I

Lucky

Both of them went out the luxurious limo unisonly.

“Welcome to your house, Mr and Mrs Byun.” greeted the chauffeur.

“My house.” she chuckled.

“Its MY house.” he bickered.

“I can’t believe I’m married to you, Byunbaek.” she grunted.

“ Byunbaek? It’s supposed to be ‘yeobo’ right now, flatty.” He smirked, while looking at her chest.

“You erted !” and he received a smack from his wife.

A MONTH AGO,

“We have planned to get you guys married.” said Mr. Byun.

“You guys look good together.”  complimented  Soo Jin’s mother.

“Hmm, sounds good. When is the ceremony?” asked Baekhyun carefreely, while his mouth was busy chewing his food.

“You don’t mind?” Mrs Byun asked, surprised with Baekhyun’s reaction.

“At least I’m going to marry someone I’m familiar to.  Not other rich, pampered girls.” He mumbled.

“He’s got a point.” smiled Soo Jin while snapping her fingers near Baekhyun’s ear.

“Hey!” Baekhyun grunted.

“Hello buddy! Err, I mean hubby ^^” Soo Jin chuckled while laying her arm’s on Baekhyun’s

“Whatever, wifey.” Baekhyun grunted.

The family meeting went smoothly beyond expectation. Both sides were agreeing on marrying each other, which leaving their parent’s in confusion.

Byun Baekhyun.

25 years old. Holding the CEO seat, replacing his father in Beyond Corporation. Matured. Independent. Sensitive. Playful. Childish.

Lee Soo Jin.

23 years old. Holding the Management Director in her father’s company,  BanJin Corporation. Sporty. Funny. Emotional. Active.

Both of them were best friends since kindergarten. Sharing tears and laughters together. The thoughts of marrying each other always appears everytime they were becoming sincere towards each other. They had always understand each other. Each other weaknesses and strengths. No wonder they are not surprised that they are getting married. Besides, this is for the company sake, right?

A WEEK AGO

“I announced you, husband and wife.”

Both of them stared each other with sarcastic grin on their lips.

Should I kiss you? Baekhyun mouthed his words.

Don’t you dare. Soo Jin widen her eyes.

I have to. Baekhyun smirked.

He approaches Soo Jin’s lips without hesitating. Soo Jin sighed in defeat. While Baekhyun’s lips on hers, a wonderful idea came through.

She let Baekhyun enjoys her kiss. After a dreadful moment, she can hear Baekhyun groaned in pain. She chuckled as he saw Baekhyun annoyed face. He quickly wiped out the blood on his lips.

How dare you bit me!  He mouthed.

Soo Jin happily stick out her tongue.

TODAY

Soo Jin throw her Gucci bag on the leather couch.

“Wah, quite fascinating!” she nodded in amusement.

Baekhyun came in while whistling his own melody with his hands in his pockets.

“Byunbaek! What shall we eat today!” Soo Jin excitedly pointing at the kitchen, jumping in excitement.

“Oh,oh, don’t you dare Lee Soo J—I mean BYUN Soo Jin. I won’t let you burnt down this wonderful house.” Baekhyun teased.

“You were the one who burnt down my house, remember?”

*FLASHBACK (8 years old)*

“ What were you making?” asked Baekhyun curiously, with his squeaky voice.

“ I’m making scrambled eggs!”  smiled Soo Jin.

“I don’t want eggs for breakfast!! I saw some sausages in the refrigerator just now!” Baekhyun rejected the breakfast while pointing at the refrigerator.

“NO!” angried Soo Jin while moving her head, with her curls left and right.

“I’ve cooked scrambled eggs for breakfast and you must eat!” Soo Jin squeaked and continued frying the eggs while singing to a children song.

“ I WANT SAUSAGES!” Baekhyun screamed.

A packet of sausages flew towards Soo Jin but she managed to avoid it. However, it hit the frying pan and causes it to flip over onto the floor. Moreover, it hit the stove and spilt the oil, unfortunately onto the glowing stove causing it to glow brighter.

“MUMMY!” Both of you cried for your mother rushingly.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

“ If you only cook me sausages,” Baekhyun pouted.

“It’s your fault for getting me a tutor on weekends.” Soo Jin recalls back her torture that her dad gave her.

“Well, that gave you benefits you silly, look who you are right now,” Baekhyun  smacked Soo Jin’s head.

“Ouch!” grunted Soo Jin while rubbing her head.

“I’m heading to the bedroom, OUR bedroom. Wanna come?” Baekhyun grinned flirtatiously.

“You ert—“ Soo Jin swears on Baekhyun before she followed him behind.

“They were really in deep thoughts, aren’t they?” Baekhyun sighed in embarrassment.

Unlike Baekhyun, Soo Jin was excited to see a queen sized bed with rose petals decorating it. She throw herself onto the bed and rolled between the comfy blankets.

“It smells so good!!” she mumbled between the blankets while splattering the  petals around.

“Hey, hey, hey! You’re making the room messier!” Baekhyun nagged.

“You’re so noisy! Can’t you smell the pleasant smell?” you pouted.

“Just keep yourself calmed, and go downstairs, take your luggage and unpack them.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and sprinted downstairs.

“I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY HUSBAND!” Soo Jin yelled, expecting Baekhyun to hear her.


After she tidy up the mess she did, she walked downstairs and saw Baekhyun, lying down on the couch with earphones plucked in his ears.

“Hey Byunbaek, I thought we are going to unpack together.” She babbled, but all that Baekhyun does was ignoring her.

“Hey. Hey. HEY.” Soo Jin waved her hands up and down enthutiastically towards Baekhyun and sighed in defeat.

Baekhyun already traveled in the world of dreams, leaving Soo Jin in the castle of boredom. Soo Jin walks towards Baekhyun and sat on the couch next to him.

“Funny.” She whispered.

She took a grab of Baekhyun’s Iphone and unlock the screen, which its pattern code was 1,2,3,5,7 to form the number 7.

“Same old pattern, Byun Baek?” she grinned.

Number 7 was Baekhyun’s and Soo Jin’s favorite number. The reason behind it was childish but cute thought. Both of them achieve their dreams to go to Disneyland while they were 7 and they went there on the month of July. So, they thought the number 7 was a number of luck.

She scrolled down the galleries. She saw many selfies of both of them. Some were pretty and some were hideous. Then, she came across a picture which reminisced everything. A 9 years old Byun BaekHyun and 7 years old Lee Soo Jin hugging each other while facing the camera cheerfully.

“How come did we get married, Byunbaek?” she whispered.


Baekhyun woke up with Soo Jin resting on his arm. And he saw his phone in her hands.

“You stalked my phone, huh?” Baekhyun smirked.

And he saw the same picture that has a great memories of them.

“You missed this, don’t you, flatty?” Baekhyun smiled and placed a peck on Soo Jin’s forehead.

He looked on the clock and it was 1726.

“Hey flatty,” Baekhyun tries to wake Soo Jin up by poking her fluffy milky cheeks, and he failed thought.

“Wake up,” he whispered, and he saw her lips.

“Or I steal those fragile lips of yours.” He smirked, sarcastically.

In a blink of an eye, Soo Jin wokes up and approaches Baekhyun’s face.

“What if I steal yours first?” she replied, and gave a sudden smacked on Baekhyun’s head.

“Don’t think you’re my husband you can do anything, you don’t even really love me, or do you?” asked Soo Jin while raising her eyebrows.

“In your dreams, you FLATTY!” Baekhyun increased his voice and make his way through the main door.

“Where are you going?” Soo Jin curiously asked.

“Searching for something to eat for dinner, why?” he lazily replied, while tying his sneakers.

“Really? Can I follow you?” Soo Jin excitedly asked.

