1: Byun Hyorin

Thank You, Ahn Daniel

07/27/2014: Byun Hyorin's Birthday.

"Get your in here! It's your birthday!" Hyorin's oldest sister called out. "You're ing present isn't going to give itself is it." Hyorin rushed into the living room where her sister was. She grabbed the small box on the table. "Thank you..." she replied in her tiny voice. 

"You're not even going to say thank you?!" She yelled, "Talk about unappreciative. I should have thought twice before buying that for you." Hyorin bit down on her lower lip, "But I did--"

"--Did I just hear what I heard?" Hyorin's mother shouted as she walked in from the kitchen. "You know you're oldest sister works hard each day just to earn money and she was nice enough to buy you that present! Do you wake up early in the morning just to work and get money? I don't think so!" 

Hyorin felt the tears going to fall out her eyes soon. She set the table on the table where she got it and ran to her room. She laid herself on her bed and began to cry. "Are you crying?" The second oldest came in the room and laughed. 

Hyorin ignored her and went under her blanket. "What a cry baby! You can't even take the truth?" she mocked. Hyorin rolled her eyes, "Go away, Kahee!" All she heard was a loud laugh then the door slam. 

Hyorin sighed in relief and popped her face out the blanket. That's when the door slammed open and her two younger siblings, Aecha and Minho run in with their hand held devices, challenging each other. 

Going back into her blanket and sighing, she wished that she hadn't shared a room with her younger sister. 

"Can you two go away please?" Hyorin asked in a raspy tone. 

"No! This is my room too," Aecha spat and went back to playing. 

This day didn't feel like the special day people at school usually say birthdays are. 

It was hell. 

Like any day. 

Hyorin closed her eyes and fell into a deep slumber. 

__

Hyorin woke up later with a throbbing headache and couldn't get rid of it. She sat up on the bed and checked the clock on the small desk beside her that read; 3:08 am. Sighing, she frowned at the thought of not having any of her family wake her up earlier to celebrate her birthday. 

A tear slipped down her cheek, "I don't think they even care about me..." she whispered. Getting out of her bed, she quietly slipped on her sweater and opened the window slowly, making sure her younger sister wouldn't hear. 

She got herself out the house and into a tree where she climbed down and already felt the cool morning air on her cheeks. Walking to the subway station she used the pocket change to pay her fare and left. 

Leaning against the window, heaving a sigh. 

"I'm free..." she thought.

___