Her Answer.

Marrying the Bully

SORA'S POV

"Marry me."

Kim Woobin said. 

W-what? He lost it. He's insane.

"Marry you?" I said with sarcasm. "Thanks but my answer is no. I'll solve this on my own."

His eyebrows raised.

"You see, we don't know each other. We just met last night." I told him.

"Ya, you don't get it. I just need to get my inheritance from my father - the K&M Mall and my share in K&M Lands. That's all."

I don't understand him at all.

"My father told me that I could only get my inheritance once I get married. I want to get it right away before someone else put his hands over what's mine." He continued. "Ya, it's a win-win situation for both of us. You'll have the Kyuden Hotel in China and I'll have my inheritance. All you have to do is marry me." He went on his knees as he presented me a heart-shaped diamond ring.

"I'm not marrying you!" 

Just then, the front door swung opened. A colorful confetti flew over the air.

"Congratulations Kim Woobin and Kang Sora-sshi!" Park Hyungsik shouted.

Park Hyungsik is this jerk's friend. But he's a lot nicer because he's not a bully. I knew him since he once became my classmate. 

Kim Woobin stood up. "Ya Hyungsik! Kang Sora said yes." 

I think he said that because the bully doesn't want to get humiliated in front of others. But who am I to care? I have my own issues. 

"I didn't said that and please, get your friend out of here." I said coldly.

"Sora, why did Kim Woobin proposed to you?" It's Sena. I didn't notice them came closer.

"Oh my! Don't tell me your pregnant?! You're carrying Kim Woobin's child?!"

"WHAT?!" I couldn't believe what I just heard. But before I could defend myself, he butted in.

"It's true. She's carrying our child." Woobin said. He smirked at me. "Please help me by convincing her to marry me. This is not just for her, but for the baby."

I wanted to clap because of his acting. It's so convincing that I wanna throw up. I pulled him by the arm and dragged him with me.

 

"Ya, I don't know what's your game but I'm not playing with you. I'm not marrying you." I said.

"Wae? Both of us will benefit in this marriage." He said as he put his hands on his waist. "If I were you, I will accept this proposal quickly."

"I have reasons. First, my dreams are important to me. Second, I'm not ready for marriage. Third, I'm too young to be a mother. Fourth, I can't give up my social life and lastly, I can't marry someone I don't love."

"You're deep, dude." He laughed by himself.

Did he just called me dude? I walked away and left this jerk.

 

The whole afternoon I was busy driving and going from here to there. I was hoping that I could get help from our relatives but I didn't expect they'll turned me down. No one wanted to help us. I was so exhausted but I can't give up. I stared at Edward's digital clock, it's 7 PM. I leaned my head and closed my eyes when my phone rang. It's my dongsaeng, Sohyun.

"Unnie! Where are you? Omma fainted!" My sister panicked as fear crept in my nerves.

"W-what happened?! Where are you?! How is she?!" I am half shouting, I can't help it. I'm so worried.

"Were in the Teukso University Hospital, Omma's still unconscious." Then she lowered her voice. "Unnie, please hurry. I-I don't have money to pay for omma's hospital bills."

Neither do I. 

I hung up the phone and quickly dialed Attorney Choi's number. 

"Atty. Choi, I need your help." I told her. "Omma's in the hospital, can you please help us pay her bills? Can we get our shares in Kyuden Hotel?" The one in Korea.

"Sora-ya, I'm sorry to say this. But the other stock holders hold and freeze your accounts." Atty. Choi said. "There's no way I could get money there."

"Is that so? Ok. Thank you Atty. Choi." I was devastated.

I have some allowance left. Let's use it for now. I told myself. 

My phone rang again. I was hoping it was Atty. Choi but it's an unknown number.

"Yobohseyo?"

"Ya! Kang Sora." 

That voice. It gave me chills.

"Who is this? Why are you calling?"

"I'm your future husband. I called because it's time for you to marry me." 

I rolled my eyes. "Kim Woobin, you psycho!" I shouted at him before ending his call.

 

Teukso University Hospital. 

I ran as fast as I could. I wanted to see omma. Today is the worst day ever!

My heart was thumping fast as I twisted the door knob. There I saw her. My omma who used to be full of smile, hopes, and warmth was lying unconsciously with an IV in her hand. She lost weight, too. I wanted to cry but I can't. While appa's away, I have to be strong. I have to be omma and Sohyun's strength. 