“NO.Go tidy up this house.” he ordered her around.

“Chh.” Soo Jin snickered.

Baekhyun gets into his shiny black Porshe and drive into the highway.

As Soo Jin heard the engine rumming out of the house, she escapes herself to the bedroom and travel to her wonderful land of dreams.

Baekhyun parked his car near the streets. He lean himself on his comfy driver seat and let out a sigh.

She is really carefree, aren’t she? He thought to himself.

Then, he walks out of the car and inhale some not-so-fresh air.  He walked a few steps and saw a swing in a playground near him.

*FLASHBACK( 16 years old)*

Baekhyun was heading back to his house, after buying some ice cream for himself. Then he received a text from his mother.

Baekhyunnie, Mrs Lee daughter has not returned home yet. Is she with you? Would you do a favor? I’ll cook you pasta as a return, will you?

- ♡  Eomma ♡-

Baekhyun sigh in annoyance. It’s in the middle of the night and where the hell Lee Soo Jin would be. He stares the text for a few moment before he decides to ignore it.

I’ll just tell Eomma that I put my phone in silent, so I didn’t realize it.

He walks down the street but somehow he feels uneasy. Where is she? Where are the possible place she could be? He stomped his feet in frustration.

He walks down longer and longer. Suddenly, a cold breeze touched his skin. Shivers were sent to his throat. His face turned pale. Then, he can hear a crying sobbing voice,

Tsk,tsk,tsk.

He stood still in his place.

What can it be? Is it someone, o-or something? Ridiculous thoughts came to his mind.

The voice was very clear and it became worst. He was wobbling hard. His legs was like jelly as he could not afford to stand any longer. He started to dashed to his house before he heard a familiar voice,

Am I too ugly? Am I too despicable? Why he cheated on me? Is it because I came from a rich family?” the voice mumbled.

Baekhyun took a glance on his left and sigh of relief. It was not any ghost or anything supernatural. In fact it was someone he really knows.  He arrogantly stood in front of her who was sitting on a swing. He scoffed. The girl who buried herself in her small hands raise her head.

“Pfft, you were here, CRYING?!” Baekhyun scoffed, holding his laughter.

“What are you doing here?” she sobbed,

“I came across you after I bought some ice-cream. Hey, you stupid kid. Everyone was searching for you, don’t you know? Why don’t you use your brain?” Baekhyun smirked sarcastically while pointing Soo Jin’s head.

Out of the blue, Soo Jin started to cry hysterically.

“ I AM UGLY! I AM STUPID! I AM JUST A RICH BRAT! PEOPLE LOVE ME BECAUSE I AM RICH!!” she yelled.

“Hey, control your voice! The neighbourhood will get mad at us if they heard you lunatic screaming around!!” Baekhyun warned while covering Soo Jin’s mouth.

“Baekhyun oppa.” Soo Jin cried.

Did I hear wrong or did I just heard her calling me oppa? Baekhyun thought to himself while rubbing the back of his neck.

“I’m sorry for being rude as I am younger than you. I didn’t use honorifics and you did not mind. That is so kind of you. I know you are ashamed of me. I am so ugly, despicable, snobbish, pampered. You are with me because you knew I am lonely. I am too lonely. You should fine new friends oppa, new friends. I—“

Soo Jin was cut by Baekhyun’s finger on her lips

“Shut up. You’re such a pearl in my eyes. Don’t believe what people say. I am the truth here. Believe me. I love you just the way you are. If no one wants to protect you, I will. I will protect you, till the end of my life. I promise.”

*END OF FLASHBACK*

“I guess I do have to protect you, huh?” Baekhyun smirked.

It was 2065hrs. Baekhyun were not back yet. Soo Jin’s tummy was grumbling hard. She was too hungry. She went down the stairs and expected ramyun but there is nothing instead. She throw herself back on the couch. She took the remote and the TV. Coincidentally, it was Beyond Corporation breaking news. She saw Baekhyun was talking towards the press.

