Best Luck

Third Story: Master of Lightning

"Songsaenim!"  I look upon one of my students and I see her raising her hand. 

"What is it?"

"Why is the Earth moving?"  What is that question? I sigh. These kids seem to underestimate me. Of course they are, my other mind is talking. You look like you are just five or six years older than them. They must think that you are just a joke. 

But I am not a joke. I am a real teacher. I have much knowledge to teach them, even if they want to ask, I have more than their usual teachers. Those old men and women don't know anything about Earth. They don't know everything. None of them have lived several hundred years in the Earth, right? 

Oh yes, I forget to present myself to you. My name is Chen. That is my real name and no, I am not Chinese. I am not even human. I am immortal. 

"For how many times do I have to tell you that the question is not appropiate to be asked in the class?"  I hear they are giggling. Oh! I really want to strike them with lightning but I can't kill humans. I can't kill them unless it is an accidental. Those rules sometimes stress me out. That goes same to my other brothers, including that one. The one that lesiurely sits at my class. Mister Oh Se Hoon. 

He even sleeps in my class! That brat!

"Mr. Oh!"  I yell and he wakes up instantly. He uses his poker face like there is nothing happened. Oh, I really know you, my housemate. I know that you were sleeping and now you are acting like there is nothing happens. I smirk. "Can you answer her question instead?" 

He is stunned and I can hear he curses on me. I really love my day. 

"Sorry, but Sir--"

"If you can't answer the question, I am waiting for the answer in essay. Tomorrow is the due day. Thank you, Mr. Oh."  I slide my sight to that ungrateful girl, "and you, Ms. Uhm, you can expect the answer tomorrow at my desk. I want you to meet me after school."  Her face suddenly becomes pale. Sehun just grimaces and I know exactly that tonight he will be whining toward me; he will ask me repeatedly to do the task. I know his habit. Sese is really spoiled by us. Ah! You don't know, right? Sese is his real name. Sehun is just the usual way we call him because he has been using alias 'Oh Se Hoon' for fifty years. It is the longest time among us for using the alias. We have to change it repeatedly because we don't age. Immortals don't age and they die because of two things: being killed or the nature calls. Just those two, nothing more. We can't have diseases....well, maybe we can have flu but it is just a cover for us if we want to take vacation from our human's world. 

And he doesn't change it because of one incident. The incident that we can't never forget. 

But that is for another story. 

I smirk and then turn to the board when the bell is ringing. I say my good bye to the class and walk toward the teacher's lounge. At there, I meet my fellow immortal and other housemate, Kyungie. His real name is D.O but it seems harder day by day to write or to call (since it is not really that familiar) so we decide to call him with nickname from his alias. As for today, his alias is Do Kyung Soo so that is why we call him 'Kyungie.'

"Do songsaenim."  I bow to him. We can't be known by others. The fact that we know each other has to be hidden. That goes too to Sese. Nobody in this school can know that we know each other, and most importantly, we are immortals. It could create ruckus. We, immortals, have been blending in human's world quite good. And we have to do that until the war is finished. 

The war. 

I sigh again after I sit on my chair. The war. We have been in war with our people. It's just because of the throne. If only the King...

I shake my head. I can't think like that. The King knew what the best for his people. It's just those guys, our mirrors, don't feel satisfied with his decision and thus rebelled. That created large and destructive war until now. We even have to move from our realm and be in here and thus we become immortals. We don't age in Earth. If we go back to our realm, though, we will be aging again. But we know we can't go back unless we can defeat the evil. And 'defeat the evil' means we have to kill our own. I have done that several times and everytime I do that, I have nightmare at night. 

I have the power of lightning. You might think that it is just a lightning, nothing more, but no. Taming lightnings are so difficult because they are dangerous. They can create fire but flow like water. If you want to direct, or even re-direct the lightning, you have to learn many things. My father taught me that. I must have a thought that lightning isn't that scary and destructive; it also can help human. 

Lightning, Soil (Strength) and Wind. Three natural elements of Earth among others (fire and water, respectively). While Suho is living in HQ because he is one of the leaders, Chan decided to live with Kai and Luhan, the owner of Teleportation and Telekinesis. He said that he wanted to feel the difference with living with not his own kind. 

Ah, I have been top much blabbering about my power and others. I even forget that I have another class. 

"Chen."  Kyungie calls me. I look up and see his frowning face. 

"What is it?"

"Chan isn't getting well. Shouldn't we call Gigi to visit him in HQ?"  Chan. He has met his mate but it is more complicated than the usual. Gigi is one tough and loyal girl. She will not easily turn her side even though that can mean that she also is in the edge of losing herself. 

