Meeting and New Beginnings

Romance in the Air

Chapter Word Count: 1,329

~~~

Jun managed to get a hold of Masaki’s coach that afternoon. He had asked the coach about Masaki’s schedule for the tournament and when Jun learned that the junior was available for the rest of the day, he asked if the coach would allow Masaki to have a meeting with his client.

“As you know, Ohno-san is having a match this afternoon with Sakurai-san. Before the upcoming match, he asked me to set a meeting with Aiba-san for him,” Jun said.

Knowing that it’s wrong to refuse such an honor, the coach agreed, “Yes, of course.”

“Well then,” Jun said, “if it’s possible to borrow him for the rest of the day?”

The coach scratched his head, “Is it going to take that long?”

 He was concerned that Masaki might not be able to train before his match for the next day. He knew that meeting with Satoshi might help the kid but it will not make sense if he wouldn’t be able to prepare.

Jun, seeing the concerned face of the coach, said, “Don’t worry. Ohno-san said that he will be the one to train him for tomorrow’s match.”

The coach sighed heavily. He felt that the pressure on him was lessened. He sure is one lucky boy, the coach thought.

 “Yes, sure,” the coach replied, “Please wait, I’ll just get him.”

“Arigatou.” Jun said, thanking the coach.

~***~

And Masaki was there. He came! Satoshi thought as he ran down the track. It was still a part of his training to run on the tracks. His stamina was getting lower with his age but he wanted to maintain the best possible speed for him.

Masaki was wearing casual wear: a blue and red striped T-shirt, khaki pants and running shoes. His outfit was supposed to be different but he took a lot of time in choosing that he ended up with these. He was so nervous that his hands were getting all sweaty and ice-cold. This is so scary, he thought, I shouldn’t have come.

Their eyes met as Masaki walked half-way through the field.

He’s so pretty, Satoshi thought, his eyes following Masaki ask the boy came closer to him. He slowed his pace as reached the final lap that he set for himself.

Jun was watching in the shadows. He knew that the meeting that Satoshi thought wasn’t about business or the game. He didn’t want to interfere, but he just had to see for himself what would happen to the two of them. He was very--curious.

Masaki was really happy to see that Satoshi took interest in him. He was really looking forward to their meeting; however his knees were now shaking as he came near him. “Good day!” Masaki greeted Satoshi with a smile.

“Hello there,” Satoshi replied as he stopped in front of Masaki, breathing heavily from the run. “Nice of you to join me.”

“Thank you for inviting me.”

“I will not take too long. I’ll tell it straight to you now,” Satoshi said, “I’d like to take you from your coach.”

~***~

“Did you think over what you have just said?”

The coach was in rage as he heard from Masaki that he would be leaving his care due to Satoshi’s desire.

“Yes.”

“No, you didn’t!” the coach shouted.

“I’m really sorry.” Masaki bowed low, as much as he could.

The coach just sighed as he waved hand to dismiss Masaki, letting him leave his care and move on with the famous player as his coach. Masaki walked away happy but with guilt. He knew that his team will be losing now that he has hurt the coach. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I’m really sorry for leaving. Masaki kept on thinking as he left.

With that, he already knew where he will be: beside Satoshi—where he belonged.

 

“Now that we’re alone,” Satoshi started, “I have some things to discuss with you.”

They—Masaki and Satoshi—were sitting on the side of the court. No one was allowed to enter the court now, knowing that Satoshi was there. They were a bit afraid of his whenever he was in his game mode—not knowing what he was really doing there.

Masaki’s hands were now sweating with nervousness. He felt like a different person in front of his idol. He was nervous in a different way and he couldn’t picture why. He only knew that if he was here beside Satoshi, he would be famous as well.

“First,” Satoshi continued, not wasting any more time, “are you sure that you want to continue your work with me?”

Masaki nodded, his mouth was so dry that he could barely talk.

“Alright then,” Satoshi smiled. “Next is, I want to have a date with you later, at seven.”

Masaki was daubing his sweaty hands on his khaki pants that he almost ripped it when he heard what Satoshi just said. His eyes widened when he looked up to see the famous smile that he used to see only on magazines and on television. It was the sweetest and sincerest smile that he had ever seen in his entire life that he was speechless.

Satoshi was stunned; he looked at him intently, his eyes never wavering from Masaki’s face.

“Seeing your face, I can say that it’s a date then.”

Masaki nodded again, this time bewildered.

“See you later, Masaki-chan.”

~***~

I think I really like him. But how can I tell what I really feel for him? How can my feelings get through him? I know that he adores me but… not as a man, but as a player. Satoshi was filled with thoughts of anxiety and distress. Will he be able to accept my confession? Or will he stop looking at me, smiling with his beautiful eyes? I don’t know. I have never felt like this.

Satoshi closed the gap between them and smiled gently. The lights from the candles on the lone table flickered, showing the face of Masaki.

Satoshi just rented a restaurant just for the two of them. Waiters and waitresses were shocked to find out that the famous tennis player will be having a date in the restaurant and were curious to see who the lucky girl was. Unfortunately for them, when they realized that he was going to have a dinner with a boy, they didn’t bother anymore.

“Look at them,” Satoshi spoke, “Jun said that I was going to have a date and all these people were curious.”

“Sorry for the trouble,” Masaki apologized.

“No need for apologies. Have a seat,” Satoshi replied, pulling out a seat for Masaki.

As Masaki sat down, Satoshi went to the opposite side and sat, gazing at the boy in front of him. This is going to be difficult, Satoshi thought to himself.

They ordered a lot, considering the appetite of Masaki that Satoshi didn’t know. But seeing the smile from Masaki, he couldn’t help but smile, too.

As the meal was set down on their table, Masaki ate as much as he could as if he wasn’t able to eat for many months. Satoshi, on the other hand, just took some fish and meat then finished it off with a red wine that he ordered as well. Taking a sip, he glanced at Masaki who was helping himself with another bite from the steak. Satoshi was engrossed at looking at him that he got startled when the other one spoke.

“Thank you for giving me this attention,” Masaki said.

“It’s my pleasure,” Satoshi replied.

Then Masaki smiled. It gave a warm sensation in Satoshi’s body. Feeling the warmth, he knew that he had to tell the younger one about his feelings before the effects of the alcohol wore off. Here goes nothing.

“Masaki-chan, I have something to say that’s why I prepared this dinner.”

Masaki looked at him, smiled then took a long swig of water, “Yes?”

Satoshi took a mouthful of air before he said, “I like you.”

TBC

~~~

A/N: So sorry for the super late update!!! 

I know that this should be finished already so, I really apologize *bows* for those who waited for the continuation of this fic. I hope that I justified my lateness and that my fic didn’t lose its essence.

Please continue to comment and read the next chapter. *shrugs*