“Oh, my husband! So cool!” she applaused, proudly claiming Baekhyun is husband.

“Talking bout me?” whispered Baekhyun, out of nowhere.

“OH MY GOD! You surprised me!” she throw the cushion towards Baekhyun.

“What got you so surprised, its your cool husband by the way,” Baekhyun bragged while flipping his hair arrogantly.

“Keep yourself quiet, will you? What did you bought anyway? I’m so damn hungry.” Soo Jin grunted.

“Hamburgers.”

“Hamburgers, you mean hamburgers, only?” Soo Jin asked,

“What did you expect me to buy?” Baekhyun exasperated.

Suddenly Baekhyun was in Soo Jin’s hug.

“THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE RAMYUN AND EAT ALL THE GOOD STUFF!! YOU’RE THE BEAST HUSBAND I WOULD EVER HAD!!” Soo Jin thanked him.

Baekhyun was flustered and unconsciously he smiled alone until he realized that he was out of oxygen.

“Hey, hey, hey. Let—go of me! I’m choking!” he stuttered.

“Thank you!” Soo Jin said, before she gave a peck on Baekhyun’s cheek causing Baekhyun to blush.

That night,

“Let’s sleep together!!” said Baekhyun while pulling Soo Jin into his broad chest and throw themselves onto the bed.

“Ouch! You grabbed my hair!” grunted Soo Jin, who was above Baekhyun.

“Sorry,” and winked to Soo Jin.

A little bit at least caught Soo Jin’s heart. Somehow she was grateful to have Baekhyun as her husband, who had all the criteria of a husband that she ever dreamt of.

“Byunbaek.” She called him.

“What?” he answered while scruffing her hair.

She throw herself back on the bed and look on the ceiling.

“I wonder my life back then without you.” She admitted.

“Empty?” Baekhyun guessed.

“I guess so. Thank you. For being here and there.”

“Come here, you flatty.” Baekhyun pulled her in his arms and both of them were drifted in their sleeps through the night.


The next day, Soo Jin wokes up with a sticky note on her forehead,

Hey, flatty. You made my arm ache. Wake up. I head to office first.

xoxo,

Byunbaek.

Soo Jin can’t stop grinning from the beginning of her day. Plus, when she arrived in her office,

“Morning Ms.Byun, there’s a bouquet of roses awaits you inside.” Greeted Miss Secretary.

Soo Jin walked inside her office and saw the bouquet. She read the note,

This is what a husband should do right? Haha, I’ll pick you up on 1230 for lunch.

xoxo,

Byunbaek.

“What happened to this guy, huh?” she chuckled.

“Since you’re married, your face are getting brighter, Miss Lee, oops, Miss Byun-shi.” The secretary joked while putting a cup of cappuccino on Soo Jin’s table.

Althought there were many files to be sign, but none of it matters. The clock keeps ticking and there is still about 2 hours until 12.

“Oh,,,” Soo Jin bumped her head on the table.

While in Baekhyun’s office,

“Hey, what are you scribbling on the paper?”

Park Chanyeol. An investor in Beyond Corporation. A good friend of Baekhyun since college. Quite nosy person.

“Nothing. Just nothing.” Baekhyun answered, while unconsciously grinning alone.

“Did you do anything? Did you guys do anything?” Chanyeol sneakily asked.

“Stop being a erted ! Nothing happened, okay?” Baekhyun grumbled.

Chanyeol chuckled for a bit. It is funny to see his beloved friend are getting in love with someone he knows really well.

“How is the thing going?” Chanyeol asked,

“Maybe I’ll start the first move first?” Baekhyun raise his eyebrows flirtatiously.

“You sneaky dude! You’re lucky to have her! She’s pretty dazzling, you know!” Chanyeol babbled.

“I’m grateful, to meet her, she was outstanding. I believe we were meant for each other.” Baekhyun bragged.


Time luckily passed as they went on with their work. Both of them promised to meet at the lobby. Roaming her eyes around, Soo Jin saw her smiling Baekhyun. Before she could wave her hand, someone bump into her making her plopped onto the floor. Moreover, the person also screamed something uneasy,

“Baekkie oppa~!!”

Soo Jin flip her hair to the other side to see a clearer vision. Unfortunately, she sees Baekhyun, hugging another girl.

“Oppa, I really misses you!” she flirted while Soo Jin was on the floor in confusion.

“Hye Ri-shi,” another girl came after her, which seemed to be named Hye Ri.

“What is it, Kim coordinator? I’m meeting my long time no see boyfriend,” she pouted, annoyingly.

Boyfriend? You don’t even tell me you have one! grunted Soo Jin.

“Hello,” greeted Soo Jin, while getting up and repairing her skirt and hair.

“Who is this, oppa?” Hye Ri asked,

“This is my—“ Baekhyun was supposed to introduce Soo Jin as his wife, but he was cut by Soo Jin herself.

“I’m Lee Soo Jin,” she introduced.

“Byun,” Baekhyun corrected her,

“No, Lee. Lee Soo Jin.” Soo Jin laid a fake smile.

“So? Who are you?” Hye Ri arrogantly asked,

“She’s the Management Director, or easy said daughter of the CEO of this company, that you auditioned for the modeling position.” The coordinator whispered, loud enough to let everyone to hear them.

Hye Ri widen her eyes.

“Hello, Miss Lee. Are you okay? I’m sorry ~, I didn’t see you? Are you hurt?” Hye Ri started to flattering around Soo Jin.

“Wait--, aren’t the CEO’s daughter is married to you, oppa? Does it mean, HA!” Hye Ri gasped.

“Thank you, Miss Hye Ri. I’ll excuse myself,” said Soo Jin while walking past Baekhyun.

Fortunately, Baekhyun got a grip of her.

“Aren’t we going to lunch together?” Baekhyun whispered.

“Yes, I am going to lunch, but not with YOU.” Soo Jin smirked and let go of the grip.

Baekhyun groaned in frustration. He scruffed his hair and gave a sharp glance on Hye Ri who was staring at him.

“Oppa, shall we eat?” she flirted around Baekhyun while holding his arm tight.

“Let go of me!” Baekhyun grunted.


While slurping her Frappucino,

“He should tell me that he had a girlfriend,” Soo Jin pouted.

Then, she received a text.

Back home. Now.

Byunbaek

“Is he being angry, or what?”

Soo Jin walks toward her car and drive back home, lazily.

“You know, I still have some work left in the office,” Soo Jin babbled while untying her heels.

“Hey, Byunbaek, where are you?”

Baekhyun was nowhere in sight. Soo Jin dragged herself to their bedroom.

“Byunbaek?”

In a swift, Baekhyun caught her in the lips. Soo Jin was shocked. Baekhyun soft lips were so passionate towards her.  After a few seconds of shock, Soo Jin desperately let herself drown in the kiss. Then, Baekhyun let go of his lips and kiss Soo Jin’s forehead.

“What’s that for?” Soo Jin sneakily asked, while biting her lips.

“I’m sorry.” Baekhyun grinned,

“I’m not even jealous.” Denied Soo Jin while rubbing Baekhyun’s y black hair.

“Really?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows,

“I’m just, afraid that you will leave me.” Soo Jin admit, with her red fluffy cheeks,

Then, Baekhyun stole a peck of her’s.

“No, I won’t. She’s nobody. Just a junior. But you,”

He pull her into a short kiss.

“The princess of my heart,” he flirted.

“Stop it,” Soo Jin pouted,

It made Baekhyun’s heart thumping even harder after looking at Soo Jin’s red lips. His hand started to move to her lips and caress it.

“Don’t you dare,” Soo Jin warned.

“ I have to,” Baekhyun flirtatiously grinned and throw themselves on the bed.

xxTHE ENDxx