"With what?"

"Ask Sehun to go to her daycare. He seems closer to her than all of us."  

"Then ask him, Kyungie. You know you can call him by yourself."  I see his face again and I know there is something isn't right, "what is it? Is there something you want to tell me beside Chan's condition?"

"Lay."

"What is about him?"

"He just called."

"Oh."

"He said oracles have predicted your mate. She will not be that far from you on this month."

I just wave my hands. I have heard it and what they expect me to be? Gawking to every girls that will have possibility to meet me in this one month? That is crazy. I can't just gawk to everyone. 

 

 

 

I feel sleepy. 

"And tomorrow, you will have--"  Geez, can you stop talking? I unplug my earphones and glare to my lovely assistant who seems to understand my anger, "unnie, please. I just read what the manager said. I don't--"

"Stop reading those rubbish!"  I scream. It's enough. I am sick of it. 

I am sick of becoming the center of attention. I am sick with everyone who tell me on how I should behave. I am sick of everyone telling me on what clothes I should wear, on what accesorries that I should put, or how many kilograms I have to diminish from my body. That is enough. I want to eat properly. I want to smile genuinely. I even forget on what occasion that I smiled genuinely. 

My name is Song Dong Ah. I work as a model. I have been working since I was in high school and this is enough. I feel like I want to puke. I have no freedom. 

I want to get out. 

"DRIVER! STOP THE VAN!"

"Unnie!"  My assistant is screaming. I can't help it. Maybe she can get yell from my manager but I will repay it. Maybe I will buy her nice Gucci sunglasses or something. She usually is happy when I give her gifts from everyone that claim to be my number one fan or those CEOs who might wish other things from me. 

The driver hears me and he immediately stops the van. I unlock the seatbelt and get out. My assistant follows me and keeps screaming my name so I decide to run. But not with these killer high heels. 

Sorry, Christian Louboutin. I have to throw you out. 

I put the lovely babies on the garbage bin and I know my action will make her slower. That is right (if you predict). She will take the shoes and I will run as fast as I can when she does that. I turn my head and smirk when she really does that. I take my cue and run. 

When I feel that it is far enough, I turn around and smile happily when I see that she isn't following me anymore. I don't care where I am. I just want to feel free. Maybe tomorrow my manager will find me and scold me, but I don't care. I just have to do something that I really want to do since I moved to Seoul. But I don't know the route. Crap. I should take the map from the van. I really forget about that. 

I walk (barefeet) toward the nearest bus shelter. There must be information on where I am now and where I should go. I walk there and see that there is a man sitting under the shelter. I don't care about him as he doesn't care about me. I look into the map carefully so I will not get lost. 

"You are bare-feet."  I turn around and see that man. He is talking to me and his finger points toward my feet. 

"Yeah. So what?"  I don't need your question. 

However, he smiles. "Here. Take this."  He opens his bag and take out slippers from there. What kind of guy is carrying slippers around? Wait, he might be assistant of actor or actress. I gulp. He might know me. 

"Do you know me?"

"Do I have to?"  He replies and I just smile bitterly. I don't know how to react until his finger points again toward a direction. I follow it, "that advertisement. That is you, right? So I guess you are celebrity or something. But you do look like you just ran away from something. I don't know the reason and I don't even have to know since we are strangers but walking bare-feet is not good. You can step into something pointy so I give you my slippers."  He gives the slippers again in front of my feet. I just stare back to him blankly because I don't know what to do and what to think. 

He smiles again and lifts my foot softly. He helps me to wear those slippers and I can't help but to blush hard. Nobody does that to me with that sincerity. My ex-boyfriends did that but they only wanted my attention to them. He, though, is different. I can feel it. 

"Tha....thank you."

"Don't mention it. Where do you want to go?"

"Uh.....that's okay. I can go by myself."

"If you want to go to Gyeongbok Palace, you can take this route."  He points to one route and I gasp. How could he know? "I just guess. You might want to see the night panoramic of the palace."

"Yes, I want to."

"Be careful then. I need to go. My brother has been whining for me to help him doing his homework."

"Hey!"  I stop him when he is a bit far, "what is your name?"

"Chen."  What? What kind of a name is that? But surely, that name can be remembered well. Maybe it is a nickname or something. 

 

 

 

"We are going to Jeju! Yeah!"  one of my students are screaming at the plane and that makes one stewardess coming to him and asking him to sit down. I just chuckle. These kids can be devil and angel sometimes. Not that I mind much, though. Even though they are sometimes are not polite, they are nice kids. 

Our school has the trip to Jeju. My class is joining too so here I am. I am actually worried about Chan. His condition isn't well enough and we lose contact from Gigi. I hope something bad isn't happened to her. She is, logically (with oracles' mind, though), my sister-in-law so I feel that she is already part of our big family. Kyungie does feel that too so we are silent during the trip. I guess Sese feels that too. All he does is listening to what music from his earphones. We feel weak when one of our brothers feels weak too. That is not coming from blood thing but I guess that happens because we have been living togehter for so long. We can understand each other and feel other's pain. 

Once we arrive, Go songsaenim, another teacher who is also the organizer of this trip, announce all rules. I listen from faraway and glance to those students who try to sneak out or talk to each other, ignoring Go songsaenim. After he finishes, we go to our bus. I have the responsibility to watch over my own class (each class has its own bus) and I get into there. I want to sleep but I can't. Thinking of Chan is tiring. Plus, the kids are so crowded. I have to look around several times in our way to hotel just to make sure no one makes any trouble more than they should be. 

We finally arrive at the hotel. I consult with other teachers and then I give all the keys to my students. One room will be occupied by two people. I requested personally to be with Kyungie. I told them the reason was I had been close enough with him. Thankfully, no one really think too deep so the other teachers let us to be together. I have to be together with Kyungie. It will be much easier. 

We are given time to sleep and rest until dinner time. I use it to walk around the beach and my sight is stumbled on something. There appears to be a photoshoot session. I have never seen this thing in my life and it seems like other people can see. I am excited and text both Kyungie and Sese. They both then reply that they will come down to see it. 

 

 

I THINK I HAVE SEEN THE GIRL

YEAH, THE MODEL......

WAIT....

IS THAT THE GIRL THAT WAS LOST AT THE BUS SHELTER? I was right then. She is a model. But I don't know her name is. 

"Ah!"  my students are there already. "She is Song Dong Ah, right?" 

"Is it?"  one male student tries to see better. "KYAAA!"  He even squeals, "I can't believe I can mee Dong Ah noona!"  

"Wow! She is more beautiful than in the television or magazines!"

"I want to get her autograph!"

I can't believe I don't know how famous she is. Apparently I have been once dealing with celebrity. Ever since I was born (which is hundred years ago) I haven't met anything special.......well, besides the King in Joseon Era (I forgot his name) when I accompanied Lu. He was posing as Chinese messenger or something and that is how he met Se Mi. She was the entertainer at the royal ceremony. Other than him, I never really meet anyone important.....except accidentally I met them. 

I see how the photo session is going. It seems like another advertisement for different product. The beach is awesome from here so I can figure out why they choose this place. The hotel that Go songsaenim chose is great. 

"Okay! We have finished!"  The photographer shouts and everyone tries to do what they have to do next. I see that woman is walking toward a seat and there are some people circling her. They must be her staff or something. 

"Can we ask her for an autograph?"  asks a young girl who stands in front of me. One staff just smiles and shakes his head. It seems like the model doesn't want to be disturbed. Oh well. Remembering what happened at the bus shelter, I can say she must be so stressed out and probably, isn't the angel like those people think. 

I turn around but then I shiver. What is this? This feeling....this is familiar feeling. I look around to notice anything suspicious but I can't find anything. I turn around to see what happens behind my back but everything is normal. The staff are taking care of the set. I examine again. 

I sense them

 

I smell them.

 

 

The hunters are here. 

 

I don't know what they want but what I know, three of us are not safe. I half-run to go to my place and near the elevator door, I see Kyungie and Sese. 

"GO!"

"WHAT?"  They both shout to me. 

"THEY ARE HERE!"

"Kim songsaenim! What are you talking about?"

"They--"

"KYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"  A scream is heard from the photoshoot place. Without further notice, we three run to the place and see that the photographer is lying down. He looks like struggling in pain and I know, we know, that one hunter with power like Lu is there. Only telekinesis power can torture people without even touch them. 

"Kyung! Search him with your earth or power sense!"  Kyungie nods. He closes his eyes and then suddenly he points to one direction. It is up there, like in the eighth floor. I can see someone at the balcony. She or he wears white attire so she or he can blend well. 

"Se, please. I can't just strike someone in sunny times like this."  Sese nods, and people are shouting again. The photographer seems to be better but people are pointing to the balcony. The man is struggling like he wants to jump from the balcony. Sehun is doing it again. He can choke someone by blocking the air near his prey. It's like he is making an outer atmosphere near the prey. That is one power that his mirror doesn't have. 

