's scared or to cry with him when he's sad. 

 

Joonmyeon smiles politely at an elderly couple as they gets up from the table and leave. He lets out a small sigh as he picks up the empty tea cup and plate, setting them on the tray he carries. A shadow passes the window but Joonmyeon pays no attention to it and he sits on the chair the elder sat on. Suddenly Joonmyeon looks at a stray napkin on the wooden table and picks it up, he starts to chuckle immediately. He smiles and hums to the slow love ballad in the background as he holds his head up on the palm of his hand.

 

I have a grandaughter, who would love to meet a gentleman like you.

- (xxx)xxx-xxx

 

The world certainly doesnt agree with Joonmyeon yet, so he's going to sit back and relax for awhile.