Chapter 1

Not again, Never.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback to 2 years ago…

Eunhyuk was dating, his girlfriend of a year and a half Krystal. He was such a push-over back then. He loved her so deeply. He would go to the end of the world and back for her, and he didn’t even expect the same back. When she would do wrong by him, he would still be the one to apologize to her. He was so easily manipulated, weak even. 

Once afternoon, he was at the mall with his best friend Kyuhyun. The rather long-haired brunette, at the time, had thoughts of getting his girlfriend a promise ring and today was the day he would get it for her. His buddy wasn’t very fond of the idea since he never really like Krystal, but nevertheless went with the poor boy.

“I can’t wait to see her face! I hope she likes it.” Hyuk said enthusiastically.

“Yeah…” the younger one out of the two responded, rolling his eyes.

Once the 19 year old had picked what he thought was the perfect ring, they made their way to the food court.

Kyuhyun practically ran there. “God, I’m so hungry!” The latter laughed. “Well yeah, you always are.”

Once they got their food and sat down, Hyuk was trying to figure out how he was going to give his girl the gift. 20 minutes went by before things made a turn for the worst.

As the dark haired boy was laughing at something the older had said, he suddenly stopped abruptly. He looked straight ahead, behind his friend.

“What happened? What’s wrong?”

“…”

“Seriously, what?” the brunette asked before turning his body to look behind him. Kyuhyun quickly grabbed his arm to stop him.

“DON’T!” he almost yells.

Eunhyuk furrowed his eyebrows before yanking his arm away from his friend and turning around fully. What he saw made his heart sink; the love of his life walking hand in hand and snuggled up against a man that wasn’t him. He couldn’t believe his eyes. He got up slowly, not taking his eyes away from the pair and making his way towards them.

When he got close, Hyuk stopped in front of her. “Krystal…?” Initially, she was shocked, but then she had an annoyed look of her face.

“What are you doing here Eunhyuk?” she said sighing.

The latter just pulled out the box from his pocket and presented the ring to her.

“I came to get you this.”

She looked at it, then him. “Why?” she responded with an aggravated tone. That was definitely not the reaction Eunhyuk was hoping to get from Krystal.

“…Because I love you and… I wanted to show you... how committed I am to… you.” he said, still not believe what he's witnessing.

She rolled her eyes, turning to the man beside her. “Why don’t you get us a table? I have to handle some stuff, but I’ll meet you there Siwon.”

“Sure babe.” The good-looking fellow said before walking away and flashing the other male a smirk.

“Alright, listen carefully Hyuk. I don’t want to date you anymore.” She said in a serious tone. “I realized that you’re not really my type. You’re too nice and easy, and I got tired of it. I need a bad boy in my life, a real man. Not you, an N-O-B-O-D-Y. So you can keep the ring, I don’t want it.” She told him before walking away to meet her date.

That was how Lee Eunhyuk’s life came crashing around him…

 

I spent months crying over a girl who didn’t even love me back, after that horrible day. But, that’s what brought upon the decision to change for the best. I got a completely make-over. I started to work out at the gym on the regular, and changed my hairstyle to a dirty blond, spiking it upwards. I got a total attitude alteration as well. I stopped using my real name, and went by Hyuk. I became a ‘bad boy’ that women, even men, would throw themselves at. I didn’t have any serious relationship ever since, only casual hook-ups. That was how I could protect myself…

Before I knew it, I arrive at my apartment. Parked the car and headed to the lobby. Once I passed the threshold of my place, I threw my jacket on the couch, making my way to my room. I took a shower and walking to the huge wall-size window in my living room. I stared out into the busy streets of Seoul.

“I know I’m doing the right thing…”

With that, I went to bed shortly after.

 

The next morning…

I was woken by the loud knocks of my best friend Kyuhyun on my front door.

“…what do you want Kyu?!” I said groggily.

“Well hello to you too sunshine” he answer walking right past me, entering my apartment.

“I had a feeling you’d be late to school I didn’t come pick you up.” He tells me, as he was pouring himself a glass of orange juice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter