Final

Stress Reliever

 "You're working overtime again, Miss Moon?" I swiveled around my chair and faced my boss.

 "Yes, sir. I'm almost done with my last stack of paperwork."

 "But Miss Moon, today's Friday and it's payday." He gave me my paycheck, but I continued on with my work. I could hear my boss sigh and said,

 "Miss Moon, you've been like this for the past two weeks. You've never work overtime until then. Is something the matter?" I turned to my boss and meekly replied,

 "I'm sorry, sir. I've been having multiple thoughts lately, and I'm sorry I've been behind—"

 "Nonsense! Since you're one of my best employees and you've never used your vacation days, I'll give you a week off starting Monday."

 "But sir—"

 "I'll take care of your paperwork. Besides, you are not that far behind. Go Miss Moon, enjoy your payday."

 "Well, um, thank you." I bowed and grabbed my purse from my desk. As I walked towards the exit, I heard my boss reminding me to rest well. I turned and nodded. I bowed again and then I exited out of the building. I was then occupied by my own thoughts until I heard a deep voice calling my name by my ear. I jumped in fear and a male figure appeared in front of me with an innocent smile.

 "Song Joong Ki! I playfully hit his shoulder, "What are you doing here? I thought you left work fifteen minutes ago."

 "I thought we should hang out since we got our paychecks, and you seem down from the past two weeks."

 I frowned. "You noticed that, too?"

 "Of course, your best friend knows when you're not being yourself. How about I make some jjajangmyun and watch your favorite movie at my house?"

 "Well, okay." I hesitated.

 "Oh come on, Chae. It'll be fun!" Joong Ki held my hand and we went to his home.


 As we arrived to his house, Joong Ki immediately started cooking the jjajangmyun. I went by his television set and I saw my favorite movie on top of the television. I popped the movie in the DVD and waited for the jjajangmyun to finish. After fifteen minutes, I saw Joong Ki holding two plates of the black noodles. He said,

 "You're still watching the commercials, Chae? The jjajangmyun's ready; let's eat!"

 I finished my noodles about halfway through the movie, right at the scene where the main leads were sharing an intimate hug. Unconsciously, I found myself leaning against Joong Ki's shoulder. I deeply sighed.

 "What's wrong?" Joong Ki asked in concern, "Is it about work?"

 "No," I replied. "It's about everything." Joong Ki turned off the television and looked at me.

 "What do you mean by 'everything'?"

 "For the past two weeks, I've been stressed out." Joong Ki nodded and I continued,

 "The reason why is I went to my mom's friend's daughter's wedding two weeks ago, and my mom started bugging me to get married soon."

 "So?"

 "So? She's 24 and I'm 28. She already found someone and I'm still single. I question myself and compare myself to others. I'm scared that when I turn 30, I will be the only one who hasn't married yet."

 "That's what you've been stressing out on? That's crazy, Chae."

 "I know, but I can't stop thinking about it ever since I attended that wedding."

 "Look, Chae," Joong Ki locked his eyes on me, "there's nothing to be worried about. You'll definitely find a guy worth marrying. If not, then it's okay."

 "How so?" I saw that we were now inches apart, with Joong Ki's hand on my cheek.

 "You're an independent woman. You're also hard-working, smart, kind, and beautiful." Joong Ki then lightly kissed my bottom lip. After a few seconds, he kissed me multiple times, each kiss deeper than the last. I closed my eyes while getting lost in his gentle touches. I then felt himself pulling away. I opened my eyes and was greeted by his sheepish grin. He struggled to talk,

 "I'm sorry, Chae. I didn't mean—I mean I did—Well, I don't know if—" I kissed his lips and whispered,

 "It's okay, just kiss me." I continued to kiss him and then he kissed me back. He then gently kissed my neck, and I shivered at that touch. Soon, I found myself on the floor with Joong Ki on top of me. Suddenly, I started giggling. We stopped kissing and Joong Ki also started laughing. He got up and then he helped me up while I was still giggling. I took deep breaths and managed to regain my composure. We were now on the couch.

 "What were we even doing?" I asked, smiling.

 "I thinkwas trying to comfort you." Joong Ki chuckled.

 "Well, that ease my stress a bit."

 "Good." He was grinning now.

 "Thanks."

 "What are friends for?" He gave a short pause before he continued and then said,

 "Just rememeber what I told you before the kiss. Everything I said was true."

 "Will do." I grinned. I then looked at my watch.

 "I think I should go home now, Joong Ki."

 "I'll take you home now, Chae."


 We arrived at my apartment. Just as I was about to get my keys, I heard Joong Ki calling me. I turned around. He told me,

 "If you ever need a stress reliever, you can always call me." He winked.