Shouldn't Tell You

Can't Tell You

I smiled when I saw a familar black Mustang pulling up in my driveway. The figure walked out & gave me a hug. I hugged her back.

 

"Hey, Sica. Ready to go?"

 

She asked me with a smile & I nodded my head. I walked over to the passenger seat & climb in. Sooyoung leaned over to help me with my seatbeat when she saw me having trouble with the buckle. Her face was so close to my own that I can smell her peppermint gum that she always chew.

 

Too close..too close...

 

She the engine & we drove to our favorite place, the park where we first became friends. We didn't talk in the car so the music was playing thru out the whole 30 mins. It wasn't awkward silence, just peacefulness. We're always like this in the car or anywhere else. Alone or with friends. We do our talking at the park. Sooyoung parked the car & we went out to our table. I streched my arms & sighed when I felt the breeze of the fall coming close to tell summer to take a rest.

 

"Tired?" Sooyoung asked me & I simply nodded. We were looking around & Sooyoung saw this weird looking tree. She tilted her head to the side & scratch her head.

 

"I wonder how old it is.."

 

"Cut it down & count the rings. The gap between the rings also tell us how many seasons it went through."

 

She laughed at the ridiculous notion.

 

"Too much work, Sica & how you know this?"

 

"Bio major, Soo.."

 

"Oh yeah. I hate biology."

 

"Its the study of life. Its interesting."

 

"I hate life; let alone studying about it."

 

It was silence for a while. I was counting how many leaves that was on the ground. Sooyoung had her eyes closed while looking up to the sky. Her brown hair was covering half of her face from the breeze. The sun was hitting her face at the perfect angles which highlight her jawline and long neck. She had her legs crossed as she was sitting on top of the table, leaning back on her hands. I was looking at her, seeing how peaceful she feels right now.

 

I wish time would stop right now..just let me keep this kodak moment.

 

"Soo, I want to tell you something.." I was looking at the countless leaves again, trying to collect my thoughts.

 

"What do you want to tell me, Sica?"

 

I was thinking if I should tell her or not.

 

I like you.

 

 

The anxiety is building up & if I don't say something soon, I'm going to regret it. I was about to open my mouth when Sooyoung stopped me

 

"Wait, Sica. Hold that thought. Siwon is calling me."

 

GOSH DARN IT! 

 

"Oh..okay..well.."

 

She then looked at me then looked at the floor. I walked away from her to give her some privacy from her phone call. I walked down the sprialing path that lead me to a hill. I went off the path & sat down on one of the benches. I closed my eyes & leaned back. I kinda dozed off. I felt someone sitting next to me. I already know who it was because that person was drawing circles on the back of my hands.

 

"Sorry.." I didn't open my eyes.

 

"Its okay; What did Siwon-oppa say?"

 

"He wants to talk to me about the upcoming family dinner with my family & his.."

 

"Oh."

 

I didn't know what to say. I knew Sooyoung & Siwon was serious since they had been going out for 2 years but isn't that when Sooyoung should settle down? With Siwon.

 

"What did you want to tell me, Jessica?"

 

"Nothing; lost my train of thought."