The Little Bee

A Perfect Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  A Perfect Birthday

 

The sun’s golden rays embraced the cherry blossoms in a gentle caress. The warm wind of spring brought with it the nature’s fresh scent. I was bored, but all that vanished when I saw that beautiful landscape. All the benches in park weren’t empty anymore. All around me were different kind of people: an old couple was discussing while holding hands, a group of teenagers and a boy and a girl were eating each other faces. It made me sick. But I believe I was just jealous, since I would never be kissed like that by my crush, Lay. . . Sorry for that. On my left, two kids were trying to catch a playful butterfly which in the end landed on my finger. Staring at it colorful wings, moving in slow motion made me realized how perfect the world is. Someone seized my wrist, scaring me, and the butterfly took of.

“Here you are! I stayed in front of the cinema waiting for you. What a relief that you brought your phone. With this awesome app I was able to find you.” That sounded like Eunji. She invited me that morning to see a movie.

“C’mon birthday girl! I told you I’ll pay.” It was obvious ‘cause it was my birthday.

“To be honest, I really want to see a movie, but with someone else.” She started to drag me to the cinema while saying:

“I wanted to ask my brother, but he told me he was busy.” Yup. That’s right, I’m in love with her brother. The life has seemed somehow easy before I fell in love. It just happened. I wouldn’t have wanted to be that way. Everyone told me that love makes you feel like you’re in the seventh heaven. I truly believed that. But for me it was nothing like that. It took just one second to figure out that I wanted to met him, knew him and stand by his side.

We had several conversations and I knew Lay for two years. I got to knew him better when I was chosen to work as the mascot of school’s basketball team. Of course he’s one of the best players in the team and on top of that he was wanted by all the girls in school. He always thought that I was the girl who cleans after them and never knew that I was the lucky Little Bee.

“Anyway, I have to go to school at seven p.m., because I got a text that said there’s a basketball match.”

“We’re gonna have fun today! I meat it!” She smiled.

The dark place, the girl’s complex story in which she didn’t remember about the loved one and the cruel world she lives in, gave me a headache and since I got a call from my PE teacher who told me that the match was going to begin earlier I had to go. I was glad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter