hair. hair. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR HAIR?

The Hair that Changes

According to Zitao, her hair changed color according to her mood. Literally. Zitao has witnessed this happening plenty of times in their six months of dating. In fact he even created his own small dictionary (with pictures by using an old diary he used to write about his obsession with pandas when he was a kid) to help him and other individuals identify her name in mood.

 

When Zitao first noticed her hair transitioning colors, he was shocked and convinced that Sehun was an alien. They were on their first date at the amusement park – and one of his friends just so happened to pop up to him – during the duration of their date his friend, Kai, squeezed himself in between their bodies and interrupted topics by impulsively annoying them. Sehun must have gotten fed up because she threw herself in front of the duo and her normal black hair altered into a vibrant red.

 

Red - angry

 

“Okay that is it I am sick of you! Whoever the hell you are and I don’t care who you are, just go and leave because me and Zitao are trying to hang out.  You’re pissing me off and I am CLOSE to hanging your by your underwear on the ing flag pole at the entrance of this amusement park! NOW LEAVE OR YOU’LL HAVE A RASH ON YOUR FLAT. KOREAN. .”

 

Did he mention it was the first time he heard her swear like a sailor too? As soon as she finished her complaint his friend had ran off, apologizing to Sehun and Zitao for bothering them then scurrying off. Sehun’s hair had slowly faded to black and they continued their date without a word of the hair incident being said.

 

The thought of Sehun knowing that he hair changes color popped into his mind one night. The night where they were making love (they were having careless on their second month of going out, but Zitao insisted that it was love making) in the middle of it Sehun’s hair altered to a pastel pink.

 

Pink – loved or pleased

 

“Huang Zitao, I love you! I love you so much! You’re the best! Yehet!”

 

He paused then looked down at Sehun’s face. Her tapered eyes stared up at him while she tried to find an excuse to her last word. Her hair changed from pink to rainbows. Yes rainbows, streaks of red, orange, yellow, blue, purple, green, and some kind of reddish pink was in it to.

 

Rainbow – mixed emotions; most likely embarrassment or flustered

 

“Oh… um… d-don’t mind what I said keep going Zitao.”

 

“But you said,”

 

“Just keep going!”

 

After they had finished their deed his girlfriend’s hair had once again went back to its original black. Zitao wondered how in the hell can a hair color change from one pallid color to a series of rainbows. It was like someone threw up the colors on Sehun’s hair. Still he didn’t brought it up and slept for the rest of that night.

 

Days later Sehun’s hair changed yet again. This time to a shade that Zitao would prefer for her to have all of the time though he would be a jackass for causing it. They were arguing over Zitao’s oversized panda toy that took up space inside of the bedroom they shared. The panda toy was only four feet tall and 24 inches wide. To him it wasn’t that big, but when your bedroom is half the size of a studio apartment and you’re sleeping on a futon with thin layers of comforters, it’s pretty big.

 

“All I’m asking for you to do is to put that thing in the closet or somewhere in storage Zitao. That’s all I want- w-why are you making this hard,” Sehun’s hands clasped over her face to shield her teary eyes. At the same time her hair sluggishly changed into a platinum blonde.

 

Blonde – sad or upset

 

Personally, she looked hot with the hair color. The way the blonde went with her skin and her long hair fell over her shoulders and stopped at her mid-back was y. Zitao had calm little Tao by thinking of seeing his other friend, Joonmyun, dancing . Ugh. The thought almost made him barf in reality. Seeing his little Joonmyun swinging around…

 

“Oh my god,” Revoltingly he coughs out the statement.

 

Sehun lifts her head up from her hands; eyes are tinted red and puffed from her hiccups of tears. “What, what did you say?” her eyebrows furrowed as she saunters towards him threateningly. Her hair quickly turning red with the blink of an eye.

 

He saw her hair and covered up his previous comment. “Ah! I-I said ‘okay I will move it!’ I’m sorry for bothering you Sehun, baby, forgive me?” He lifts a fist to his cheek and twists it – attempting – a bbuing bbuing.