I go back to the photographer and check his condition. Spending time with Lay is not that wasteful when something like this happens. 

But then

 

"DONG AH! DONG AH!"  One man shouts the model's name and I look up. I see another guy, possibly a man who has teleportation power, snatches the model and run away so fast. 

 

I can't help her. Kyung can't just make an earthquake and Sese is busy with the other one. 

I need to use my power. 

 

I snap my finger and there is it. The lightning strikes near the man and everyone is gasping. "LIGHTNING! IT WILL BE A BIG STORM HERE!"  Kyung looks to me and his face shows that he disagrees with what I have done. What should I do then? 

Everyone is panicked and running away. There is a mess in the photoshoot but I only stand there seeing the gaze of the kidnapper. The model seems struggling but we know that the attempt is fruitless. 

"Release her."  I command him. He smirks. "Why should I, Master of Lightning?"

"Master wha--"   opens so big and I can say she recognizes me. "Yo...you.....the man in the--"

"Oh, you two have known each other?"  The hunter mocks, "that is interesting. She probably is your mate, Master."

"What? What are you saying?"

"Don't hear him."  I tell her. She shuts after that. "Please hunter, release her. What do you want, anyway? She has nothing to do with it."

"Release my friend first and then I will release her."

"You did attack innocent people first!'  Sese screams. Some guards from the hotel have arrived. I have to finish this quickly before someone gets in bigger trouble. I close my eyes and control my power. My real power is not just controlling lightning; I can also control the weather, but I have to do this together with Sehun. He is the one who can carry the clouds and he does it just in time. I turn the clouds into storm clouds and the officials are scared a bit. Suddenly, a sunny day becomes gloomy one. Lightnings are my forte and they are striking everywhere. They scare them out so they go back to the hotel. They also yell to us to go back but we can't. 

"Release her or I will burn you instantly."

"Let's try then. I guarantee you will hurt that--OUCH!"  His foot suddenly is stuck on one hole. Kyung uses his power. He smirks and the soil is like glued again. The hunter yelps in pain. The other one has died, I think. Sese killed someone else again. 

"Drop it, Sehun."  Kyung commands. He nods and the body just drops freely, but no one can see because it vanishes like a dust. Another hunter with teleportation is here. Now we know there used to be three and now two hunters. Both hunters are from teleportation family. 

 

Suddenly I wish I agreed to Byul's plea. If she were here, Kai must be here too. He could deal with his own kind better than all of us. 

 

"Release her or I will strike you."

"ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!"  The model thinks another way to survive, actually. SHe bites his wrist. He can't hold her anymore and so she runs toward us. She hides behind Kyung's back. 

"YOU! THE PRINCESS WANTS TO PAY THE REVENGE! YOU JUST TOOK HER BEST HUNTER!"

 

Gigi? Does he mean Gigi? 

 

"AND SHE WANTS US TO REMIND YOU THAT YOU CAN'T TAKE ONE OF US ANYMORE! YOU CAN NEVER TAKE ONE OF US ANYMORE!"

 

 

 

I can't believe what they have done.....

Wait, where am I?

"Unnie! I am so glad you are okay!"  my assistant suddenly hugs me. I feel like everything is spinning. "What? What happened?"

"A crazy fan snatched you and tried to hurt you! Luckily, there are these men, two teachers and one student who fought with him. He was defeated and you were passed out so the hotel staff carried you here! I was so shocked but thankfully the officials were helping too! Unnie I am so--"  I don't hear her anymore. That is so different. I passed out? How? The officials helped? They were running scaredly because of storm...

"Is there a storm coming?"

"Unnie? Are you okay? There is no storm here."

"But...but just now I...."

"Unnie, you should rest. You must be shocked because of that incident."  She helps me to lay down again. I just follow her. I feel dizzy. I clearly remember what happened and she claimed something else happened instead. No storm? The clouds were dark and scary. How could she say there was no storm? 

"Dong Ah,"  my manager comes in. Behind him, there are those men. I have to ask them! "They are--"

"TELL THEM THE REAL THING! TELL THEM!"  

"Dong Ah, what do you do?"

"I am not hallucinating! There was this big storm coming and you guys said that there was not? How could that happen?"

"Dong Ah...."

"Sir, my friend here is a doctor."  The man that I saw earlier says. Suddenly, there are two guys coming into my room. One of them smiles and there is a deep dimple. One of them looks like a high-schooler. He looks so young. 

"Ah, really?"

"Yeah."

