Surviving together

Surviving together

Pain, that was all Kyuhyun could feel. He knew it was stupid to walk home after dark in Seoul. He knew of the vampires lurking in the dark alleys, luring their victims with promises of good times. 

For a genius, Kyuhyun has some stupid moments, this was one of them. He knew he didn't need to buy more coffee, he could have just got some in the morning, but he doesn't like to leave things and so when he noticed the absence of coffee beans in his kitchen, the first thing he did was tug his shoes on at the door and walk to a 24/7 supermarket. 

After walking out of the supermarket with his coffee and other pointless groceries he bought on impulse after seeing the 'amazing' deals, he instantly regretted his choice of leaving the safety of his little apartment. He knew he should have at least checked the time before leaving, but he can't fix that mistake now. 

Starting off slowly, Kyuhyun walked back towards his apartment, unaware that he was being followed. After walking for about 10 minutes, Kyuhyun noticed his silent stalker and his quiet steps grew in volume as his pace increased. Kyuhyun 'a slow walk has turned into a light jog, he didn't want to seem like he had noticed the man following him, but he was scared and just wanted to go to bed and cuddle up to his teddy.

A firm hand gripped Kyuhyun's shoulder making him stop. Slowly, he turned around to see who was following him. When he saw his friend Siwon, he visibly relaxed. 

"Hyung! You scared me for a minute there! Haha, why were you following me?" Kyuhyun asked, surprised at his stupidity not to see who was following him, if he had known it was Siwon he would have said hello sooner.

"You dropped this, I was just returning it. You're pretty clumsy when tired Kyu" Siwon laughed while handing Kyuhyun the coffee beans he bought earlier at the shop.

Kyuhyun thanked Siwon while putting the coffee beans back into his bag. "Hey, since we're almost at my place, how about we hang out for a while? We haven't seen each other in a long time so we could use this time to catch up" Siwon suggested, and Kyuhyun couldn't see a reason to decline the offer so he just nodded and made a sound of agreement.

When the pair finally got to Siwon's apartment, Kyuhyun went straight to the couch and flopped himself tiredly onto it. Siwon chuckled at Kyu's rare sign of tiredness, finding the scene really cute.

"So, Kyu, how's life been for you?" Siwon asked while walking into the kitchen, he knew Kyuhyun would be able to hear his question and he would be able to hear the reply. 

Rolling himself onto his side, Kyuhyun replied loud enough for his friend to hear "same old, nothing changed other than you leaving" 

"You know I didn't want to leave, how many times do I have to apologise to you?" Siwon asked while returning with two coffees, one for himself and one for Kyu, and placed them on the small table next to Kyu. 

"You said it was because something happened...what made you leave, Hyung?" Kyuhyun was upset about his friend abandoning him, Siwon could tell Kyuhyun hadn't taken his absence well.

Kyuhyun was skinnier than the last time they saw each other, his skin was also pale, too pale, like he wasn't sleeping enough. That was proven when Siwon looked at his eyes, his dark chocolate coloured eyes that Siwon always used to stare at, always used to get lost in. They showed signs of lack of sleep, with their dark circles, almost as dark as the eyes they surround, and the veins showing clearly in the white of the eyes, bloodshot...

"Kyu, if I told you...you would hate me, I don't want to lose our friendship" 'I don't want to lose you' He finished in his head. Kyuhyun was looking at Siwon in disbelief, how could he ever hate Siwon, his perfect hyung that always took care of him when he couldn't look after himself. The hyung that got into trouble after beating up the kids that bullied him for being smart. The hyung he loved.

"Nothing would make me hate you, hyung...so please, please tell me..." Kyuhyun begged. "We always used to tell each other everything so please just tell me, I can help...I want to help" 

With a sigh, Siwon walked closer to his friend and whispered in his ear "please don't hate me" after pulling back he elongated his fangs and showed them to his friend, his best-friend who was terrified of vampires, his crush whose family was killed by ravenous vampires. 

Kyuhyun was shocked "y-you're... You're one of them!" In his panic Kyuhyun slipped and fell off the couch. "You lied to me! You said you were human! I trusted you..." Kyuhyun sobbed, there was no was that his best-friend was one of those cruel, heartless monsters. 

"I was human, Kyu... Just before I left, I was turned, I left to protect you" Siwon understood why his friend acted the way he did, but it still hurt knowing that he has nobody left, even Kyuhyun didn't love him anymore. 

Siwon slowly and carefully, as to not alarm or scare Kyuhyun, walked closer to Kyu. "Please, let's just talk about it first, Kyu"

After explaining what had happened, Kyuhyun had started crying again, but this time not in fear but sadness for his friend. "Siwon-hyung... Why didn't you say anything? I could have helped you, it wouldn't have been much but... But it hurts more knowing that you left so that I couldn't find out about this, you left for me... I'm sorry" Kyuhyun was a mess, in fact this is only the second time Siwon had seen Kyu cry, the first being when he found out his friend was a vampire. 

"Don't cry... I don't like seeing you sad, so please don't cry" Siwon pleaded, to which Kyuhyun nosed and wiped his eyes. 

Kyuhyun should have known better than to trust a vampire, even if that vampire was his best-friend, Siwon. 

It was about 3 months later and Kyuhyun and Siwon were closer than ever. In fact they had started dating about a week after seeing each other again. At first it was nice for Kyuhyun to be able to rely on somebody else for a change, but he was still afraid that Siwon would turn on him and attack him. 

Siwon always assured him that he loved Kyu too much to ever harm him, but Kyuhyun wasn't stupid, he knew the look Siwon gave him when he thought he wasn't looking was one of hunger, not love. Vampires can't love. 

Siwon always came home with blood stains on his collar but Kyuhyun tried to ignore it. Until it was his blood on Siwon's collar.

Kyuhyun had never been as scared in his life when Siwon had pinned him to the wall and started his neck. The feeling of Siwon's razor sharp fangs piercing his flesh and the feeling of his blood leaving him. 

Kyuhyun thrashed, but his strength was nothing compared to the beast that he loved. When Kyuhyun went limp, Siwon had realised what had happened. He'd let the monster in him take over and he attacked the only person that cared for him in this terrible world. 

Pain. That was all Kyuhyun could feel. The strong taste of blood in his mouth and the feel of skin again this lips confused him. Whatever was on his lips tasted good, he wanted more. And so he did, he drank. 

Siwon was happy that it had worked, but he knew Kyu was going to be in pain, the pain that he knew all to well from that time he was turned all of those years ago.

But he was here with Kyu and he was feeding, so that should reduce the pain slightly. After letting Kyuhyun feed for a while, Siwon pulled his wrist away and picked up his far to light body. He gently placed Kyuhyun in his bed and sat waiting.

Siwon waited and waited, he almost gave up hope after 3 hours of waiting, but when He saw the slight twitch in Kyu's fingers, he knew that Kyu would make it and together they would learn how to survive as vampires.

 

A/N I'm sorry! I know it's horrible! :'( it's only my second fic and I'm really not confident in my writing yet so I'm really sorry that you read this crap! OTL