Dead at Heart (Kai ft. Sehun)

Dead at Heart (Kai ft. Sehun)

The rain battered down onto Kai’s shoulders as he walked through the now dull and lifeless park. He remembered the day you and him had walked here not so long ago. He remembered the sun that reflected in your eyes and made you glow; the way his heart filled with happiness as he watched you. Everything about the park reminded him of you. Even just the trees; he remembered when you were climbing them and had to get Kai to carry you down because you were scared. The way you blushed from the embarrassment. But now, it’s all gone. He could no longer reach out to you and grasp your hand as if you walked right next to him. The soft scent of you had left his apartment from where it used to linger. You had walked out of his life, and with you, his heart.

“Yah, stop sulking” His friends would tell him, but he couldn’t get over you. They told him to grow up a bit and start living again, but how could he when thoughts of you poisoned his mind and stopped him from doing so. Everyone had grown up around him, subsequently leaving him also.

Some days he would come home and call your name, only to be greeted with an empty silence that now haunted him. He walked through his home, sinking down into the sofa. He remembered how you would talk about your future together. The two of you had perfect dreams. The only part of your dream that remained was the small dog that came trotting through the house. He petted its head fondly, but it reminded him of you so much.

His mind was void of things besides you. His heart was dead.

Kai watched as you walked down the street, briefly hoping that you would walk towards him. But you ran into another mans arm. But he wasn’t angry anymore. He only wished that you were happy, even if he wasn’t the reason you were smiling anymore.

Sehun smiled as you fell into his arms. Memories of Kai were now replaced with memories of Sehun. You just weren’t right for each other, but Kai didn’t realise that. He didn’t realise that you were destroying each other. You were so careless together, and it was breaking you. And moreover it was breaking him. But he was so naive and fixed on this perfect image that nothing else mattered, but so much did.

 

Kai saw how you smiled. He wondered to himself. What did he do wrong?