"So you can check her up then."  Wait, what? My manager isn't like this. He usually protect me from everything even from the dust. So how could he just give permission to a stranger? I was blank when my manager and assistant are leaving us. 

"Good job, Lu."

"It is combined with yours. I can't do that forgetting magic thing if you don't tell me that ancient spell."  Wait, what? (again). 

"So,"  one of them is talking, "you can make Byul's friends forget the fact that we are once her so-claimed cousins?"

"Yeah. She is so happy but then this brat sent the message. Kai ran away from her side just to take us from here."

"Don't blame the wind. They are the fastest messenger here."

"Hel...lo?"  I finally can interrupt their weird conversation. I can't understand one single bit of it. 

"Oh, hi."  That man talks again, "as you know, my name is Chen. They are my brothers. This one is Kyungie and this one is Sese. The doctor there is Lay and this cute looking guy is Lu. And don't be fooled by his appearance. He is the oldest among us."

"At least my child isn't the oldest."  the guy named Lay laughs so hard beside me. The one named Kyungie hit Lu's shoulder so I guess he is the one who has the oldest child among them....wait, they are all married? They look so young! Some of them...well, all of them, look younger than me! 

"They are chasing her, Chen."

"What?"  Lay is the one who examines me. I think he is doing some traditional way of healing because he just holds my wrist. "That is why Lu's newfound power isn't affecting her. She must have contacted her mate. Which one of you have seen her before this thing?" 

 

 

 

"That Chen."  I point out. 

 

 

 

"Oh great. Chen met his mate! Finally!" 

 


 

I smile when I see his little letter. It is so touching and heartwarming. I am glad that I decide to do this. 

As I say....I am too sick to my old world. Everything seems so fake. I want to run away and Chen gives me the way. It is painful at first (I have to die first, literally) but it is worth. I have never felt this happy in my whole entire life. 

I walk out and see another girl. I know her as Gigi....and as far as I know, she is Chan's (Chen's another brother) mate. She smiles to me. I guess their problem is finished too. 

"Hey."

"You want to go to the hall?"

"Yeah,"  I nod, "you must be Gigi."

"What's your name then?"

"Me? I am still Song Dong Ah. Though I am really hoping that you guys can give me cool name that I can use for my immortal life." 

"I bet we can. Come on."  Gigi asks me to go there together. "So, you were killed?"

"Ah....yes....if that is the right term,"  I chuckles, "what about you? Chen used to say that you are different."

"I don't have too. I have immortal blood in my vein. But yeah, besides the killing part, we do the ceremony pretty much same as you."  I think that she is cool. I mean, she is immortal from the first time and she seems strong. 

Once we enter the room, everyone is beaming. Gigi goes to Chan while I am approached by Chen. He kisses me, "welcome, Mistress of Lightning. I am so glad you are alright."

"It's because you treat me gently." 

 

 

 

I have arrived again at the same class. Even when I have married, I can't take any vacation yet. People are still searching for model Song Dong Ah and I can't just go to registrate the marriage with her. We need new identity for her and her immortal name. We are still thinking about it. 

"Students,"  I read a note from the headmaster before. It seems that there will be a transfer student here, "there seems to be a new friend for you." 

The students are whispering. They must be discussing about the new student. I can see headmaster's head and another head are coming toward our class. I walk to the door and open it.

Turns out, the new student is a she. She looks beautiful but that is not my concern. My concern is I feel like I have seen her face somewhere. 

"Students,"  the headmaster is speaking, "I would like to introduce you to your new friend. Jung Soo Eun-sshi, please introduce yourself."  I blink several times. Jung Soo Eun? Why does that name feel familiar to me? It seems like I have heard it.....

 

 

Crap. 

 

 

I can see Sese's face. His face is pale. I look again to the girl and I realized the reason on why she is so familiar to me. 

 

Her face is just like her mother. She is just like her mother when she was young. 

 

"And Jung Soo Eun is actually the daughter of our Minister of Health."  That's it. We are in doom. Sese is in doom. 

 

 

 

His mate is here. His mate whom he avoids so much for these eighteen years is here. I can't even think on what we should do next. 

 

 

 

 


Okay, I do promise you about lovey-dovey thing but I suddenly get the idea to insert it on Chanyeol's instead. 

So yeah, this is kind of introduction and the ending and also the introduction to Sehun's. 

If you want to see their interaction, just see Chanyeol's story next! Their relationship will be much contrast with Chan with Gigi haha.....*I just want to bother that couple though....they have their side problem beside their main problem*

Thank you and so sorry

 

 

 

XOXO