 

She smiles at him genuinely and her hair transitions to the pastel pink. “I forgive you Zitao. Now go get that toy out or I’ll have Chanyeol use it as a place to hide his crack.”

 

“Chanyeol does crack?! What?!”

 

“I think he does. The dude twitches randomly, smiles like an idiot, and he’s creepy looking.”

 

“You have a point there.”

 

On their fourth month something strange had happened. It was during the exam week, for mid-exams for the fall, when Sehun returned home with green hair. Zitao had been on the three seated sofa, lounging while eating on a bag of spicy cheese chips and watching a cliché romance-drama show. She came through the door with a wide smile on her face and thin pile of papers in her hand.

 

“Zitao, Zitao, Tao baby look at my grade! I passed!” She was ecstatic; he could hear it in the sound of her voice while she jumped up and down in front of him.

 

Green – happy, proud, or ecstatic

 

“Passed what Sehun?”

 

“I passed my mid-exam! I got a 4.0 average! It’s not an A+, but it’s something isn’t it? Yes! I have to call Luhan and rub it in her face!” She ran off towards the bedroom shouting, “Where is my phone?”

 

Meanwhile Zitao sat on the couch thinking if anyone else had noticed her hair changing. One would be concerned if a 20 year old woman’s hair was changing colors more than it should. Especially if it’s in a mood that she’s in. Maybe Sehun is secretly taking Chanyeol’s crack. Maybe Sehun was cursed as a child to having hair that changes color according to her mood. Maybe Sehun… maybe Sehun was a witch! That could be it!

 

Wait a minute.  What the hell was he thinking? Sehun was his girlfriend for god sakes, she was not a witch, she was not cursed, and she was definitely NOT taking Chanyeol’s crack. Though she might be trolling him like their least favorite friends Chen. The guy really did prank everyone a bit too hard, to the point where it felt like dark humor. One time he told Zitao that a party was being thrown, a pool party, and he had to bring beer to it. Gullible Zitao went with it and walked into an event for children with Autism wearing speedos, holding a can of beer, and shouting, “Wassup es?!” in Mandarin.

 

Poor Zitao was so embarrassed and ashamed that he ran off as soon as he realized he was sent to the wrong location. Chen got some pretty bad bruises after that. A broken arm, migraines here and there, and pain pills he had to take in the morning and before bed. Chen had to lie about himself falling down the stairs to the doctors (an excuse they heard about all too much in their medical years of work).

 

So when it came down to the sixth month of their relationship, on a Saturday morning when Sehun and Zitao didn’t have classes for that particular day, he asked Sehun.

 

“Sehun, do you know that your hair changes color whenever you’re in different moods?”

 

Maybe he spoke too fast; it might have come out wrong. Because he watches her hair change into a brown, a chocolate brown that makes her look tempting, and her eyes drift over to him. She looks confused.

 

Brown – confused

 

“What are you talking about Zitao?”

 

“Your hair… changes to a different color… l-look it’s brown now!” He flails his arms at her sudden brown hair that appeared out of nowhere.

 

Sehun scrunched her nose then goes to the bathroom. Zitao follows behind her, then sees her standing in the mirror running her fingers through the soft strands of hair. shapes ‘o’ at the sight of her new hair color. Now it changed back to black.

 

Black – neutral

 

“Oh… Zitao, you dummy, I’m on my period!”

 

“P-Period, w-what does that have to do with your hair?!”

 

Sehun sighs getting slightly annoyed, “My hair changes colors according to my moods because of the mood swings I have on my menstruation.”

 

“That’s just… how?!”

 

“Let’s just say that I accidentally took this pill Chen gave me and now my hair changes colors because of my mood swings. I can’t believe that you’ve brought it up until now. Wow Zitao, it’s been six months since we’ve been dating.”

 

Zitao looks blank. “Who did you say gave you a pill?”

 

“Chen.”

 

“Expect to hear about me on First 48 and Chen being six feet under ground in a few hours babe.”