I looked back when the hospital room's door opened. There came Sohyun and.... Kim Woobin?! What is he doing here?

"Ya! What are you doing here?" I asked with a low voice because I don't want to wake up my omma.

"Unnie, this oppa was the one who helped in bringing omma here." Sohyun said. She noticed that I am glaring at him.

"How is omma? What did the doctor said?" I forgot all about him for a while.

"Because of stress." Sohyun said and sat next to omma's bed. "And omma's dehydrated too. But she's ok now. They said omma needs to rest to gain her energy."

"Did you ate already?"

Sohyun nodded and smiled at me. I sat on the couch as I watched her stare at our mother. 

"Sohyun-ah, are you ok?" I asked. I was worried about her. Maybe the news about us and the bankruptcy gave her a hard time in school. She's already in high school but for me, she's still my baby sister.

She nodded. 

"D-did your classmates gave you a hard time?"  

She looked at me and shook her head. 

"Ya, you can tell unnie." I assured her.

"To tell you the truth, many came to me and asked if the news about us was true... And most of my friends ignored me already because of it." She smiled at me.

But her smile pained me. It felt like I was stabbed with a knife. She was smiling but in her eyes, there's pain.

"Don't feel bad about yourself and don't feel bad about losing them. Be thankful that at this early, you finally know who's real and who's fake." 

I looked back as I hear his voice. I totally forgot that Kim Woobin was still here. But I must admit, I didn't expect that those words will come out from his foul mouth. 

"Sohyun, will you be ok here? I'll go get omma's things and be back soon." I stood up from where I was seated and grabbed my bag.

Sohyun nodded. I patted her shoulders and looked at omma before going. I met Kim Woobin on my way out. He was standing by the door.


"Kim Woobin-sshi, thank you." I thanked him when we reached the parking lot. We walked together because he said he's going home too. "And your advice to Sohyun is the best." I raised my thumb for him to see.

"Do you want to eat?" He asked casually.

I shook my head. "Thanks for asking. I think I have to rush home."

"Why do you always thank me yet you always reject my offers." He's annoyed. "Give me your keys. I'll drive you home."

"It's ok." I looked for the keys in my bag. When I finally found it, my phone rang. I've been receiving a lot of calls lately. 

It's Appa. I stared at it for a while, thinking if I should tell him about omma or not. Just then, I felt someone grabbed my car keys!

"Ya!" It was him again! Kim Woobin stole my car keys and now he's opening Edward! "Ya! Get off my Edward!"

"Just answer your phone! It's so irritatingly loud!" He shouted back and started the car's engine.

 

"Ne appa?" I answered cheerfully. 

"Sora-ya. Is everyone ok?" It's appa. "Atty. Choi told me that were a hot topic now in Korea."

He joked. My appa wanted to lighten the mood.

"Appa, the truth is omma's in the hospital." I tried to hold on my tears. 

"What? What happened?"

"Stress... And dehydration. I'm on my way home to get her things." I explained. "Sohyun stayed with her at the hospital."

"I'm so worried about my girls." Appa said. "Don't worry. I'll fly back now."

"Really appa? That's a relief." 

"Take care of yourself, daughter. See you soon."


The call ended but I was staring blankly at my phone. I am so tired, scared and sad. I don't know what will happen to us. There's a lot in my mind. I felt lost. But I can't show it. 

"My muscular and y chest is here if you want to cry."

Muscular? y? Hmm. I just glared at him.

"Why? I'm not lying. You've seen it too!" There he goes again, boasting.

"Give me my keys." I stretched my hand to him. I thought he's going to put my keys there but he pulled me and embraced me tight! "Ya! Get off me!"

"If you need to cry, cry."

My eyes widened as I heard him say that.

"I've been staring at you this whole time. Feelings are not wine. It won't get better if you let time pass by. C'mon." He said and pulled my body closer. "My chest is wide. Your omma and Sohyun won't see you. I'll cover you up."

As soon as he said omma and Sohyun's name, I teared up. My defense broke down and I wailed. Here in his chest. In his warm chest. I was startled when I realized that my arms were wrapped around his waist tightly! I quickly pushed him.

"Ya! What did you do to me!" I shouted. "ert!"

"What did I do to you? Hah!" He sneered at me. "You're the one who pulled me closer! I couldn't even breath!" 

I looked at him and saw that his shirt was wrinkled and wet. My fault.

"T-thanks." I shyly whispered. I felt that my cheeks were burning again. He was standing on my way so I pushed him.

"Ya!" He shouted at me.

"Ya!" I shouted back at him. He glared before grabbing my hand and pulling me to the passenger's seat. 

"Sit down!" He commanded me that I just followed him. He bended his knees and pulled the seat belt and put it over my body before locking it. I close my eyes since there's only few inches between us. I could even smell his perfume. When I opened my eyes, there he was - smirking while his eyes were saying "I know what you did there."

"Ya!" I shouted at this annoying guy. But instead, he fixed my seat in a lying position. He ran to the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Sleep. I'll wake you when we arrived at your house." He said with authority. 

"H-how did you know where I live?" I asked him. "And why are you there?"

"Ya! Don't ask. Just be thankful that I was there and I helped your mom and sister." He said. "Close your eyes. You must be tired from running here and there."

My eyes widened. How did he know that? Is he a stalker?

"Ya! Are you a stalker? Did you follow me? You ert!" I hit him multiple times. "Where are you taking me?!"

"I'm not your stalker, babo! It's just a guess. It's not my fault that I hit the right botton!" He said. "And I'm taking you home!"

Aissh. He's right. "M-mianada."

"Just keep your mouth shut while I drive." 


We reached our house without even talking to each other. I got off as soon as my car stopped. I ran to the door but when I opened the front door, I saw Mrs. Lee crying as men in black suits were lifting and carrying our things out.

"What's happening here?!" I ran to Mrs. Lee. "Who are they?"

"I don't know, Miss." Lee ahjumma said. "T-they barged in and grabbed the things!" The old lady was shaking.

"Ahjussi, stop it! This is our house! Please stop!" I pleaded but they were deaf to my cries. "Stop!" I stood in the middle of their way.

"Agasshi, we're just doing our job!" A middle aged ahjussi shouted at me. I had to bear it.

"Ahjussi, let's settle this for once! Please listen!"

"We're not negotiating. This is our job and if you don't move, I might end up hurting you!" 

This mean ahjussi warned me but I didn't move an inch. I won't give this house up, whatever happens. But to my surprise, he pushed me forcefully that cause my back to hit the wall! It hurts so bad that I can't even stand up. 

"What's taking you so long?" Kim Woobin appeared. His eyes widened when he saw the mess in our house as I was sitting on the floor. He rushed towards me. "What happened?"

As I looked in his eyes, I remember what happened to us- the house keepers were fired because we can't pay them anymore, me being the center of gossips in the university, roaming around to ask for help but ended up being rejected, my omma getting hospitalized because of stress and Sohyun's pain in her eyes while losing her friends because we were bankrupt. I made up my mind.

"Kim Woobin-sshi, I agree to marry you." He was shocked. "Just keep these guys away from here."

He nodded at me before standing up. He grabbed the ahjussi's collar.

"Are you the one who pushed her?" He glared at him.

"Who are you? I told her to get out of the way but-" before the ahjussi could finish his words, Woobin pushed him too. "Get your team out of here before I break all the bones in your body."

The group was frightened and ran out of the house.

"Mission accomplished." He said as he helped me stood up. I was surprised when he pulled me closer for an embrace. "Are you ok?"

I pulled myself away from him. "Thanks again. Those bastards.." I stopped for a while and remember our deal. "About the marriage... Don't worry I will not run. I'll keep my word."

"Arasso." He answered.
 
I started to walk upstairs to get omma's things. My life suddenly changed. I will soon be married with the guy that I just met. I turned back and saw that he's following me. But there's one thing I don't understand.

"Ya." I looked back at him. He was standing behind me with hands on his pocket. "I understand that you want to get your inheritance and shares, but why me? I mean, there's a lot of girls there who can help you with your problem."

He smirked at me. "Of course it has to be you... Because I hate Lee Jonghyun."

My body froze as I hear that name.

Lee Jonghyun.


_________________________________

Who do you think is Lee Jonghyun in her life? Hello to you! Thank you for taking time to read this update. :)

FYI. Kyuden means palace in Japanese. :)

Also, special thanks to teuksolover, Icar19, kublai, N_nazwa, BuingBuingSehunnie and nunamagrni for subscribing! Please forgive my ignorance for I don't know how to tag. ;)